Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 11:49 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,042,968 times

Advertisements

OP: Best thing when posting a situation is to bypass the snarky replies and not add fuel to their fire, it's a no-win with posters who aren't interested in giving valid suggestions and/or support. Ignore them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2016, 12:38 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,880,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NXTMD View Post
What made you think i was rude, clearly she was rude from get go. I have never had anyone looking into my eye like that in my life. But this random cashier had audacity to do it. When i used to work in customer service i had all kinds of people, I never cuss at them, raised my voice or gave eyes while interacting with them.Because i am there to work and i need to be at my best behavior regardless of my position but this dumb b**ch can't get that. May be i am taking out of proportion.. Anyways this is not first time something like that happen and wont be last.
Is this a cultural thing this "having the audacity to look in my eye like that"?

I was a cashier once.

I knew better than to put an "s" on the word "anyway".

Old 04-25-2016, 01:31 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,246,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
What does this even mean? The cashier looked into your eye...So, she made eye contact with you?
this is symptomatic of millenials who grew up on social media. they lack basic social skills.. this happens alot during shopping and there are millenial cashiers and they refuse to look at you. they don't even say hello, or thank you. eye contact is therefore, a kind of shock and their brains are not wired to understand what to do with it. so they panic like a feral animal.

Old 04-25-2016, 01:43 PM

2,668 posts, read 2,230,880 times
Quote:
What made you think i was rude, clearly she was rude from get go. I have never had anyone looking into my eye like that in my life. But this random cashier had audacity to do it. When i used to work in customer service i had all kinds of people, I never cuss at them, raised my voice or gave eyes while interacting with them.Because i am there to work and i need to be at my best behavior regardless of my position but this dumb b**ch can't get that. May be i am taking out of proportion.. Anyways this is not first time something like that happen and wont be last.

I think the problem is that you don't express your source of irritation with the cashier very well. After reading your initial post, I'd like to take a stab at interpreting what you REALLY believe was the start of the problem. A source which pretty much everyone here didn't catch in your OP, because they wanted to jump on that "class warfare" bandwagon and start bashing you for being uppity to the poor little minimum wage cashier girl who gets abused by the bourgeois all day long. yadda yadda.

1) The cashier accused you of breaking her card reader, in so many terms. But since she ALREADY KNEW it was broken, she just gave you this catty little "Be Gentle" remark to make you feel stupid. If she had a BRAIN, she would have helped you with it by maybe warning you or holding it for you. Instead of acting like "It ain't my job".

2) She laughed at your friend's joke to let you know she so agreed with your friend's opinion that you deserve to be disrespected... because you didn't magically know the card reader was broken.

3) And she was giving you nasty looks.

The cashier started the problem. What she should have said was "Sorry about that. The card reader is broken right now..." In other words, she could have warned you since that exact same thing probably happened 20 times before you got there that day.

Ignore all these fools who want to make you out to be some uppity snob because you picked on the poor little working girl cashier.

All that being said, what did you "Murmer" to your friend after she told you to "be gentle"???

Old 04-25-2016, 01:46 PM

23,576 posts, read 70,330,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ControlJohnsons View Post
this is symptomatic of millenials who grew up on social media. they lack basic social skills.. this happens alot during shopping and there are millenial cashiers and they refuse to look at you. they don't even say hello, or thank you. eye contact is therefore, a kind of shock and their brains are not wired to understand what to do with it. so they panic like a feral animal.
Just a FYI - Those of us who happen to be introverted and hyper-aware may also not look people in the eye, as it is distracting to thought and we note mini-cues that most people tune out, such as twitches and changes in pupil size. Those on the aspie scale may also not hold to social conventions. I'm well older than millenials and social media.

Old 04-25-2016, 01:51 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,089,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
I think the problem is that you don't express your source of irritation with the cashier very well. After reading your initial post, I'd like to take a stab at interpreting what you REALLY believe was the start of the problem. A source which pretty much everyone here didn't catch in your OP, because they wanted to jump on that "class warfare" bandwagon and start bashing you for being uppity to the poor little minimum wage cashier girl who gets abused by the bourgeois all day long. yadda yadda.

1) The cashier accused you of breaking her card reader, in so many terms. But since she ALREADY KNEW it was broken, she just gave you this catty little "Be Gentle" remark to make you feel stupid.

2) She laughed at your friend's joke to let you know she was still peeved at you for breaking her card reader.

3) And she was giving you nasty looks.

The cashier started the problem. What she should have said was "Sorry about that. The card reader is broken right now..." In other words, she could have warned you since that exact same thing probably happened 20 times before you got there that day.

Ignore all these fools who want to make you out to be some uppity snob because you picked on the poor little working girl cashier.

I guess they think that retail people aren't capable of acting in a civilized fashion... or maybe they have a right to be rude to the customers that keep them in a job. Typical mentality in today's world. A job is an entitlement, instead of a responsibility.
Yes, she should have spent her whole day saying:

"Sorry about that. The card reader is broken right now.""Sorry about that. The card reader is broken right now.""Sorry about that. The card reader is broken right now.""Sorry about that. The card reader is broken right now.""Sorry about that. The card reader is broken right now.""Sorry about that. The card reader is broken right now.""Sorry about that. The card reader is broken right now.""Sorry about that. The card reader is broken right now.""Sorry about that. The card reader is broken right now.""Sorry about that. The card reader is broken right now.""Sorry about that. The card reader is broken right now.""Sorry about that. The card reader is broken right now.""Sorry about that. The card reader is broken right now.""Sorry about that. The card reader is broken right now."

People need to have a little more compassion and not assume that everyone is out to get them.

Old 04-25-2016, 01:57 PM

9,815 posts, read 11,529,520 times
Way to check that cashier and show her who is boss

Old 04-25-2016, 02:34 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,610,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Well, I guess being rude to the cashier, and then bragging about it here, made you feel better. And that's all that matters.

To you.

^This!

And, to me, it sounded like your friend was mocking you for the event that took place with the credit card reader. The cashier was laughing at what your friend said - not laughing at YOU - and you got all upset over that?... She was trying to go about her work and you just had a melt down.

There are a lot more important things in life to get upset about other than 'your event'. Get over yourself and realize that a lot of this stuff just doesn't matter...

Old 04-25-2016, 02:40 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,837,540 times
Did you pick up a box of Wheaties?

Old 04-25-2016, 02:43 PM

16,715 posts, read 19,394,013 times
Quote:
While doing that my friend mocked me over something ( wont go in detail). The cashier heard it and started laughing. Neither me nor friend found anything funny to laugh about. But this batch wanted to **** me off, so i called out on her.
There's a toolbox somewhere that's missing a monkey wench.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products