Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2016, 09:04 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,931,790 times

Advertisements

Every city will be different re the clientele (neighborhood).

You can have 2-3 stores of the same chain in a large city....visit each one and observe the people there.

Each will show if the place is clean or messy based ujpon what and how the customers treat/touch the items for sale.

I was in the Grocery trade and had visited many stores and within 10 mins I could tell you what kind of people were in the nearby area based upon the stores condition.

Will not spell out the ethnicity I observed but the situations I saw were constant in all of the Cities that I worked in.

Same situation is with Walmart......visited four of their stores in one city and the clientele was obvious.....each different.

After 23 yrs saw it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2016, 10:24 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,234,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
This is one weird thread.
yes it is

Old 07-25-2016, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
As it is, I know very little about that movie (50 Shades) except for the silent scenes I saw somewhere such as the sailplane. Long story short, it was there, I have a Story of O complex, I snapped it up. Besides, a parting gift for a long time friend (Hastings).

wow

Old 07-25-2016, 10:29 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
wow
Which is the "wow"?

That I gave once more for the one before?

Or that I have a Story of O complex?

..............................such as gorgeous French Men in fantastic tailoring? (Pierre (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0310481/?ref_=tt_cl_t15 ) when he ran into O in the park)

Old 07-25-2016, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Which is the "wow"?

That I gave once more for the one before?

Or that I have a Story of O complex?

..............................such as gorgeous French Men in fantastic tailoring? (Pierre (Jean Gaven - IMDb ) when he ran into O in the park)
i guess just the whole thing tammy. i have no idea what you're talking about.

Old 07-25-2016, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
Sorry your relative would treat you so badly. I'm sure the FBI has bigger fish to fry (like terrorists and murderers, real counterfeiters who make hundreds of thousands of dollars) than your at-home use of Sex and the City. I can just imagine the agent that fields the call that somebody's cousin taped a tv show at mom's and is watching it in her living room. I'm sure he and the other agents would get a good laugh about that at the bar after work!
thanks for the laugh!

Old 07-25-2016, 10:48 PM

this whole thread has been fun to read. i mean, really...some entertainment right here!

Old 07-25-2016, 10:54 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
i guess just the whole thing tammy. i have no idea what you're talking about.
Tamara......the name is Tamara. I am not a tammy.

Old 07-26-2016, 12:34 AM

1,931 posts, read 2,171,303 times
Quote:
WELL, first of all, the wally world reference is a line out of a Gretchen Wilson song, "Redneck Woman".

Ie, "......Victoria's Secret
Well their stuff's real nice
Oh but I can buy the same damn thing on a WalMart shelf half price......."

Secondly, the ethics issue is just that I copied 12 episodes (and who knows how many other episodes) of my Mom's HBO at the time, so to play it safe, I bought a proper consumer copy of the entire series. Overseas versions means Region 2 or otherwise. I have the machines to play that and I find it is often cheaper to buy those.

As far as "pretty little head", well, HEY, that's just me.

Let's talk about cans of salmon and cans of tuna at the Dollar Store. At the Dollar Store, everything is a buck. A can of salmon at HEB, not giving anything to the brand, runs about $1.08 or better. The same weight of a can at the Dollar Store, never mind the brand, is a buck. Since I use my salmon generally generic, it's a better buy at the Dollar Store. A can of tuna, though, runs $.85 at HEB, max, so it is a better buy there.

These are little bits of data I carry around in my "pretty little head". I don't have to look it up on the Net, for I know it. This is how I shop, running figures in my head.

Today, I was shopping at a Hastings (they are dead, to be dust by October 31, doncha know?) and while I was picking up DVDs, I was running a tally of how much I was going to spend. Base amount plus the new amount which was 70% of the price advertised. Rinse and repeat and carry on.

Now, thinking on one's feet is a subsection in this thread, but it still applies. How I spend money is often based on running calculations based on what I know. I don't refer to a smartphone when I am out on the street but rather to what I know.

Do people still do this or are we facing a world where people let something else think for them?
You are eating some cheap canned salmon. The fish that isn't desirable more than likely.

Old 07-26-2016, 12:36 AM

1,931 posts, read 2,171,303 times
Quote:
WELL, first of all, the wally world reference is a line out of a Gretchen Wilson song, "Redneck Woman".

Ie, "......Victoria's Secret
Well their stuff's real nice
Oh but I can buy the same damn thing on a WalMart shelf half price......."

Secondly, the ethics issue is just that I copied 12 episodes (and who knows how many other episodes) of my Mom's HBO at the time, so to play it safe, I bought a proper consumer copy of the entire series. Overseas versions means Region 2 or otherwise. I have the machines to play that and I find it is often cheaper to buy those.

As far as "pretty little head", well, HEY, that's just me.

Let's talk about cans of salmon and cans of tuna at the Dollar Store. At the Dollar Store, everything is a buck. A can of salmon at HEB, not giving anything to the brand, runs about $1.08 or better. The same weight of a can at the Dollar Store, never mind the brand, is a buck. Since I use my salmon generally generic, it's a better buy at the Dollar Store. A can of tuna, though, runs $.85 at HEB, max, so it is a better buy there.

These are little bits of data I carry around in my "pretty little head". I don't have to look it up on the Net, for I know it. This is how I shop, running figures in my head.

Today, I was shopping at a Hastings (they are dead, to be dust by October 31, doncha know?) and while I was picking up DVDs, I was running a tally of how much I was going to spend. Base amount plus the new amount which was 70% of the price advertised. Rinse and repeat and carry on.

Now, thinking on one's feet is a subsection in this thread, but it still applies. How I spend money is often based on running calculations based on what I know. I don't refer to a smartphone when I am out on the street but rather to what I know.

Do people still do this or are we facing a world where people let something else think for them?
Whether you get your information from a smartphone's internet connection or from your own time spent shopping in the store, you are still gaining knowledge. Nothing wrong with using a smart phone. I use it all the time while shopping. Why? I can be at multiple stores at once.

You are eating some cheap canned salmon. The fish that isn't desirable more than likely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products