Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 02:03 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,033,761 times

Advertisements

I don't know anything about the law, but I think you're not required to do anything.

If a company cannot control their own warehouse and shipping dept., you are not under any obligation to help fix it.

If you feel morally obligated to try to correct the error, then you should totally do that, if it makes you feel better.

==

If you went to a rock concert and there were backstage passes and free drink tickets in your ticket order that you didn't expect, would you give them back?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2015, 04:38 PM

82 posts, read 70,717 times
I would want what I ordered in the first place, that's why I ordered it. Return the wrong item, call the company first and arrange for the return. They should be happy to pay the shipping fee.

Old 09-18-2015, 04:41 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsydevil82 View Post
You order and pay for a product, and when you get it, it's the wrong one, but it's better & worth more than the product you originally ordered. What would you do, keep it or return it for the original?
This happened to me.
I contacted the seller to tell them.

They told me just to keep it.

Old 09-19-2015, 06:58 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,824,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I would let them know that they sent me the wrong item and see what they want to do. Depending on the price difference, it might not be worth it to them to pay to ship it back then pay to ship my original order. Are we talking about something that is $10 more or something a lot more expensive?

If it was something like I ordered a Ninja blender ($100) and they sent me a vitamix ($600), then yes I would say something and send it back. It is not what I ordered and it would be wrong to keep it. But I would ask for my original shipping charges to be refunded to me, or ask for some kind of compensation for the mix up. Especially if it now meant that I had to take the wrong order to UPS to ship back, or if it was something I was wanting by a specific date.
That's what I was thinking....if I ordered a hand vacuum that was $50 and they sent me one that was $65 and it was to my liking, I'd keep it.....not going to hassle with boxing it up...shipping it off....etc....the blender scenario would go back....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products