Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 12:00 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,366,159 times

Advertisements

Yeah, MCD sales down from last year, but even so they pulled in 27B of sales, over 4B in revenue. Stock is close to its all time high, so they must be doing something right.

Also, an interesting article how MCD became popular in arguably one of the most food-obsessed countries in the world

Why McDonald's In France Doesn't Feel Like Fast Food : The Salt : NPR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2015, 12:50 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,138,222 times
Almost everything from McD's seems like it was created with the use of powders and chemicals being mixed and poured into varying forms in a laboratory, rather than via using real ingredients (or a real kitchen for that matter).

The burgers have the same consistency and texture as the buns they're placed on; the fries appear to be a slight variant of instant mashed potatoes (only without the potato taste); and the chicken has an almost rubber-like quality, presumably due to it being comprised of chicken leftovers that even a butcher wouldn't feed to his blind, ailing old dog.

With clever presentation, cardboard steeped a while in bouillon broth and topped with sea salt and wilted lettuce may provide for a similar meal quality.

Old 05-20-2015, 02:33 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,023,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
Almost everything from McD's seems like it was created with the use of powders and chemicals being mixed and poured into varying forms in a laboratory, rather than via using real ingredients (or a real kitchen for that matter).

The burgers have the same consistency and texture as the buns they're placed on; the fries appear to be a slight variant of instant mashed potatoes (only without the potato taste); and the chicken has an almost rubber-like quality, presumably due to it being comprised of chicken leftovers that even a butcher wouldn't feed to his blind, ailing old dog.

With clever presentation, cardboard steeped a while in bouillon broth and topped with sea salt and wilted lettuce may provide for a similar meal quality.
Have you eaten there lately? That hasn't been my experience at all.

And no, I don't subsist on a diet of fast food. I eat healthy foods about 75% of the time, cook at home from scratch about six nights out of the week and eat tons of fruits and veggies.

Old 05-20-2015, 02:39 PM

1,638 posts, read 3,831,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gichicago View Post
Yeah, MCD sales down from last year, but even so they pulled in 27B of sales, over 4B in revenue. Stock is close to its all time high, so they must be doing something right.

Also, an interesting article how MCD became popular in arguably one of the most food-obsessed countries in the world

Why McDonald's In France Doesn't Feel Like Fast Food : The Salt : NPR
We ate at McD's in Paris (twice!) and the food was DELICIOUS. They don't use as much salt on their food, and the burger tasted fresh, just like I remember the old McD's tasting.

We go to McD's sometimes because the kids grew up eating it. It's comfort food to them. My husband and I find it gross and don't eat it.

Old 05-20-2015, 03:27 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,640,250 times
I used to love McDonald's until they changed their fries and would eat there a couple of times a month. Now, they just don't taste good to me and their burgers aren't good either. I've tried various McDs and was still disappointed in the food. Now if I have a yen for a fast food burger, I'm not sure where I'd go - maybe Wendys.

Old 05-20-2015, 06:07 PM

10,068 posts, read 7,239,454 times
There are a handful of items I can legitimately eat from McDonald's. I never order the fries.

Old 05-20-2015, 07:11 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
It's all about quality and honest in the ingredients these days. Places that continue to serve dishonest food and mystery ingredients will continue to see declines in their business.

Old 05-20-2015, 07:31 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,545,426 times
These threads always make me crave a Filet-o-Fish.

I never really feel good after I eat one.... but about twice a year I give in and eat a Filet-O-Fish and small fries. Just need to satisfy that craving every once in a while.

Oh, and I will eat a Sausage McMuffin w/o egg, or an Egg McMuffin maybe 6 times a year when I have an early meeting at work.

Old 05-20-2015, 08:06 PM

12,387 posts, read 8,152,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo_Bills View Post
McDonalds is eh to me. I will eat it once in a while.

Now why eat at McDonalds when there is Five Guys
Simple, there are five McDonald's within my walking distance at this moment, one each of the other big international players Taco Bell, Jack In The Box, Burger King, Der Wienerscnitzel, Wendy's, Carl's Jr, maybe three Subway's. Right now at the end of rush hour in my city when most like to eat dinner to drive to the nearest Five Guys, In N Out, Fat Burger or the other next step up in perceived quality to the smaller chains would cost me an hour of my life before adding in the increased monetary cost of food.

Old 05-20-2015, 09:43 PM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
I love the breakfast sandwiches and hotcakes! I also love the fillet-o-fish and apple pies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products