Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 08:29 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,433,883 times

Advertisements

LOL....I can believe all these funny stories....LOL.
Do some people really realize on HOW they act and WHAT they do?????
Some of their actions and demeanor can't possibly be considered "normal".....LOL.

Maybe I should add to my "to be continued" post, while I am at it.....

* a lady asking me "how heavy a pound is" ????? WHAT???? (Now, is THAT a trick question???? )
* people purchase a whole fish, but want to have the gills, fins etc. cleaned off, but end up throwing a fit, because the product is weighted and priced BEFORE the further processing takes place (Sure, lady, my company pays for that fish the way it comes in...)
If you purchase that product as whole, you can have done with it, whatever your little heart desires
* an older lady "Esther" grabbing my supervisors butt, while we was resetting our freezer cases! (His face beet red, and I gave him the "thumbs up" for that one.....LOL)
* walking into the store at 5 am, just to walk in on my boss, "making love" to his girlfriend (which also worked in our store) on our automatic wrapper.
(That happened years ago, when we were still allowed to SMOKE and have a beer in our meat rooms!!! )
* a lady switching price labels....but bringing the items back later on, because she didn't "want" them....(mis- picked??? )
* high end steaks disappearing out of our stores, but we were never able to catch the people doing it. Until.....local police officers (customers at our store) went to a bar, being approached by some guys, selling OUR steaks WITH OUR LABELS STILL ON, out of the trunk of their cars!!
* finding our OVC tylenol and other medication (stolen) for sale at the local flea market.
* people leave their store purchase (especially meat) in their cars....in the hot and sweltering FL heat....just to bring them back, to get a refund. (the word "duh" comes to mind....LOL )
* a guy coming in, arguing with me about a piece of meat they had, which was absolutely horrible.....but after calling his wife to find out WHAT piece of meat it was, he finds out, it was purchased at a competitors store.....Opppppssss...wrong store, wrong company and wrong person (me) he started screaming at
* people picking up items like cooked shrimp, fried chicken......eating it already in the store, and dumping the empty wrapper/ package.
* people picking up meat, but decide not to get the items after all....But, instead of handing it over to an associate, or bringing it back to the meat counter they dump it, or make it to a point to THROW the meat behind cans, on top shelves. (Even though, the shelves are being straightened out, rotated......sometimes we have to follow the stench, and maggot trail......Yuck! )
* people lose their bowl movement, and leave a trail throughout the store......(thank god, I never had to clean up the mess, but feel bad for people which ended up having to do it......huh. )
* finding a dead body behind the store, discovered by a homeless guy, thinking at first it was a "doll"....(It WAS a decomposing lady, missing for 2 weeks during the midst of the summer)
* having a high ranking politician stop at our local store..... to EAT.....
With all that security personnel swarming about, I felt like I was in "Mission Impossible"........LOL.

Huh....I'd better go into the "to be continued" mode now.....LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2008, 09:37 AM

12 posts, read 46,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Isn't it a bloody shame how you have to HATE holidays when you work in retail? I forever dread Christmas now.
That is so true

Old 04-13-2014, 10:12 PM

3 posts, read 2,544 times
my worst story(of many so i'll be active on this thread) in working in retail which i still do and currently still do was two ladies who had tired to return a tv without a receipt(or something like that i can't remember after what happened later on) asked to speak to a manager (which happens) then my mother who was a csm in another department was walking by so i stopped her and asked her to explain that we couldn't she did so and had a asst. manager back us up on our claims then left to get back to her own dept. while we dealt with the ladies so after it was confirmed by TWO members of management that we couldn't return the tv the women in defeat started insulting my mother who i guess to them was the target of their anger proceeded to call my MOTHER!! who also was the only of my two parents to raise me they called her a DYKE!!!! now to be honest i tried to contain myself the women were obliviously angry they had to keep a tv they didn't want and was willing to let that one go BUT then no more then a second after i thought that they proceeded to call my mother a DYKE at least 3!! more times i can honestly say my blood boiled at that point as i had to announce who they were insulting was my mother had their not been a counter and my friend who thankfully she held me back and asked the women to leave i might have hurt them and i have alot more stories i'll try to remember to post all 100% true

Old 04-13-2014, 10:23 PM

i have another one from my fun adventures in electronics this is a general one to alot of people but we have these computers that allow customers to make copies of photos now these machines have been designed to be so user friendly that anyone with half a brain could figure them out now i understand when a elderly man or women who are in their 50's, 60's, and even 70's come to us and ask me or another worker to help them with their photos but when a man or women(mostly) in their 30's and 40's come in and make snide comments that they don't have to know how to use such technology that hasn't even been recently released but these customers flat out refuse to learn a thing about them i have let people go with maybe a couple photos or a cd leave without paying simply because to hold their hands through out the whole thing is too much of a hassle like they expect you to be the only one who they'll deal with and telling them that another worker can check them out also is an insult to them and then they leave with the cd or photo you just helped them make saying that you are a worthless person who can not do a thing

Old 04-13-2014, 10:34 PM

16,072 posts, read 21,148,356 times
Joaquin546
paragraphs
punctuation
capitalization
those will go a long way in actually getting your posts read. Most of us 'old folks,' and a lot of the younger ones too, tend to skip over walls of text

Old 04-13-2014, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
[URL="//www.city-data.com/forum/members/joaquin546-1709895.html"]Joaquin546[/URL]
paragraphs
punctuation
capitalization
those will go a long way in actually getting your posts read. Most of us 'old folks,' and a lot of the younger ones too, tend to skip over walls of text
im sorry I have never been good at grammar it really was the only subject in school I could never get behind and build up from

Old 04-14-2014, 07:42 AM

16,072 posts, read 21,148,356 times
S'ok, just put a little bit of space in there to break up your sentences so it's easier to read.

Old 04-14-2014, 08:01 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
I had a lady who badgered me the whole time I was wringing up her groceries. She literally would not shut her mouth, so I lost it on her and finally snapped "does it make you feel good to pick on me? Do you feel like a high-and-mighty person, is that it?" She gave me this weird look and walked away with some of her groceries.

After she was gone I realized she'd left two bags of clothes behind. I was thinking "eww, she's gonna be back!" So I waited until the end of my time on the register and she hadn't come back. Normally you're supposed to enter into the notebook what people leave behind at what register, and I didn't, just sent it all back to it's department.

I would've loved to be a fly on the wall when she came back, if she came back and wasn't tweaking or tripping or something and forgot the whole thing even happened. That was the one time with a nasty customer that I actually got justice for it.

I had a really big man hassling me because I was really hungry on the register once and was shaking. He was rudely and loudly accusing me of being on drugs and told me to stop slamming his cans around.

The first customer I ever had, I had to call a CSM and the lady was real rude about it. I almost quit that day because of it. There are many many more, but I won' t bore you all with that. I can count on one hand the trouble I actually had with male customers, most of them were women by a landslide. I don't know what their problem is.

Old 04-14-2014, 05:59 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joaquin546 View Post
my worst story(of many so i'll be active on this thread) in working in retail which i still do and currently still do was two ladies who had tired to return a tv without a receipt(or something like that i can't remember after what happened later on) asked to speak to a manager (which happens) then my mother who was a csm in another department was walking by so i stopped her and asked her to explain that we couldn't she did so and had a asst. manager back us up on our claims then left to get back to her own dept. while we dealt with the ladies so after it was confirmed by TWO members of management that we couldn't return the tv the women in defeat started insulting my mother who i guess to them was the target of their anger proceeded to call my MOTHER!! who also was the only of my two parents to raise me they called her a DYKE!!!! now to be honest i tried to contain myself the women were obliviously angry they had to keep a tv they didn't want and was willing to let that one go BUT then no more then a second after i thought that they proceeded to call my mother a DYKE at least 3!! more times i can honestly say my blood boiled at that point as i had to announce who they were insulting was my mother had their not been a counter and my friend who thankfully she held me back and asked the women to leave i might have hurt them and i have alot more stories i'll try to remember to post all 100% true
That sucks...

However if you're going to be posting lots of stories here may I politely suggest that you break them into paragraphs and use punctuation? Makes them easier to read. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products