Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 07:44 PM

373 posts, read 348,728 times

Advertisements

I recently
Purchased an NFL jersey from a fan site I found on google . It was abnormal looking fan site for all 32 NFL teams and had all gear .

I waited almost 4 weeks for the package and it was a knockoff , I know this because I own many official jerseys and the color on the numbers and name is not the same color as the rest of it . HOWEVER , I can see where they can get away with this to those who aren't repeat jersey owners and know a real one

They used real NFL patch and Nike patch , and used a Nike tag "just do it slogans " etc very authentic until they messed up
The two different colors of green .

I contacted Nike not looking for a handout but to report someone posing as Nike , they thanked me and confirmed the site was not authorized to sell Nike but other than that didn't seem to care .

My question is how do I report this site and go further than Nike ? And get my money back

They seem to be out of China although their entire website is in English and looks normal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2018, 08:16 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,119,785 times
You DO understand what the BBB is don't you? They are not a Government entity and have no authority to do anything.

Old 01-10-2018, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
You DO understand what the BBB is don't you? They are not a Government entity and have no authority to do anything.

So fraudulent companies are allowed then ?

I'll have my started up shortly then. I'm going to make lots of money . I didn't know you could pose as other companies and sell their products

Old 01-11-2018, 07:54 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,535,425 times
Good luck in your future business endeavors!

Old 01-11-2018, 09:13 AM

13,131 posts, read 20,995,508 times
Companies take their brand seriously and actually uses many avenues to deal with this. Just because you didn't see them jumping up and rushing to the ports with pitchforks in hand doesn't mean nothing is happening. Everyday, CBP intercepts hundreds of thousands of packages coming from overseas with counterfeits. When a report is received, the company usually will place a evidence order that enables them to receive the illegal item. With that in hand they can use it to get CPB to intercept and inspect all shipments from that company. Of course another one will open up to take its place because american shoppers are idiots and fools who think these cheap foreign items are real. The blame rest with the buyers who enable theses rip off places to flourish.

Old 01-11-2018, 12:08 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Glad you pointed that out. I do not think most people understand BBB really doesn't and can't do much. I don't know what the OP can do, but BBB won't be much help.

Old 01-11-2018, 03:04 PM

It wasn't a foreign website . It was in English and seemed like a normal fan site .

Old 01-11-2018, 04:17 PM

44,630 posts, read 61,620,191 times
Reports for these violations you go to the FTC, attorney general, or the NFL.

Old 01-12-2018, 02:47 PM

666 posts, read 643,221 times
BBB is a joke, exists mostly so upset customers can feel like they're getting one over on a business they're upset with. If this is really something you want to do though, googling your thread title brought up the method/place to do so immediately.

Contact your CC company/bank to see about getting money back?

Old 01-13-2018, 07:03 AM

Update : they basically are threatening that my package will get lost in transit since they are located in Asia and that I won't receive a refund until they receive the package and even then it's 5-30 days after . They said " see it takes a long time , why don't I accept a 10% refund and accept the package .

I told them I would accept a 50% refund . And they told me they appreciate my willingness to accept a refund but that I should too high for their cost and they will allow a 30% which is " the highest in their history "

Should I just accept the 20 bucks back and lesson learned ? Or should I report it to my bank and see if they would get the money back?
I feel like if I tried to report the charge in my card they wouldn't accept it because I "willingly " purchased this and have this in my possession

I really don't trust shipping something all the way back to Asia , had I known this was a knockoff company out of china I wouldn't of done this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products