Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 03:59 PM

5,866 posts, read 11,924,669 times

Advertisements

We had a Masterbuit and 3 years into it, it quit working. We watched all the you tube videos on how to fix it, but after disassembling it, turns out it was the electronic control box - about $70 to replace. After checking out a consumer website, it seems many people had the same issue and we were lucky to get 3 years out of it. I would not recommend the Masterbuit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2017, 04:01 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,872,184 times
I bought mine (masterbuilt, 30") at Academy for $150 and it came with the stand, cover, remote and heat-proof gloves. I think it was on clearance though, I bought it in January.

Old 03-19-2017, 05:58 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
We got our Masterbuilt from Amazon; have had it about 2 years now and absolutely love it. I hope nothing goes wrong with it. They are rated very high. It has the stand, the cover, of course a temp control. When spoiled brat can use it and have the food turn out great, it is a good product. We paid about $150 to $175 for it. the only complaint I might have is: it is a little small. We have smoked 2 chickens in it a couple of times, but they claim you could cook 2 turkeys, if they were small. They would have to be really small.

OP; Like you, we use our Weber for grilling and love it as well. Grilling it has to be charcoal: smoking, electric. That is what spoiled brat says anyway

Old 03-19-2017, 08:20 AM

5,866 posts, read 11,924,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
We got our Masterbuilt from Amazon; have had it about 2 years now and absolutely love it. I hope nothing goes wrong with it. They are rated very high. It has the stand, the cover, of course a temp control. When spoiled brat can use it and have the food turn out great, it is a good product. We paid about $150 to $175 for it. the only complaint I might have is: it is a little small. We have smoked 2 chickens in it a couple of times, but they claim you could cook 2 turkeys, if they were small. They would have to be really small.

OP; Like you, we use our Weber for grilling and love it as well. Grilling it has to be charcoal: smoking, electric. That is what spoiled brat says anyway
I loved mine too. I guess part of my bitterness was that it quit working when I was ready to smoke my Thanksgiving turkey. I had to make some quick last minute plans. It made the most awesome briskets too, I got lots of compliments! I hope you get more life out of yours than I did.

Old 03-19-2017, 12:45 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlady View Post
I loved mine too. I guess part of my bitterness was that it quit working when I was ready to smoke my Thanksgiving turkey. I had to make some quick last minute plans. It made the most awesome briskets too, I got lots of compliments! I hope you get more life out of yours than I did.
well I do also. The last time, until today we used or tried was about a month ago and it didn't heat up. I was sure it had quit on us and here I had an 8 lb pork shoulder that needed smoking It turned out to be our circuit breaker, thank goodness

Old 09-16-2020, 05:10 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
My lady got me a traeger pellet smoker

I love it ... smoked salmon is one of our favs

I’ve smoked. Ribs. Pork butts.. steaks
Chicken.

Love it so far!!
We’ve watched many YouTube videos of how the smokers
Use the grill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products