Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 06:09 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,164,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Then yes, you were being unreasonable. Calling up the store and yelling at people who had nothing to do with the issue is unreasonable. I'm guessing you are a grown adult, correct? Learn how to handle an issue so that it is not leading to people hanging up on you.
OK, you think I was unreasonable... That's all you had to say. Although I see nothing unreasonable about calling to inquire into two missed delivery dates. But let me say too that again - where are getting your "facts" - from the air - maybe that is why you think it is unreasonable. I never said I yelled at anyone. I said I grilled him - meaning I asked a lot of pointed questions about the delivery they LIED about.

But that's OK, you seem to think that something I did was wrong, I don't see any wrong steps I took up to an including getting my delivery a day AFTER the second time they rescheduled me for no known reason or good excuse. I guess you don't value your time; sitting around for a day and a half waiting for a promised delivery that doesn't come.

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 06-28-2017 at 06:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2017, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Why is it not reasonable advice?

If you want something done right, do it yourself.
Sorry, I'm not an arborist, a forest owner, lumber jack, saw mill operator or lumber store; but I guess you didn't really mean to go back that far when saying I should do it myself. I figure buying lumber and having it delivered so I can rebuild my deck myself is DIY enough.

Old 06-28-2017, 07:48 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,047,308 times
You should have cancelled the order long ago. You got walked all over.

Old 06-29-2017, 06:44 AM

11,760 posts, read 14,654,294 times
I'm a bit surprised at the hostility directed to the OP. Sure, there are all kinds of other ways he could have gotten the lumber to his home, but the vendor agreed to deliver it on his terms and he paid for the delivery. Once that's all in place, what is the customer supposed to do, especially when the company repeatedly fails to do what it's getting paid to do and apparently lies about it?

I think the OP has every right to be angry about how he was treated. What should he do about it now? Let go of it? Pursue some kind of redress?

I don't really know, but maybe a refund of the delivery fee, since it wasn't delivered as promised, or a voucher on a future purchase would be a good gesture for the company.

Old 06-29-2017, 07:08 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,647,187 times
Next time just get a U-Haul and do it yourself.

Old 06-29-2017, 07:27 AM

190 posts, read 167,607 times
OP is not unreasonable, but possibly expectations are too high for Home Depot/Lowe's. I agree with SundayDrive that the best solution would be to select and pay for the lumber at the store, then rent a truck and bring it yourself. If necessary, hire a helper to load/unload the truck.

Customer service should be better, but that's the state of America these days. Instead of pressing the issue, learn from it and move on.

There are two basic principles at work
1) you can get something Fast, Cheap, Good - pick two only. OP wanted all three
2) you don't get Tiffany service at Wal-mart prices.

Old 06-29-2017, 01:55 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,736,853 times
Is this a big box chain hardware store? If so we have never had a problem. We actually just had brick pavers delivered from one with no issues. With that said, I get bent out of shape easily! I've been working on not lashing out on someone who probably has no part in whatever is wrong, but I expect good service and when I don't get it I freak out! It's as if no one takes their job seriously anymore and does whatever. Who care about the customer! Anyway, like I said I've been working on trying to remain calm in those situations, but sometimes it is hard as I just can't stand "STUPID"!

OP, I don't blame you one bit!

Old 06-29-2017, 02:37 PM

981 posts, read 899,886 times
well it happens to me far too often as well. it seems like everything i purchase, regardless of price, has an EXTREMELY bad customer service experience associated to it. to the point where i almost dont want to buy anything. i recently bought a lot of furniture and paid for white glove delivery only to have the guys dump the boxes in the foyer, so my husband and i spent hours assembling and had to pay a dumping fee to get rid of the boxes. my list goes on and on and on. this person paid for a service then got jacked around. why is this his fault?

Old 06-29-2017, 03:46 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,242,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaucka View Post
well it happens to me far too often as well. it seems like everything i purchase, regardless of price, has an EXTREMELY bad customer service experience associated to it. to the point where i almost dont want to buy anything. i recently bought a lot of furniture and paid for white glove delivery only to have the guys dump the boxes in the foyer, so my husband and i spent hours assembling and had to pay a dumping fee to get rid of the boxes. my list goes on and on and on. this person paid for a service then got jacked around. why is this his fault?
They delivered to your house... what did you expect?

Old 06-29-2017, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klaucka View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinB View Post
They delivered to your house... what did you expect?
Since she said she "Paid for White Glove Service" (something I'd never heard of until this thread), I would guess she expected the things normally associated with that service.

Sam's list that service as:

White-glove delivery
  • The delivery agents will unload and place your items in the room of your choice.
  • White-glove service generally includes unpacking, removal/disposal of packing materials and transporting your order up or down a maximum of two flights of stairs.
  • Delivery times are scheduled between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, and will be scheduled as a 4-hour window.
  • Extraordinary delivery conditions may require an additional fee.
  • Upon delivery please inspect the item(s). Please notate any damage on the Proof of Delivery receipt or, if refusing a delivery due to damage, please note refused due to damage on the receipt.

https://help.samsclub.com/app/answer...draWclMjElMjE=

Similar services may vary, but I don't see why so many here are having trouble understanding that the complaint is that we are NOT getting what we paid for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products