Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 10:57 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,203,308 times

Advertisements

I just want to say - a bunch of bad words right now - targeted toward Amazon and its stupid prime member only exclusive products.
My shopping cart is full of things I can't buy because I'm not prime.

Virtual shopping taking to an extreme I guess. Forced savings. Thanks Amazon - for not letting me spend my hard earned money on your website.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2017, 11:23 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattyneighbor View Post
I just want to say - a bunch of bad words right now - targeted toward Amazon and its stupid prime member only exclusive products.

Virtual shopping taking to an extreme I guess. Forced savings. Thanks Amazon - for not letting me spend my hard earned money on your website.

I've never seen much that is only for prime members other than some games and cheap cell phones, what are the items that you can't buy?

Old 06-20-2017, 11:49 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,435,519 times
I was surprised to read the OP and googled it. Sure enough. Last year Amazon started restricting some movies and video games to Prime Members only -- and various internet sites suggest that Amazon may eventually restrict other merchandise too.

Here's an article from last year:
https://www.extremetech.com/internet...-prime-members

Old 06-20-2017, 11:52 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,512,273 times
I run into that regularly, too. Ironically, I do surveys online for some extra money. I actually got one today about Amazon and some new business ideas they're thinking about. I can't share them, but this survey actually gave me the opportunity to use my own words to explain my ratings on things throughout the survey - and i can tell you, they got an earful.

Amazon is trying to be all things to all people. It's insane. Whenever other businesses have tried to do that, they imploded.

And the greed factor has gone through the roof at Amazon, and the audacity to think their customers are too stupid to notice this garbage and the worsening customer service, and their 2-day shipping that doesn't start being counted until after the 3 -4 - 6 day delays, or the fact that their prime prices with "free shipping" is much higher than just buying whatever from Walmart and picking up in store - or even having Walmart ship the items to you.

I think someone's been blowing hot air up Jeff Bezos' skirt, so to speak, in that his ego is being flattered by his consultants to the point that he's out of touch completely with reality.

Or maybe more like the Emperor's New Clothes. Bezos is going to wake up when everything tanks, and realize he's been naked the last few years, but nobody wanted to tell him.

Or maybe he's just gone completely mad like King George?

Old 06-21-2017, 07:52 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
I was surprised to read the OP and googled it. Sure enough. Last year Amazon started restricting some movies and video games to Prime Members only -- and various internet sites suggest that Amazon may eventually restrict other merchandise too.

Here's an article from last year:
https://www.extremetech.com/internet...-prime-members
Amazon has been doing this for 3 years though. The phones are junk, $60-0$100 phones full of Amazon bloatware and anyone can buy the games but if you have prime you get a pre-release deal. The OP said they had a 'cart full' of merchandise they weren't allowed to buy because they don't have Prime and I'm hoping they will log back in and explain what was in that cart.

Old 06-21-2017, 01:43 PM

Not sure why everyone is so interested in what I tried to buy but it was a few things - basically whatever I found that had the most positive reviews at the best price. Frustrating when you spend time searching, select something & then you realize you can't even buy it. The ONE thing in my cart - a pop corn popper that wasn't exclusive to prime memberships & was sold by amazon- INCREASED in price by $4 in the last 24 hours since I put it in my wish list.
And now amazon is giving practically free prime memberships to people on public assistance.
So the guy getting public assistance can buy a $35 scratching pole for his cat - but I can't.
Gave rep to everyone ! LOL. Thanks for letting me vent.

Last edited by chattyneighbor; 06-21-2017 at 02:05 PM..

Old 06-21-2017, 01:58 PM

Ha!
And now I found one of my exact items on chewy.com - $4 cheaper then Amazon had it. Add some cat food to my order & I'll get free ship too. And way faster then Amazon - even with Prime - and their fake 2-3 day ship (that's 2 or 3 days after a 5 day wait for them to actually find the product to put in the 2-3 day mail - LOL)
Take that Amazon.

https://www.chewy.com/smartcat-ultim...-post/dp/49134

Last edited by chattyneighbor; 06-21-2017 at 02:06 PM..

Old 06-21-2017, 06:01 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Then go shop at Amazon's competitors and make sure Amazon knows why you left.

Old 06-21-2017, 06:33 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,435,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Then go shop at Amazon's competitors and make sure Amazon knows why you left.

Obviously Amazon doesnt value its non-Prime members enough to care.

Old 06-21-2017, 06:42 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Ha!
And now I found one of my exact items on chewy.com - $4 cheaper then Amazon had it. Add some cat food to my order & I'll get free ship too. And way faster then Amazon - even with Prime - and their fake 2-3 day ship (that's 2 or 3 days after a 5 day wait for them to actually find the product to put in the 2-3 day mail - LOL)
Take that Amazon.

https://www.chewy.com/smartcat-ultim...-post/dp/49134
It must be you, I order from amazon a few times a week some weeks and have been a member for years and I have never had an issue with delivery times. I believe I joined prime more than 10 years ago.
Amazon is voluntary just like many other sites so you certainly not obligated to order from them.
Also, I seriously doubt that amazon will even notice you not ordering from them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products