Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 01:11 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times

Advertisements

Mine was for a VHS tape I have been wanting for months,the bids were tied $20 right when the auction ended (Before I could submit a higher price it ended)

I was very sad........ I have been wanting this first release for along time!!

What was your last dealing with ebay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2016, 07:01 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
I sold a used Coach bag and used the proceeds to buy a new designer Botkier bag. That way, I could feed my handbag addiction at no cost to me.

Old 06-16-2016, 07:04 AM

45,379 posts, read 60,575,206 times
The last one was a couple weeks ago for a Cross pen. I will admit to sniping the last 30 seconds (I really wanted that pen).

Old 06-16-2016, 04:06 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Actually won a auction around 9 minutes ago. Can't wait to see if I actually get my item that sells for $115 on Amazon that sold for $17.

Old 06-16-2016, 10:23 PM

5,581 posts, read 6,508,599 times
I did a "Buy it Now" for a clear wreath container about a month ago. Couldn't wait for it to arrive, my beautiful, delicate Easter/Fiesta wreath was needing to be put away. I expected a FedEx, UPS or USPS delivery to my door/porch, as it was too large for my small cubby style mail box. Was supposed to receive on Tuesday, by Thursday I checked the tracking link and saw it was delivered on Tuesday. NOT!

I sent a note via Contact Seller through ebay that I hadn't received it although it was showing I did. Mentioned I would check with my post office and let them know what I found out. I figured I'd have gotten a card stating my item was at the Post Office and to go pick it up.

Next day I get notice my payment has been refunded. No explanation. I called the P.O. (no easy task, the phone rings off the hook, so I let it until someone picked up. Took a couple times......) The gal checked and showed my mail carrier was off that day, then that it was delivered to a mail box on another street, she'll "call me back." I saw my mail carrier within minutes and told her about it. Never heard anything, so I called back, got the same person after awhile, and am having her look into it. ITM, I know what happened, the item I purchased was no longer available. Yet somebody showed it being delivered........Nope, I'm gonna let this one ride, let them look into it, and I know the outcome, I WILL NEVER hear from the P.O. about this matter again. I think I went into "File 13." But I did get positive feedback for this purchase, although I couldn't leave feedback for the seller.

Old 06-16-2016, 11:34 PM

I hear ya about "Not being able to wait till it arrived"!!!

Old 06-17-2016, 01:11 PM

3,401 posts, read 1,235,610 times
A CD box set back in February.

One of my worst eBay experiences of my almost 3 years of being on the site. The seller didn't ship my item for over A WEEK after I bought it. He then repeatedly messaged me asking for me to please give him positive feedback. I just ignored it and didn't leave feedback. It arrived exactly as shown, but I couldn't in good faith give him positive feedback for waiting that long.

I've made several Buy It Nows and Best Offers between then and now though. That was the last auction I participated in, I just don't bid in actual auctions that often on there.

Old 06-18-2016, 03:05 AM

Ya thats the problem with ebay,amazon.... THE PEOPLE USUALLY DO NOT SHIP IT RIGHT AWAY and then you end up having to wait longer than needed!!!!

PEOPLE ARE QUITE IGNORANT AND RUDE alot of times.... Once they get the $$$$ its thier obligation TO SEND THE ITEM OUT THAT DAY!! (Not wait until THEY WANT!!)

Old 06-18-2016, 06:06 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Ya thats the problem with ebay,amazon.... THE PEOPLE USUALLY DO NOT SHIP IT RIGHT AWAY and then you end up having to wait longer than needed!!!!

PEOPLE ARE QUITE IGNORANT AND RUDE alot of times.... Once they get the $$$$ its thier obligation TO SEND THE ITEM OUT THAT DAY!! (Not wait until THEY WANT!!)
What are you talking about? Ebay sellers ship out super fast; the same or the next day in most cases. I'm an occasional eBay seller, and I always ship out the next business day. The same goes for the people I buy from. They ship out faster than Amazon, especially since I'm not a Prime member.

As for the last auction I took part in, I bought a beautiful leather designer Botkier handbag for $75. It was a new bag, but because it had a pen mark on it, I got it for about 60% off the cost of good condition used ones! I searched online to find out how to get the pen mark out of it, cleaned it up, and now it's nearly invisible

Old 06-18-2016, 06:17 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
I have a love/hate relationship with Ebay. I have been selling and buying stuff on there for probably 12 years, and, in the early days, it was really great. However, Ebay has gotten greedy and the charges they impose take too big of a bite out of any money you make.

They have listing fees, fees to feature an item, a different rate if you do the auction vs buy it now, final value fees, Paypal fees , and even a shipping charge for something they have no involvement in whatsoever. They do not have anything to do with the shipping, it is just another way for them to make money.

Just a week or so ago, I sold a couple of car parts on Ebay, and the closing prices totaled about $250.00. By the time they took their cut, I ended up with about $ 200.00.

Ebay also protects the buyer 100% and does nothing to protect the seller. We can not even put in bad feedback if a buyer stiffs us. We sold my Sons boat on Ebay a year ago, and the guy came and looked at it, loved it, then never responded with the promised payment. When we called him, he said "My wife will not let me buy it !" We tried to warn other sellers that the guy was a flake, but Ebay would not let us put in negative feedback............however, buyers CAN put in negative feedback against a seller.

I wish someone would become a real competitor to Ebay, I would jump ship in a heartbeat.

Don
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products