Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 06:32 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,619,187 times

Advertisements

Amazon loses a couple days when they deliver to the PO. It's frustrating but it is saving the big boys lots of money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2015, 06:58 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,466,159 times
I think in your case, I'd complain to Amazon. They may offer you a gift card or something.

I do have Amazon Prime. The last time I looked, they were running a special of around $65 for a year instead of $99. You might want to check it out. If you order enough stuff, even if you don't use the other features, it might be worth it to you.

When I order stuff with my Amazon Prime, I'll often get the option of choosing "no-rush" shipping, and if I choose that option, they'll give me a $1.00 credit for digital downloads. If I don't need my stuff quickly, I will choose that option, so I can watch a newer movie with my digital credits, that's not included with Amazon Prime for free. When I choose no-rush, it can take a pretty long time - maybe even a couple weeks, depending.

So, I don't really think it's a conspiracy. I think they're trying to cut back on shipping costs. Obviously, getting me to accept a slower shipping option saves them a lot more than the $1.00 credit they gave me LOL. But, they're offering incentives to Prime members, too, to not use the free two-day shipping option.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:05 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,533 posts, read 81,025,451 times
Now, in fact I'm surprised to get packages ordered Friday on Sunday, delivered by the USPS.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:13 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,406,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
Now, in fact I'm surprised to get packages ordered Friday on Sunday, delivered by the USPS.

Yes, the post office has been delivering packages on Sunday for at least a year in my area. But that doesnt change the fact that many of my Amazon orders are delayed in shipping.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:12 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,003,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
I'm finding that it's not the shipping company that's delaying but Amazon itself. An order placed 9/17 sat at Amazon until they finally marked it "shipped" on 10/7. I'll probably get it 10/9. It's the "sitting on the order before shipping" part that's frustrating me.
What did Amazon say when you contacted them?

Old 10-09-2015, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post

I know you asked TracySam this question but I'll also answer it. Amazon has truly great customer service and, every time I've complained, Amazon has responded by adding an extra free month of Prime or giving me a partial refund on the merchandise. But I've read about customers being banned for complaining too often or returning merchandise too often, so I try not to complain unless the shipment is delayed for an unreasonable period of time or never arrives.

Old 10-09-2015, 10:15 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,880,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I need to check and see how to contact them. I looked in the order itself to see if there is anything to "contact us about this order" but nothing. So it's probably just some general customer service e-mail (it'd better not be a phone number!) I need to check over the weekend.

I confess, I usually hesitate to contact customer service for companies, because I always predict that it will be a frustrating, stressful, unpleasant experience. If amazon's customer service is good, that makes me feel better. I wish they just had a button within each order to contact them about that specific order.

I understand about choosing less expensive shipping options, and I understand about delays caused by the shipper. But sitting on an order for weeks (when everything was in stock) before even marking it "shipped" is ridiculous.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:10 AM

Go to the Help page (under Let Us Help You) at the bottom of any Amazon page -- then go to the the Need More Help? page -- and then Contact Us. Fill put the form there. I guarantee you'll get an email response very quickly -- within hours usually. Amazon has the best customer service I've ever experienced -- they should conduct seminars on customer service.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:24 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,188,260 times
For fastest response, use twitter to reach out to @amazon. They have people monitoring their twitter account and you may get a response in minutes.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:51 AM

23,576 posts, read 70,330,116 times
I suspect I know what is going on. With small items, and especially if you order with any frequency, Amazon can save $$$ by bunching your orders into a single shipment, and will delay to the last possible moment and force the 2 day delivery upon USP or Fedex. With a larger item that cannot be bunched, shipment is faster. I've experienced both styles of shipping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products