Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 12:07 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,978,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalfur View Post
Get "in and out" if your only going for a few things at either store. I have heard people on the thread mention the stores they shop at. HEB, SAMS, Wal-Mart, Costco, ALDI- Mart and the Dollar store. This is my first time hearing Wally World - is that the name? Or what you call it. We do not have one hear in my location.
"Wally World" is Wal-Mart. Just a play on words on their name.....and National Lampoon's Vacation. Ie, Walley World.

As it was, I didn't go there. I really didn't want to go any more out of my way home than needed, so I went to the local HEB and they did have the plungers I needed. Picked up coffee and Romaine as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2015, 12:24 PM

22,581 posts, read 47,649,975 times
Quote:
G This is my first time hearing Wally World - is that the name? Or what you call it. We do not have one hear in my location.
Gosh... I thought WalMart invaded every corner of the country!

Old 09-30-2015, 03:09 PM

133 posts, read 221,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxiegal View Post
Wal-Mart=WallyWorld. Just a pun on the name. I heard it first back in the 90's.
. I asked because some people on this thread may be from non- common places that do not have common stores. Such as the Piggly Viggly grocery store in GA. Seen it in the movie Driving Mrs. Daisy. I love that movie!!!

Old 09-30-2015, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Gosh... I thought WalMart invaded every corner of the country!
Clarified on the other remarks. Thought she was talking about another store. Wally World=Wal-Mart. Got it duh...lol.

Old 09-30-2015, 03:15 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,679,699 times
Quote:
. I asked because some people on this thread may be from non- common places that do not have common stores. Such as the Piggly Viggly grocery store in GA. Seen it in the movie Driving Mrs. Daisy. I love that movie!!!
Where do you live? Many stores are regional.

Old 09-30-2015, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxiegal View Post
Where do you live? Many stores are regional.
We do have regional stores- I'm in the City of Houston- there's too much here. I think I'll take the Piggly Viggly anyday!!!

Old 09-30-2015, 04:42 PM

I love the smaller town grocery stores. True- you may have limited selections but in my opinion you won't have prices changing faces too much. Not, only that they have kept their origins of foundation to the towns. They were here long before large Markets such as the ones today. I would support them in a heart beat!!! I found a photo of the Piggly Viggly that is still vibrant today.
Attached Thumbnails
Can't fill up my pantry anymore!! Cost too much $$$-piggly-viggly.jpg  

Last edited by kalfur; 09-30-2015 at 05:05 PM..

Old 09-30-2015, 09:18 PM

Quote:
I love the smaller town grocery stores. True- you may have limited selections but in my opinion you won't have prices changing faces too much. Not, only that they have kept their origins of foundation to the towns. They were here long before large Markets such as the ones today. I would support them in a heart beat!!! I found a photo of the Piggly Viggly that is still vibrant today.
Sorry that's Piggly Wiggly. It's said differently in movie.

Old 10-01-2015, 12:14 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,978,128 times
One thing you might try is to use smaller frozen juice but fill it with more water, perhaps obtaining the same volume as the larger sizes. It was a trick I learn from aerobics teacher (25 years ago) that adding more water aids in the body absorbing the nutrients.

.......as she said. Who knows, perhaps it was a concept that has since been debunked.

Old 10-01-2015, 04:47 PM

We went to the store today and bought the items the boys selected and came out pretty good. As their selections mainly covered snacks, breakfast and lunch. I still had an overall budget and spent $ 236.83. They mainly wanted yogurt kits- I call them with the toppings to add in, pocket pizzas, I had meat sliced by the lbs. at the deli dept. at HEB- they enjoyed seeing the meat sliced vs. buying the packaged meats. I think it may last longer because there are thin .5, 1" sliced mixed. Their selections also included fruit kits that come in a variety. The main meats for dinner included chicken breast, meat balls- pre cooked, dry beans with ham pieces to add in it with rice and spinach- fresh leaf. I will do breakfast one night and tuna casserole this week. Gas prices are $1.99 here and I will be watching that price over the next few weeks. I did see a slight increase on the meats again up by $ 1-2 dollars. The eggs are slightly higher by .43 cents, and popular items seem to be in competition with the leading brand. The name brands seem to be steady and less than the leading brands which is not normal. hmmm....I will keep an eye out on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products