Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 01:34 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXTMD View Post
What made you think i was rude, clearly she was rude from get go. I have never had anyone looking into my eye like that in my life. But this random cashier had audacity to do it. When i used to work in customer service i had all kinds of people, I never cuss at them, raised my voice or gave eyes while interacting with them.Because i am there to work and i need to be at my best behavior regardless of my position but this dumb b**ch can't get that. May be i am taking out of proportion.. Anyways this is not first time something like that happen and wont be last.

This cashier had the audacity to look into your eye? What the hell does that mean? Service personnel aren't supposed to make eye contact? Or [gasp!] interact with us?

Unbelievable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2016, 01:42 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,610,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NXTMD View Post
Went out to grab some stuff at supermarket. When i was ready to check out, the credit card machine was loose and hanging off its stand/holder. I went in to put my credit card chip and it fell off. Cashier started giving me eye and said be gentle. I am like okay but it was loose then i mumbled same thing to my friend.She kept giving me eye the entire time i am taking my grocery bag and putting in cart. Then it was my friend to do the checking out. While doing that my friend mocked me over something ( wont go in detail). The cashier heard it and started laughing. Neither me nor friend found anything funny to laugh about. But this batch wanted to **** me off, so i called out on her.. Had to give her some lecture that she deserved. Now for people who will come attacking me, let me tell you: i have worked as waiter, cashier in past so i know what it is like to deal with people. I wasn't even being b**chy until she started eyeing me and laughing. Some people i just don't get, if you
So you were rude to cashier? Wow....you're awesome! Feel like a superstar today? You sound crabby. Lighten up.

You went off on someone because your friend mocked you and they laughed? Maybe time to adjust those meds!

Old 04-26-2016, 01:47 PM

855 posts, read 623,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
This cashier had the audacity to look into your eye? What the hell does that mean? Service personnel aren't supposed to make eye contact? Or [gasp!] interact with us?
Just a hunch, but aren't there some cultures where a
female making direct eye-contact with a male is
considered a form of rebellion? If so, I wonder if
maybe the OP is still under the influence of that
mindset.

Not that it justifies indignation when it occurs here,
but that might explain the heartburn it's giving him.

(ETA: Please disregard this message if the OP is
a lady.)

-

Old 04-26-2016, 03:01 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,180,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
So you were rude to cashier? Wow....you're awesome! Feel like a superstar today? You sound crabby. Lighten up.

You went off on someone because your friend mocked you and they laughed? Maybe time to adjust those meds!
Or ditch that perceptive friend.

Old 04-26-2016, 03:06 PM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayjeena View Post
[i]

a lady.)
-
OP is definitely NOT a "lady"...

Old 04-26-2016, 03:07 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,049,061 times
I just wish they'd get off their phones while at work, period.

It shouldn't matter if no customers are in line either: find something do do like wipe the counter down or straighten up one of those 'impulse purchase' shelves that's near your station. Do your dang job! Just do something productive.

And then there are a few of them who have the nerve to roll their eyes at, (or sigh, or even groan), the customer as if I/we are somehow interrupting "their" phone time. Sorry, but it's not your time sweetheart. It's your employer's time.

Old 04-26-2016, 06:01 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayjeena View Post

Just a hunch, but aren't there some cultures where a
female making direct eye-contact with a male is
considered a form of rebellion? If so, I wonder if
maybe the OP is still under the influence of that
mindset.

Not that it justifies indignation when it occurs here,
but that might explain the heartburn it's giving him.

a lady.)

-
good hunch!!

some cultures do treat women like dogs...

Old 04-26-2016, 07:08 PM

19,832 posts, read 12,086,768 times
OP, if a cashier can get you so unhinged, you may want to rethink your career path. Most people do not want to go to a hostile dentist.

Old 04-26-2016, 07:35 PM

855 posts, read 623,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
OP is definitely NOT a "lady"...
Well, female, at least!

-

Old 04-26-2016, 09:33 PM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
If you ever want to lose all hope in humanity, get a job in retail. I work in a big box store and can tell you some customers really get off on treating people like crap just because they can and it makes them feel superior. Maybe they have small shallow little lives at home and go to a retail store just to get some steam out and attention. They know people that work retail can't defend themselves for fear of being fired.
A retail store or supermarket is the only place in the world these people can get away with being obnoxious and rude without fear of any repercussions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products