Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 01:05 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,258,795 times

Advertisements

In my opinion, I don't find any significant upgrade between the 6 and the new 7. In fact, I think there are more drawbacks. Not having the headphone jack is a deal breaker for me. My phone works perfectly well.

The water resistance I've read is somewhat marginal in my opinion. It's not designed to be complete submerged for a long period of time from what I've read but I could be wrong about this so please read this.

I'm not going to update my operating system. There is an unfounded rumor that Apple deliberately upgrades their operating systems to make old phones obsolete. I think this is probably not the case. However, personally I've had success with old phone when I didn't upgrade to the latest OS whereas my friends did have trouble with their phones when they upgraded to the latest OS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2016, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Your sister will need to get over it if she ever wants a new generation iPhone. The aux jack is not coming back.

Many phone options available if she wants to jump to Android.
We will see! When enough people don't buy the 7 due to the lack of an aux jack, don't be surprised if the iphone 7s suddenly has an aux jack. I think you fail to understand the outcry over this. This is not merely a nuisance of getting a new lightning cable; that upset people but this is far worse.

Old 09-11-2016, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
LOL! That "dumb move" will be coming to a phone near you.
It is the future of phones.
And will cause people to wait another 2 years for the 8 knowing their existing phone with it's head phone jack can last another 2 years. Losing that much market share is a wise move in your opinion?

Furthermore, you can read all of the reports you want but don't assume Samsung won't see the outrage over this and deliberately maintain a phone jack to entice Apple users to switch. In fact, don't be surprised if Samsung bases their marketing strategy on this.

Old 09-11-2016, 10:54 PM

3 posts, read 5,349 times
Before buy iphone 7, businessman should make sure it can integrate with your PRM software.

Old 09-12-2016, 08:03 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,604,980 times
Skip iPhone 7, it's not the real upgrade to 6th gen. It's still using the same design overall. The real next gen will be next year.

Even on Android, I rarely use the headphone jack. I think Apple's excuse is poor saying they need courage to do so without justification.

+ Water proof
+ faster cpu
+ more storage

- water protection not covered by warranty
- screen resolution still at 2013 Smartphones
- Storage price tiers too expensive, from 32GB to 128, to 256GB price gap too great
- For lack of headphone jack, battery size needs to be 30% larger

Old 09-12-2016, 09:14 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,819,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuzzant View Post
I would guess that this is true, but it would be easier to do away with the jack. It also allows for something else in its place, slightly larger battery, or some other feature.
Yes but the trade off is it will need bluetooth to work which in turn uses even more battery life. Win some, you lose some.

Old 09-13-2016, 02:09 AM

5,511 posts, read 4,458,197 times
Also this year around, the Plus model is an extra $120, not $100. Eh... it's fine for now, but I can see either the iPhone 7s vs. iPhone 7s+ price difference going up. Before you know it, the plus model can be up to an extra $200.

Old 09-13-2016, 09:38 AM

46,889 posts, read 25,860,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
Android will be doing that soon. The old headphone jack is being phased out.
"Android" does not make phones. It's an operating system.

Old 09-14-2016, 02:36 AM

39 posts, read 24,307 times
Now I'm still using iPhone 5C bought years ago, so have pre-ordered iPhone 7

Old 09-14-2016, 05:46 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,912,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
Android will be doing that soon. The old headphone jack is being phased out.
What makes you think that? The fact Apple removed it? The fact that one or two companies removes a feature from their product doesn't make it a trend, and that's especially true if there is a lot of customer opposition to that decision. There is little evidence that the headphone jack is going away and if the iPhone 7 sells poorly, that will discourage other smartphone companies from removing it. Customers vote with their wallets, and companies need to heed what they tell them loud and clear through their purchases or lack thereof.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products