Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 09:03 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Due to increased competition and Amazon hiring other Sunday carriers our district has transferred half of its Sunday Amazon crew to doing large priority parcels. Perhaps just for the Christmas rush which has not seemed to have started yet. The UPS drivers already have their holiday second crewman on trucks but their load also has not increased yet due to new players like uber drivers taking market share.
I met one of these 3rd party smaller companies last year. It was sort of funny that they were using SUVs for deliveries. I had a one box delivery that took up the entire rear of the vehicle, thus making me his only delivery for that trip out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2017, 09:20 AM

12,386 posts, read 8,149,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
I met one of these 3rd party smaller companies last year. It was sort of funny that they were using SUVs for deliveries. I had a one box delivery that took up the entire rear of the vehicle, thus making me his only delivery for that trip out.
I was watching one of them throw small Amazon parcels on the front lawn from her car window one Saturday. And she asked me if I climb all those steps everyday. I do wonder how many complaints Amazon gets before they blacklist any individual driver

Old 11-25-2017, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Given that USPS often doesn't scan intermediate processing, that can happen in any scenario. My thought was to let the buyer know the order was received, accepted, and tangible action taken in processing. I wish that I could read the minds of the buyers and know their pet peeves.
It's not often, it's rarely. And as to pet peeves, we can create a thread to cover that. Mine for today is that it actually come from the location it states as being shipped from. I placed an order yesterday and it was supposed to be coming from PA. The tracking number had a odd set of numbers that it took me awhile to figure out where the shipping point actually is. Came back with 'HuNanShengZhangShaShi guojieyuanqu' which turns out to be China Post. If it actually shows up on 11/28, I'll be truly amazed.

Old 11-25-2017, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
I was watching one of them throw small Amazon parcels on the front lawn from her car window one Saturday. And she asked me if I climb all those steps everyday. I do wonder how many complaints Amazon gets before they blacklist any individual driver
I had one where it was placed into a plastic bag and hung from a tree branch.

Old 11-25-2017, 03:30 PM

12,386 posts, read 8,149,420 times
I just had a piece with a UPS label on one side going to my route and a priority label on the other side addressed halfway across the nation. Since the carrier is the only person who reads the actual address the bar code keeps getting scanned and the piece gets routed back to me. I will see on Monday if it comes back for a third time

Old 11-25-2017, 05:43 PM

15,419 posts, read 9,075,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Given that USPS often doesn't scan intermediate processing, that can happen in any scenario. My thought was to let the buyer know the order was received, accepted, and tangible action taken in processing. I wish that I could read the minds of the buyers and know their pet peeves.
If that's what you want to do, then you should send them a message acknowledging and thanking the buyer for their order. But don't send a tracking number until you actually ship the item. Unless maybe you are doing it all the same day. As you say, you can't read the minds of the buyers, that's why communication is important. Let the buyer know what is going on, but don't try to mislead them into believing that their item has already been shipped, by giving them a premature tracking number. Once you give a tracking number, many buyers will think the item has already been shipped.

Old 11-25-2017, 05:54 PM

Quote:
It's not often, it's rarely. And as to pet peeves, we can create a thread to cover that. Mine for today is that it actually come from the location it states as being shipped from. I placed an order yesterday and it was supposed to be coming from PA. The tracking number had a odd set of numbers that it took me awhile to figure out where the shipping point actually is. Came back with 'HuNanShengZhangShaShi guojieyuanqu' which turns out to be China Post. If it actually shows up on 11/28, I'll be truly amazed.
You can avoid that by searching for US Only, or North America Only. But keep in mind that you are going to lose out on a lot of good deals from China. If they claim they are shipping from the US but actually ship from China, then you should cancel the order immediately, and give the reason, Item Not As Described. But first make sure that the listing specifically gave a location in the US.

Old 11-25-2017, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
You can avoid that by searching for US Only, or North America Only. But keep in mind that you are going to lose out on a lot of good deals from China. If they claim they are shipping from the US but actually ship from China, then you should cancel the order immediately, and give the reason, Item Not As Described. But first make sure that the listing specifically gave a location in the US.
I always check the box for US Only. This seller listed the location as PA.

Old 11-25-2017, 08:22 PM

Quote:
I always check the box for US Only. This seller listed the location as PA.
Just cancel the order. That is a clear violation of eBay policy. But check the original listing first to make sure.

Item location misrepresentation policy

Old 11-25-2017, 09:24 PM

10,895 posts, read 7,386,537 times
I've been selling on ebay lately. As soon as I print the label, the item is marked as shipped, with a tracking number. That's just automatic, not something I do. I could go in and mark every item as "unshpped", then go back to each one when they are actually shipped and change it again. I'm not going to do that.

And the stuff coming from China? Ebay gives a delivery date. If it works for you, order; if not, don't order. If they say it's in PA and will arrive in a week, you can always cancel the order if it doesn't come in a timely manner. The item may BE in PA, in a warehouse to make US shipping faster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products