Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 11:54 AM

44,632 posts, read 61,629,357 times

Advertisements

For some of you in some areas with some items you can now get 1-2 hour delivery from Amazon.
Amazon Prime rolls out 1-hour delivery service
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2015, 12:03 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,902,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
For some of you in some areas with some items you can now get 1-2 hour delivery from Amazon.
Amazon Prime rolls out 1-hour delivery service
Well, that's a little faster than I actually need, but thanks.

Old 10-09-2015, 01:31 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
Yes I've seen it. It has nothing to do with actual shipment delivery time but with pick and pack time - in other words the time of shipment is delayed. I suspect they have introduced some kind of efficiencies for batch picking or shipping preparation or processing that results in, what they perceive, as only a minor decrease in customer service.
Make your complaint known with Amazon.

Old 10-09-2015, 01:37 PM

I sent them a message today, following TFW's advice on where to click. I'd have never found it if it weren't for that advice, since there is no simple thing to click for "contact us" or "customer service." Will let you know.

Old 10-09-2015, 01:50 PM

Well, they did respond to me quickly. But they only mentioned two of my missing items and not the third. So I just asked about the third book.

For the first book, they said they found a problem with how my order was recorded on their end, and that delayed the shipping, but they fixed it, and it will be shipped now. They said the shipping will not be charged to me, but I had free shipping anyway.

For the second book, they said it was out of stock. I responded that when I ordered it, it clearly said "in stock." But I understand if things go out of stock after an order is placed. However, I said they SHOULD send the customer and e-mail that it's temporarily out of stock. I'd have been fine with that, and not as annoyed as I am.

We'll see what they say about the 3rd book.

Old 10-09-2015, 02:58 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times
I always opt for free shipping, and my orders normally arrive in less time than was estimated.
However, an order that I placed about 2 1/2 weeks ago was really late, so--finally--I went online and found that my order had apparently been received at the local UPS facility in damaged condition and UPS returned it to the merchant. If I had never bothered to check, I would have not known what happened, so clearly Amazon needs to improve communication with customers in regard to situations like this.

Once I found out what had transpired, I re-ordered the merchandise, albeit from a different merchant.
For reasons that I can't explain, I received my order the next day!

Perhaps the second merchant is located in my state, or...perhaps...Amazon is trying to make nice-nice by giving me free express shipping as a result of the problem with my previous order. I really don't know which of these scenarios might be the case, but I'm certainly not complaining about getting my order w/in 24 hours--without having to pay for shipping.

That being said, I'm still waiting for my MasterCard to be credited for the first shipment that I never received.

Old 10-09-2015, 04:15 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,435,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
...However, an order that I placed about 2 1/2 weeks ago was really late, so--finally--I went online and found that my order had apparently been received at the local UPS facility in damaged condition and UPS returned it to the merchant. If I had never bothered to check, I would have not known what happened, so clearly Amazon needs to improve communication with customers in regard to situations like this...

I'm on Amazon's side here. Do you really expect Amazon to keep track of every single shipment? You have the tracking number and it's up to the customer to check on the shipment. UPS/FedEx/USPS does not notify Amazon when a package shows evidence of damage -- they just send it back. Amazon doesnt even know what happens to shipments until they're returned or the customer advises Amazon of a problem.

I've had quite a few Amazon shipments get damaged in transit. The shipping department is the worst -- and anything liquid or glass has a good chance of breaking in transit. I never expected Amazon to notify me -- but, when I notified Amazon, they immediately shipped a replacement order to me. The few times that replacement merchandise was not available, they credited my card right away.

Old 10-09-2015, 04:28 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
I'm on Amazon's side here. Do you really expect Amazon to keep track of every single shipment? You have the tracking number and it's up to the customer to check on the shipment. UPS/FedEx/USPS does not notify Amazon when a package shows evidence of damage -- they just send it back. Amazon doesnt even know what happens to shipments until they're returned or the customer advises Amazon of a problem.

I've had quite a few Amazon shipments get damaged in transit. The shipping department is the worst -- and anything liquid or glass has a good chance of breaking in transit. I never expected Amazon to notify me -- but, when I notified Amazon, they immediately shipped a replacement order to me. The few times that replacement merchandise was not available, they credited my card right away.
I have never before had a shipment returned because of damage.
Perhaps you order more "stuff" than I do, but...yes...I do expect Amazon to make me aware of what is taking place with an order that I placed with them. Is that unrealistic?

Old 10-09-2015, 07:56 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,435,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
I have never before had a shipment returned because of damage.
Perhaps you order more "stuff" than I do, but...yes...I do expect Amazon to make me aware of what is taking place with an order that I placed with them. Is that unrealistic?

I do all my shopping online and order from Amazon 30-35 times per month. So, yes, I've had a lot of experience with damaged merchandise being returned by UPS/FedEx/USPS. Amazon's Customer Service is awesome but its Shipping Dept is the pits.

I do think you're being unrealistic to expect updates once your order is shipped. That's why Amazon gives you the tracking number. As much as I order from Amazon (and many other sites), I always follow the tracking so I know when a package will be delivered and what problems might arise in transit.

Old 10-09-2015, 09:28 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,322,930 times
I've ordered off of Amazon a couple of times in the past couple of months. No noticeable delay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products