Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 10:23 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,375,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Same here, there is a salesperson at the local Rite Aid that I HATE to deal with, she doesn't say word one, even after I say hello initially, thank you at the end, etc. - ARG.
I think this must be a fairly common occurance. I have had this happen more than I care to remember and I am the type to always say hello but some slackers just look at you with this "duh" look on their faces.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 11:12 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,483,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaduke View Post
I walked into a store years ago to purchase something under $5. The clerk rang me up and I handed her a $5 bill and she gave me change for a $20.

I told her that the change was wrong and before I could finish she ripped me a new one, telling me that I was trying to get money back.

I again told her that the change was wrong and again before I could finish she tore into me.

So the third time I looked her in the eyes and said, look *****, you over paid me but because you insist that you are right and I am wrong I'll keep the money and you can make it up from your own pocket.

busta

Good for you! I l work at Macy's and I would love having you as a customer.

Oh, and what did she say when you said that??

Old 09-28-2010, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
One time at wal-mart they had a big sign over a new release dvd that was like $15 and some change,so I got it and when the cashier rang it up it was like $18,I told her about the sign and she called electronics dept.and a customer service manager(CSM) and they said no its $18, and I said no I saw the sign,I wouldnt have grabbed it if it were $18,and I said come with me I'll show you, so as we were walking back to electronics they were changing the sign and I caught them in the act,Wal-Mart has a policy that if a item rings up wrong that the customer gets $3 off that item and they didnt want to give me that either,so I just had to call the Store manager and the district manager.I doubt they did anything.
Wow, that is ridiculous. 3 bucks! Where I work we change prices for people all the time. I hate Walmart!

Old 09-28-2010, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
I was shopping at Dillards when my son was 6 months old (not quite 8 years ago) the day he got fitted with one of the helmets that help when their soft spots are flattening instead of rounding. He looked like a little football player and the thing was navy blue. Not very easy to disguise not that we would have tried to. Anyway, I had received a gift certificate from work so I was just looking around. There were 3 sales people standing by the register doing nothing but talking. When we walked by one of them actually said to the others "I wonder what she did to that baby." The others mumbled something back to her. I was so mad! Another mother had heard it and came up and told me she knew what it was and not to worry about idiots like that. I walked up to their little group and told them I didn't do anything to my child and they needed to learn to keep their mouths shut when people can hear them. Handed them the gift card and told them I wouldn't take anything from that store if they gave it to me. I didn't set foot back in there until 2 years ago to buy the only dress I could find I liked for a Christmas party. And I told everyone about it. A lot of my friends stopped shopping there too. A bunch of freakin' snobby idiots!
You should have gone to the store manager and demanded the money back for the gift card. Those associates would have been history.

Old 09-28-2010, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCurlybelle View Post
I always write letters when I receive bad service. Always !! The company has a right to know, and it hurts profits by having people like that ... The first thing I notice when out at the stores communicating with a sales person is the name. When communicating by telephone, I ask, "May I have your name before we begin"?.

You need to write good letter if you receive good service as well. It makes a difference when us service people know we done something good.

Old 10-01-2010, 10:32 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,528,095 times
My worst is Burger King. I haven't been to a Burger King with good customer service since 1990. Is Burger King run by gangsta wannabes cause all the Burger Kings I've been in within the past 10 to 15 years have had employees with gang tats and gang attitudes to match. The food at these places taste as good as their customer service. I tried to report what I found to the district and national offices regularly but nothing ever happened so I forever gave up going to any Burger King anywhere. When last I tried to report a problem, they had changed their website so the only way to contact them was through snail mail,...no webform nor email contact nor toll free number. Guess they got tired of reading or listening to all the reports of their customer service problems and choose to ignore them. Here's the strange part,...I've been to the McDonalds, Taco Bell, and Subway on the worst side of town and gotten acceptable service. I've gotten horrible service from all the Burger Kings at even the best side of town. Wouldn't be surprised if they were dealing drugs from the drive thru.

Old 10-01-2010, 10:34 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,528,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
You need to write good letter if you receive good service as well. It makes a difference when us service people know we done something good.
I do this especially with restaurants. Customers always complain about bad food but rarely compliment good food. I want them to keep good food good and not make changes. Sometimes they don't listen. Cafeteria at work made a fantastic pepper steak. Never saw it on the menu again even though my wife and I complimented them on the dish.

Old 10-02-2010, 01:52 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,190,154 times
--worst customer service--

I went to a farm supply place ( years back) to buy a small air compressor that was listed in the paper on sale.

I brought it to check out, discovered it was not on sale. ( a model looking nearly identical was) The sales clerk called to find out if any sale models were available.

A manager, about 50, came and told me I should continue checking out and he would take the wrong one back and put the correct one in my pickup.

I glanced before leaving...yup..air compressor was put there

Drove home 30 miles......discovered there was no pulley on it.
Drove 30 miles back and wheeled it back in.

I think the manager was embarassed so he turned it around by stating how stupid I was to pick out that brand and not notice the pulley missing.
I did not pick it out. They put it in my truck !

After some choice words, he headed to the back of the store as the correct one with a pully got wheeled to check out.

While loading it, I heard some laughter from the loading area.

Yup, the manager was telling more of the employees how stupid I was for picking out and buying an air compressor with the pulley missing.

Again, I asked him what was so funny and told the workers what a jerk their boss was and how stupid he was for srelecting it and ordering it to be put in the back of my truck and not noticing the pulley missing.

That is the closest I have come to slugging a store employee !

Old 10-02-2010, 02:52 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Oh, worst service received. I thought this would be a thread about the worst customer you've ever had to deal with.

Because, you know, it does go both ways. Even if they say that the customer is always right, the customer can be wrong.

Old 10-02-2010, 07:38 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I sent 2 e-mails to LOFT and The Gap corporate to compliment them on their attentive service at the mall the other day.

To be honest I was complimenting them for doing what all retail people should be doing but these days it's pretty unusual to find that. So it's worth commenting on!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products