Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 03:52 PM

97 posts, read 105,608 times

Advertisements

Thanks everyone ..I appreciate taking the time and replying..they solved the issue with a very satisfactory alternative thanks to them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2015, 07:11 PM

986 posts, read 1,866,317 times
Can I ask what they gave you instead?

Old 02-26-2015, 08:56 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,912,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kippy View Post
Lesson #2: If food tastes off, don't keep eating it.

Lesson #3: If food tastes off, don't feed any to your child.

pfft. I go the reverse order there for my sake

Old 02-27-2015, 12:59 AM

1,146 posts, read 1,413,499 times
Sorry to hear about your troubles, OP but I think Walmart compensated you fairly. By complaining, Wal Mart will probably contact their supplier for the nuts and yell at them or find a new supplier.

They could have easily just apologized and gave you nothing. I remember a few years ago, I was wearing contact lenses made by Cooper Vision. I opened one of the brand new packs and there was no lense inside. The packaging was not tampered with. I contacted Cooper Vision and they apologized and basically said they couldn't do anything else. I gave them one more chance and I followed up with them and I got the same response. They lost my business after that.

Old 02-27-2015, 06:05 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,054,189 times
$15? I first thought this thread would be in PRAISE of Wal-Mart. Other places would make you sign 2 forms, then just have you wait 4-6 weeks for some compensation in your mail.

Yes, that is fair and adequate. Be happy your child was OK. It happens. When I was 2, I ate a crayon because I thought it was a piece of chocolate. You know what I got from Crayola?!?!? NADA!!!!!!

Old 02-27-2015, 06:50 AM

2,202 posts, read 2,303,537 times
Once (as an adult) I ate a Tootsie Pop and discovered there was no Tootsie inside.. I wrote a letter and received coupons for like 10.00 for Tootsie Roll products..

Old 02-27-2015, 06:58 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,745,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbanPioneer View Post
Those packages that say "best buy" typically contain electronics and DVDs and the only way to get a poisoning is by watching an episode of the jerry springer show.

Otherwise, I agree that walmart did the right thing here.
Oh man, I think I'm in love.

That's a stitch.

As to the OP, those "sell by" dates are so nebulous. I'd not have any qualms about eating SOME food items beyond their expiration dates.

My father worked for Skippy Peanut Butter in Portsmouth, VA and the only peanut butter we ate was the peanut butter that had been rejected for one reason or another.

It's what made us strong and healthy!

Old 02-27-2015, 07:22 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,059,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely person View Post
I am very positive it is this item..how did you know it was not bad enough?because i did not go to emergency ..yes it did not call for that but it was bad enough to prevent me from being able to walk.. and even if i did not eat a bite that does not eliminate the fact they they sold me expired food..
If it was really bad enough to prevent you from being able to walk you should have called an ambulance.

Personally I would take the $15. I can't think of any food store that I frequent that I have not at some time found or purchased products past the expiration date.

Old 02-27-2015, 07:23 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarqCider View Post

Lesson #2: If food tastes off, don't keep eating it.

Lesson #3: If food tastes off, don't feed any to your child.

pfft. I go the reverse order there for my sake
No, the poster got it right. Feed if to the kids first, to test it. If they die, they are replaceable.

Old 02-27-2015, 07:26 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,059,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
$15? I first thought this thread would be in PRAISE of Wal-Mart. Other places would make you sign 2 forms, then just have you wait 4-6 weeks for some compensation in your mail.

Yes, that is fair and adequate. Be happy your child was OK. It happens. When I was 2, I ate a crayon because I thought it was a piece of chocolate. You know what I got from Crayola?!?!? NADA!!!!!!
Was it good?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
View detailed profiles of: