Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2018, 10:19 AM

15,421 posts, read 9,083,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Butterfly88 View Post
Then you click contact seller and ask. Just send your zip code.
I did send him my zip code. His response: "I can not send an invoice without an order being placed, if you would like to do that first then I can assist with shipping and postage amounts for the items."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2018, 10:38 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Yes, I looked at their feedback, even though I find eBay feedback to be worthless.
Of course it is useless when buyers such as yourself refuse to leave obvious scammers nrgstive feedback.

Quote:
I'm thinking about maybe placing the order and then using it to negotiate shipping charges.
If you think purchasing the item first is going to give you an advsntage on negotiating shipping charges, it won't. The buyer is going to use ehatever shipping method they want, at whatever price they want.

Old 06-07-2018, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Of course it is useless when buyers such as yourself refuse to leave obvious scammers nrgstive feedback.

If you think purchasing the item first is going to give you an advsntage on negotiating shipping charges, it won't. The buyer is going to use ehatever shipping method they want, at whatever price they want.
OK, what if I refuse to pay it and request to cancel the order? Would eBay's Money Back Guarantee not apply, on the grounds that I didn't receive the item? I'm trying to understand what I have to lose here. As VTsnowbird pointed out, I have eBay's buyer protection.

As far as leaving negative feedback, I do that when necessary. For example when a seller ignores my message, I just give them negative feedback. Then I get a message asking what they need to do to get me to revise the negative feedback. They give me what I want and I revise the feedback. They keep their 98%, 99%, 100% positive feedback.

Old 06-07-2018, 11:05 AM

5,452 posts, read 4,054,839 times
They must have special rules for overseas sellers. As a US seller I couldn't do that. I HAVE to put in shipping charges or free shipping or pickup..

I would just run screaming from this listing, no matter how much I wanted the item. There is no reason a seller can't give you a quote on shipping BEFORE you buy. The only reason I can think of that they would operate this way is, they want to stick you with exorbitant shipping charges. And if they are dishonest about shipping charges, likely that they are also dishonest about the item. Like I said, lot of counterfeit items coming from overseas.

Old 06-07-2018, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
I would just run screaming from this listing, no matter how much I wanted the item. There is no reason a seller can't give you a quote on shipping BEFORE you buy. The only reason I can think of that they would operate this way is, they want to stick you with exorbitant shipping charges.
OK, I agree that is probably what is happening. But why not go ahead and find out? Like you said I have eBay's buyer protection. What do I have to lose?

Old 06-07-2018, 11:32 AM

You might lose the cost of the item, that you have to pay before finding out shipping charges. You can't cancel a purchase without the seller's consent. Seller may decide to keep your $$. I'm not sure how Ebay would respond to this. That is why I suggest calling them and finding out.

Old 06-07-2018, 11:39 AM

Quote:
You might lose the cost of the item, that you have to pay before finding out shipping charges. You can't cancel a purchase without the seller's consent. Seller may decide to keep your $$. I'm not sure how Ebay would respond to this. That is why I suggest calling them and finding out.
OK, I was under the impression that if you don't receive the item, you are automatically entitled to a refund. That is one of the three conditions.

Old 06-07-2018, 12:01 PM

Any ideas on why I wouldn't be entitled to a refund? If I don't receive the item, the only way I can see I would not be entitled to a refund is if I refused delivery.

Quote:
When a buyer doesn't receive an item

If a buyer doesn't receive an item, the buyer needs to submit a request to report that the item hasn't arrived. The seller should address the buyer's concern and provide tracking information, updates on the delivery of the item, or a refund.

If the buyer isn't happy with the seller's response or doesn't receive a response, the buyer can ask eBay to step in and help.

If asked to step in and help, we review the information provided by the buyer and seller for evidence of a successful on-time delivery to the buyer's address or proof of collection by the buyer.

If we determine that the item wasn't successfully delivered or collected, a refund of the full cost of the item and original shipping is sent to the original payment method or to the buyer's PayPal account. The seller is required to reimburse eBay for the amount of the refund. Learn more about reimbursement.

Buyer obligations

Generally, the buyer is responsible for accepting the item when it arrives. If the buyer refuses delivery, their claim is not eligible for the eBay Money Back Guarantee.
eBay Money Back Guarantee policy.html

Old 06-07-2018, 12:32 PM

so is the seller going to invoice you through Ebay for the shipping? if not, he is circumventing final value fees and that is against Ebay rules.

Old 06-07-2018, 12:52 PM

Quote:
so is the seller going to invoice you through Ebay for the shipping? if not, he is circumventing final value fees and that is against Ebay rules.
That is my understanding. He will send me an invoice, but he says he can only do that after I place the order.

I don't think he would have to pay final value on it anyway. From what I can tell eBay doesn't charge fees on international shipping, if domestic shipping is free. Now that I think of it, I'm sure that is an incentive for them to jack the international shipping charge up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products