Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 07:33 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,007,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Yes, but I've reported the problem to Amazon many times and asked that they use FedEx or UPS. I even offered to pay a nominal fee for either those two services. Amazon refuses to do so, so I contend that it *is* Amazon's fault.
Have you reported the problem to USPS? I would probably try complaining to them, rather than Amazon. Amazon is going to use whoever gives them the best price on shipping. Since it seems to be USPS they're not going to change that because a small number of customers are having issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2016, 08:31 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,414,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Have you reported the problem to USPS? I would probably try complaining to them, rather than Amazon. Amazon is going to use whoever gives them the best price on shipping. Since it seems to be USPS they're not going to change that because a small number of customers are having issues.

Yes, I've reported the problem to both my local post office and to USPS. No one cares. But, now that I know to request compensation from Amazon, Amazon may re-consider its exclusive use of USPS for all my shipping. I'll need to be careful, though, because I've read that Amazon has refused to fill the orders of some people who have supposedly requested too many returns or refunds. I place at least 30 orders per month from Amazon, so that would be a lot of compensation.

Old 03-21-2016, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
Except when you read the fine print, "guaranteed delivery date" means nothing. The only date that matters as far as 2-day Prime shipping is the date the order leaves their facility with the delivery carrier. Everything else they say, post on the website, send you via email or use for marketing is still based on the fine print that 2 day shipping is 2 days from when the carrier picks it up and takes possession of it.

I have had great success with Amazon in credits and refunds based on a delivery delay beyond the two days by the carrier, but, absolutely nothing if the delay is occurring before actual shipment. They just refer you back tot he agreement and terms & conditions that tells you 2-day Prime shipping is from the day it leaves their hands.
Here is what Amazon says about 2 day shipping when an item has a guaranteed delivery date:
Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery is available on products that have a "Want it delivered . . ." message that displays a delivery date and shipping option on the detail page. This date is the soonest we could deliver it to you if ordered within the time displayed. If your order meets the qualifications for Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery, we will refund the shipping costs if we miss our delivery promise.
Guaranteed Delivery Fine Print

The following requirements must be met to qualify for Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery:
  • Shipping method selected is shipping option advertised on a product detail page.
  • Order is shipping to Eligible Address.
  • Order is placed before deadline listed on product detail page.
  • Shipping preference "Ship my items as they become available" is selected if your order contains other items that aren't eligible for Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery.
  • Your credit or debit card must be successfully charged before the deadline displayed on the product detail page.
  • An attempted delivery on or before the guaranteed delivery date meets our delivery guarantee.
  • An offer by the carrier of a delivery appointment on or before the guaranteed delivery date meets our delivery guarantee.
Note: If you received free shipping through Amazon Prime, you may be eligible for a free one-month extension when the promised delivery date isn't met. Prime Extensions are limited to one per free trial and 12 for an annual membership. Free Amazon Student Memberships do not qualify for this extension.

And yes, it does also say elsewhere that if an item is out of stock or unavailable it will take longer, but those are not items with a guaranteed delivery date:
FREE Two-Day Shipping through Amazon Prime If the item you're ordering is out of stock or unavailable to ship immediately, you may not receive the item in two business days. Selecting One-Day or Two-Day shipping will reduce the transit time to one or two business days after we've shipped your order, but it won't impact how long it takes us to obtain the item or prepare it for shipment. The shipping method time starts when the item ships. For example, it will take up to two business days after an item ships to reach you with Two-Day Shipping.

Old 03-21-2016, 11:38 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,122,289 times
Quote:
Except when you read the fine print, "guaranteed delivery date" means nothing. The only date that matters as far as 2-day Prime shipping is the date the order leaves their facility with the delivery carrier. Everything else they say, post on the website, send you via email or use for marketing is still based on the fine print that 2 day shipping is 2 days from when the carrier picks it up and takes possession of it.

I have had great success with Amazon in credits and refunds based on a delivery delay beyond the two days by the carrier, but, absolutely nothing if the delay is occurring before actual shipment. They just refer you back tot he agreement and terms & conditions that tells you 2-day Prime shipping is from the day it leaves their hands.
It might mean nothing to you but it means a lot to Amazon and they take it seriously. 99% of the time they deliver within their guaranteed timeframe. Anytime they've missed, they take the effort to make it right.

Old 03-21-2016, 11:54 PM

61,632 posts, read 86,981,866 times
Not an Amazon Prime, but order placed recently arrived at destination on Saturday morning, but will be delivered following Thursday. That seems to be pretty long time to just sit in a distribution center...
Yes, that's within their guaranteed timeframe, but I just wonder why they hold it there till the last day.

Old 03-22-2016, 12:07 AM

13,131 posts, read 20,963,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
It might mean nothing to you but it means a lot to Amazon and they take it seriously. 99% of the time they deliver within their guaranteed timeframe. Anytime they've missed, they take the effort to make it right.
We are starting to talk two different things; Amazon Prime Shipping is not the same as Amazon Guarantee Accelerated Delivery. You can add the GAD to your Prime order (if eligible) but it is no longer Prime 2 day delivery which is what the OP was talking about. Under the Prime rules, it's 2 days from the time it's given to the carrier. Under the GAD, its that programs rules but it has nothing to do with Prime rules anymore. So, if you pick a item with GAD but you select (decline GAD) the regular Prime delivery, the GAD guarantee no longer applies.

Old 03-22-2016, 10:45 AM

Quote:
We are starting to talk two different things; Amazon Prime Shipping is not the same as Amazon Guarantee Accelerated Delivery. You can add the GAD to your Prime order (if eligible) but it is no longer Prime 2 day delivery which is what the OP was talking about. Under the Prime rules, it's 2 days from the time it's given to the carrier. Under the GAD, its that programs rules but it has nothing to do with Prime rules anymore. So, if you pick a item with GAD but you select (decline GAD) the regular Prime delivery, the GAD guarantee no longer applies.
I've never seen the option to deselect the GAD (Which it the wording on a product page that says "Want it by Thursday? Order in the next 12 hours and 22 minutes and select two-day shipping). Prime shipping is two day shipping (unless otherwise specified on the item page or during checkout), which is what the GAD is advertising. Although sometimes it does have the day as guaranteed one day delivery time.

Old 03-24-2016, 03:20 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,727,979 times
I do a large amount of business using Amazon Prime and I don't see the delivery latenesses to be caused by them. Nearly every late delivery I've had has been the fault of Fedex. Every single one of my late deliveries has been that the items sat in a Fedex distribution center. Amazon has either partially refunded or fully refunded numerous orders due to the failures of Fedex and I got to keep the product.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products