Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 06:45 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times

Advertisements

I'm placing an order for a $100 item and the 2 day Prime shipping from today (Wed. evening) is for MONDAY - that's 5 days...yes, over a weekend but STILL.

It's one thing to occasionally miss an actual 2 day delivery date but how can you call 5 days 2 days?

What's everyone else been seeing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2016, 08:36 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
I'm placing an order for a $100 item and the 2 day Prime shipping from today (Wed. evening) is for MONDAY - that's 5 days...yes, over a weekend but STILL.

It's one thing to occasionally miss an actual 2 day delivery date but how can you call 5 days 2 days?

Sometimes items are out of stock, or they need more time to ship. It will always state the items expected arrival on the items description page.

Or do you have your account set up for no weekend deliveries? An item purchased Wednesday night is not going to ship Wednesday night, it would ship tomorrow if it was in stock. So two day shipping would have it arriving Saturday. But if you have opted out of weekend deliveries, or who ever is delivering doesn't do weekend deliveries in your area, then it would come Monday, the next business day.

Old 10-13-2016, 02:41 AM

16,072 posts, read 21,148,356 times
"If available, Saturday or Sunday delivery will be specified on the product page and/or during checkout. Otherwise, our shipping methods apply to business days only, not weekends or holidays."
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=201118070

Old 10-28-2016, 10:56 AM

1,545 posts, read 1,193,896 times
I have had this experience repeatedly with Amazon Prime. And no, it does not say on the item description page that it will take longer than the 2-Day Prime shipping. I don't find this out until AFTER I place the order. Sometimes, I am able to cancel the order right away, but other times, I don't get notified that it will be longer shipping until it's too late to cancel it. This is particularly aggravating. And I'm not talking about shipping that involves the weekend.

I've had to speak with Amazon customer service over and over about items that take way longer than the advertised 2 day shipping. Nearly always, they admit their fault and have done various things to compensate. But it's always a battle that I am less and less willing to fight with them. Not sure if I will renew the membership next year, because what used to be reliable 2-day Prime shipping, is no more.

I will add though that the majority of items I order with my Prime membership do arrive within 2 days. Even on the weekend.

Old 10-28-2016, 11:04 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post

It's happened a couple times, where its told me it would take 4-5 days over a weekend, but our local USPS is contracted out to deliver all day Saturday and Sunday, so I still get the packages at the right time.

Did yours not come within 2 days despite the extra days warning?

Old 10-28-2016, 12:00 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
If the warehouses local to you don't have the product you are ordering and it has to come from the other side of the country, it's something out of their control. Amazon lists extra days, some other companies treat it as a "out of stock". Maybe you would prefer Amazon to list it as a "out of stock" instead?

Usually it'll list the following popup balloon:
Quote:
This item will be shipped by ground transportation and may take up to 5 business days to be delivered.

Old 10-29-2016, 05:03 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,532,629 times
You missed the Wednesday shipping since you ordered late and it will be shipped two days on Thursday. Two days from Thursday is Monday if you go by business days. Amazon never guarantees Saturday or Sunday delivery.

Old 11-02-2016, 04:23 PM

2,218 posts, read 4,371,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BijouBaby View Post
I have had this experience repeatedly with Amazon Prime. And no, it does not say on the item description page that it will take longer than the 2-Day Prime shipping. I don't find this out until AFTER I place the order.
I have never found this to be the case. On the product page it always says, for example, "Want it Monday, Nov. 7? Order within 20 hrs 33 mins and choose Two-Day Shipping at checkout." So, clearly that isn't two day shipping (today is Wednesday ... okay yes it technically is two non-business day after-the-cutoff shipping), but at least they are telling me before I add the item to my cart. And yes this is an item that is marked as Prime eligible.

Last edited by billl; 11-02-2016 at 04:24 PM.. Reason: clarify

Old 11-02-2016, 09:58 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,260,624 times
I have definitely seen a "loose" definition of TWO-DAY shipping in recent months. It happens mostly when I order on a Thursday or Friday. I can have four items in the same order, all Prime, and the delivery dates vary from Saturday to Wednesday.

I do get that info right before I check out, not after. So if it's important, I'll just back out of the order process, return to the cart, delete the item that's going to take too long, and either try for another vendor or just go order from somewhere else.

I think it's false advertising if it's not disclosed when you place the item in the cart. But Amazon is big, and I'm already saving a ton on shipping compared to ordering from some other source. So I put up with it.

But really, the way to get their attention on this is to remove any item that doesn't fit your expectation of "two days" for delivery. They'll keep on stretching the delivery window until it costs them business.

Old 11-03-2016, 11:17 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocopsonite View Post
I think it's false advertising if it's not disclosed when you place the item in the cart. But Amazon is big, and I'm already saving a ton on shipping compared to ordering from some other source. So I put up with it.
It is not false advertising when it says right on the product description page. It'll say something like:

Want it Monday, Nov. 7? Order within 25 mins and choose Two-Day Shipping at checkout.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products