Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 04:40 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,042,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
Honestly, the thread responses are beginning to completely overshadow the original post. Perhaps the cashier was rude, perhaps not. Perhaps the response by the OP was rude, perhaps in some ways it was deserved. Perhaps the relating the story wasn't cooth. After the third page, it is beginning to look more like a hate orgy than constructive criticism. Isn't the pile of stones over in the politics and controversy forums?
So true that forums can end up being open season to pounce on posters.

As far as the OPs issue with the cashier; most times the best approach is to contact the store manager and relay what happened. Hopefully the manager will talk with the employee about effective customer service skills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2016, 07:51 AM

6,686 posts, read 5,917,714 times
Quote:
Honestly, the thread responses are beginning to completely overshadow the original post. Perhaps the cashier was rude, perhaps not. Perhaps the response by the OP was rude, perhaps in some ways it was deserved. Perhaps the relating the story wasn't cooth. After the third page, it is beginning to look more like a hate orgy than constructive criticism. Isn't the pile of stones over in the politics and controversy forums?
I agree -- at a certain point, the meanness and rudeness of the participants resembles that of a lynch mob. I'm unsubbing; there is no further wisdom or information to be gleaned from such a pointless hatefest.

Old 04-25-2016, 08:33 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,826,683 times
Quote:
That's one way to look at it. Another way is to consider it a wakeup call that may bring the OP back to reality. Surely nobody looks to cut off threads after three pages of positive reinforcement. We're all adults here and if a topic begins with unrealistic expectations of support the road back to reality can be a road well traveled.

Old 04-25-2016, 09:00 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,089,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NXTMD View Post
What made you think i was rude, clearly she was rude from get go. I have never had anyone looking into my eye like that in my life. But this random cashier had audacity to do it. When i used to work in customer service i had all kinds of people, I never cuss at them, raised my voice or gave eyes while interacting with them.Because i am there to work and i need to be at my best behavior regardless of my position but this dumb b**ch can't get that. May be i am taking out of proportion.. Anyways this is not first time something like that happen and wont be last.
See what you did there?

Old 04-25-2016, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post

As far as the OPs issue with the cashier; most times the best approach is to contact the store manager and relay what happened. Hopefully the manager will talk with the employee about effective customer service skills.
Contact the store manager and relay what happened? Nothing happened. What would you report to the store manager? That a cashier made eye contact with you and laughed at a joke your friend made?

Reminds me of an incident when I was working as a cashier at Whole Foods Market. A customer complained to my manager that I was rude--for NO REASON. My fellow cashiers who were working next to me totally agreed that the customer was simply being a jerk. He "didn't care for" my tone.

My question to the OP is this:

How long ago did you work as a cashier, and for how long?

Old 04-25-2016, 09:35 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,901,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post

When the same thing happens to you over and over again in different situations, it is usually your fault. When you try to blame others for your actions, and post about it on a forum, you should not be surprised when you get called out on your BS.

Three clues give away the fact that the OP is the problem.
1- She calls the cashier a dumb b**tch in her post.
2- This has happened to her before.
3- Her friend was the one who made the joke, yet she got mad at the cashier for laughing at the joke.

The OP definitely has issues.

Old 04-25-2016, 10:27 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,262,374 times
Quote:
What made you think i was rude, clearly she was rude from get go. I have never had anyone looking into my eye like that in my life. But this random cashier had audacity to do it. When i used to work in customer service i had all kinds of people, I never cuss at them, raised my voice or gave eyes while interacting with them.Because i am there to work and i need to be at my best behavior regardless of my position but this dumb b**ch can't get that. May be i am taking out of proportion.. Anyways this is not first time something like that happen and wont be last.
Not the first time something like that happened? Maybe the problem is with you? Don't believe I've ever had anything like that happen to me.

Old 04-25-2016, 10:29 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,262,374 times
Quote:
Okay people, thanks for attacking me by saying that i wanted to brag about this and what not.

That was not point of this post. I have never experienced such a behavior in life, thought it was out of

usual and wanted to see how would people feel about it.I am sure it's not big deal as i am making it.

But damn that cashier haha
Um, but a page ago you said this was not the first time this has happened.

Old 04-25-2016, 11:18 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,782,975 times
Why do we let rectums turn us into rectums and justify it by saying that it's okay because they started it? Do two two wrongs make a right?

I think I would have gone to the manager and complained. You may have gotten a voucher for some groceries.

Old 04-25-2016, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Why do we let rectums turn us into rectums and justify it by saying that it's okay because they started it? Do two two wrongs make a right?

I think I would have gone to the manager and complained. You may have gotten a voucher for some groceries.
What would the complaint be? That a cashier made eye contact with you and laughed at a joke your friend made?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products