Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 10:16 PM

645 posts, read 707,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Hot sauce and ramen never go bad.... they will be fine for that week.
what if the box is exposed to sun for some time? or in the hot truck for many hours per day during that week
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2015, 11:54 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVguy View Post
what if the box is exposed to sun for some time? or in the hot truck for many hours per day during that week

If you are that concerned about the items you ordered then do not order any other items.

The trucks those items are shipped in are van trailers which means the only sunlight they see is when the big back door is open when a delivery is being made other wise the inside of the trailer is dark.
Also these items come in brown cardboard boxes and instant noodles and hot sauce is not going to go bad no matter where it sits for an extended period of time because these are not perishable items.
You also have no idea how long items on a grocery shelf have been sitting in a warehouse, in a hot truck or at the manufacturers plant until someone orders it, it gets delivered then put on the grocery shelf.

Old 07-30-2015, 01:09 AM

7,029 posts, read 4,896,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meyers View Post
Call Amazon. They have stupendous customer service. Every time I call they fix everything and usually give me a credit.
NOT!

I ordered and paid for some canisters. The seller cancelled the order, saying they were out of stock. They were also the cheapest canisters in that style by about $70.

So I contacted Amazon. The man was very nice and said he'd give me a credit. However, when I went to order different canisters, I noticed the same seller had relisted his same canisters at the same price. Since they were still cheaper than any of the other canisters, even with the discount, I contacted Amazon again to find out if I could get these same canisters and what would happen if the seller cancelled my order again. I was assured this time that the seller would not cancel the order. In fact, I was emphatically assured.

I paid for the canisters again (note that I had to wait 10 days the last time to get my money refunded) and of course, the seller cancelled my order again. I contacted Amazon again. This time I wanted my money back right away and I wanted a discount to get the canisters for the same price I was going to pay, but from someone else. Of course, I had to wait 10 more days for my money to get refunded again and I was told a 10% discount was all I would get.

I got my canisters off of eBay.

This was the 4th order Amazon had screwed up - out of 4 orders. Of the first three, one was cancelled (out of stock), one was wrong (returned), and one was supposed to be sent gift wrapped (which I paid extra for) and wasn't.

So at this point I contacted Amazon to close out my account and was sent a form to fill out. I filled out the form to close my account and as I had kept all the emails about the canisters, I sent those as well in the 'Comments' section and then sent the form back.

A couple days later I got an email from Amazon saying they could not close out my account because they could not find a seller account for me.

True story.

I wouldn't buy anything off of Amazon if you paid me at this point. I've never seen such a messed up company. I've been buying off of eBay for 20 years and I've never had a problems like I've had with Amazon.

Old 07-30-2015, 01:17 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
^^^^^^

I would not order off of ebay if you gave me the stuff for free it has gotten so bad.
I have been ordering from amazon for more than 20 years and have had an issue one time.
Any time I return something or want a refund it is credited to my account within a few hours not 10 days.

You also do not need amazon to close your account you can do that yourself.

Old 07-30-2015, 01:21 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
I've had great experience with both Amazon and eBay. I rarely purchase anything that doesn't offer prime shipping on Amazon.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:40 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,896,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
^^^^^^

I would not order off of ebay if you gave me the stuff for free it has gotten so bad.
I have been ordering from amazon for more than 20 years and have had an issue one time.
Any time I return something or want a refund it is credited to my account within a few hours not 10 days.

You also do not need amazon to close your account you can do that yourself.
Not according to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products