Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 04:47 PM

4,439 posts, read 5,517,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
because in another 30 years, since there will only have been 13000 produced, they will be far more rare. And, therefore worth far more money.

So, when you're watching Pawn Stars in 2045 and someone comes walking in with one of them..

The 1964 1/2 Mustang.. Why does that car sell for so much more than a 65 mustang? Because there were only 120k or so produced, while the 65 had over half a million.
But how does this benefit PepsiCo? They're certainly not gonna see any of that money. The purpose of a successful firm is to have as many happy customers as possible, not to have a lucky few that get to make out like bandits while many, many more are left with a sour taste in their mouths for a long time to come.

I'll try again at 9 am on Nov 3rd. If I get lucky and score a couple bottles, great. If not, I'll be drinking Coca-Cola for a long, long time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2015, 05:03 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
NorthStar - LET IT GO!!!

Old 10-22-2015, 05:19 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
I'll try again at 9 am on Nov 3rd. If I get lucky and score a couple bottles, great. If not, I'll be drinking Coca-Cola for a long, long time.
I would say earlier then that if you really want one. We don't need another thread 2 weeks from now about how you once again missed out on getting a Pepsi Perfect because, shocker, other people wanted them as well.

In the meantime, I think you should buy this hat to let others know how upset you are:

Pepsi FEATURED COLLECTION | All I Want Is A Pepsi Baseball Cap | Shop the Pepsi Official Store

Old 10-22-2015, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
NorthStar - LET IT GO!!!
Just because you said that, I'll never, ever let it go. You just fueled my desire to fight for what's right- my right to have a Pepsi Perfect.

Old 10-22-2015, 06:02 PM

486 posts, read 831,972 times
I guess Pepsi way underestimated how popular this would be. I liked the back to the future movies but I'm not going to buy perfect Pepsi.

Old 10-22-2015, 06:49 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypersion View Post
I guess Pepsi way underestimated how popular this would be. I liked the back to the future movies but I'm not going to buy perfect Pepsi.
I think this is why it was so limited. Pepsi didn't realize that there was such a big market for people wanting to pay $20.15 for a soda. They probably had a meeting about how many people would pay a 2000% mark up for something related to a film released in 1989 and came up with a low number. Then they lowered that number a little more to make it "special" and "limited" to make sure to get people interested.

Little did they know that there are apparently millions of people who would pay $20.15 for a 16 oz soda. I feel like if they knew how popular it really would be, they would have done a few months of Pepsi Perfect bottles in replace of the normal Pepsi bottle... Sort of like the Santa/Polar Bear cans that Coke does for Christmas.

I blame Chicago for the "mass" frenzy. If the Cubs hadn't of made it to the post season, there would not have been as many "Cubs Win the World Series" memes everywhere and "Back to the Future Day" wouldn't have gotten as much attention.

Old 10-22-2015, 11:57 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,936,320 times
Has anyone thought about why the number - 6500?? Watch the movie again...

Old 10-23-2015, 06:45 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,264,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
Because wanting to buy something is the same as trying to get something for free.
No, the point is wanting and endless supply of something that was originally announced as limited quantities.

Old 10-23-2015, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
No, the point is wanting and endless supply of something that was originally announced as limited quantities.
I fail to see why you think I'm in the wrong to think this way. I've never encountered someone with your opinion in my life.

This is an excellent example of what "limited edition" means:

Five Amazing New Pop-Tart Flavors You Need To Know About

They will only be on sale for a limited time but quanities will be more or less unlimited during this time. There's nothing wrong with me expecting the same from Pepsi - especially at $20 a bottle.

Old 10-23-2015, 01:43 PM

22,556 posts, read 47,614,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
I fail to see why you think I'm in the wrong to think this way.
Yeah... everyone is wrong and you are right.
Well, at least you got that.
:::sheesh::: Talk about belaboring a point... especially an invalid one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products