Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 09:19 AM

6 posts, read 2,809 times

Advertisements

Braun is life
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2017, 01:17 PM

3,493 posts, read 3,204,853 times
I've owned a Norelco (rectangular, gold foil head) for 20 years, finally dulled out. I had to throw it away. That shaver cut whiskers down to smooth skin, for 20 years! . Best electric shaver ever. However...on Amazon, recently, the current version of that shaver got bad reviews. So, like you, I'm looking for a good electric shaver too. I'm not interested in the "shadow" look.

Old 05-30-2017, 03:56 PM

5,182 posts, read 5,253,359 times
I've had good performance from Braun too but think that Remington Hyper series Smartedge XF is just as good and cheaper. And like the Braun, just run it under the sink for cleaning.

Never liked Norelco.

Old 05-30-2017, 04:27 PM

853 posts, read 648,644 times
Wow, I didn't realize this topic exists. I have a problem guys since several years ago but I did not pay much attention, maybe this topic can help me to a more comfortable and convincing shaving.

Everyday I shave because I have a lot of hair, but my beard is gross so in order to get a decent result I spend much time shaving, pushing the electric shaver against my skin and forcing the head of the electric shaver until I destroy it after a year using it. As I previously said, I have been doing that several years ago. Is there any electric shaver for gross beards? Has anyone invented that?

Can't wait for the reply.

Old 05-30-2017, 04:38 PM

61,728 posts, read 87,147,355 times
How gross is your beard?

Old 06-03-2017, 09:19 AM

11,370 posts, read 9,286,148 times
It seems to me that many who give up on electric shaving are not doing it correctly.

Putting lotion on and just using is a bad idea. Wait a minute or two to let it dry. Then when shaving hold the skin down, or make motions with your face to make it more flat. I use Mennen Afta Pre-Shave lotion which is not easy to find but some stores (Wegmans for one) do carry it. Way less messy too.

Been using Norelco triple headers my whole adult life. Blades must be changed every 6 months or so. They last a long time. I think this is my 3rd or 4th one and I've had it for about 10 years.

I bought a Remington once about 35 years ago and I took it back. Maybe it was the model, I don't remember.

Never tried Braun.

Old 10-13-2018, 02:24 AM

6 posts, read 5,441 times
I think you are supposed to replace the blades every 2 years. I haven't bothered replacing mine yet, it was crap from the first time.

I should probably try a foil-type shaver next https://www.mistershaver.com/top-5-b...ctric-shavers/ I think different skin/hair types respond better to different shaver types.

The big problem with mine is that it doesn't catch the hair on my neck (perhaps because the hair grows parallel to the skin), so I end up having to go over it several times. By the time I'm done, my neck is covered in blood and too sensitive to touch, and it stays like that for at least 24 hours. I really wouldn't recommend the experience to anyone.

If I had to judge the razor based on the way it works on my face, I would have no problem recommending it. It provides a very close shave (not perfect though). It's quick and easy and there is no discomfort at all. It's just a pity that on my neck it's completely different.

Old 10-13-2018, 06:54 AM

2,269 posts, read 1,640,301 times
Aa
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11jay11 View Post
My 3 disc Norelco doesn't come close to a good shave.

Any idea ??
I had Norelco rotary shavers for a while. They would chew up my neck for some reason...I just thought that was normal for electrics. I switched over to a Braun just to try a different design...world of difference for me, much more comfortable.

Old 10-18-2018, 07:27 AM

5,182 posts, read 5,253,359 times
Remington XT8700. Change head every three yrs. Washable. Close shave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products