Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 03:20 PM

252 posts, read 358,945 times

Advertisements

3rd time ordering with Amazon Prime 2 Day shipping and the day of delivery, UPS tracking shows they handed the package off to USPS local facility. Then USPS tracking either goes blank for days or shows the package being sent miles away to sorting facility. Either way, it's been 6 days and still not delivered. Why on earth would Amazon use UPS to my city and then give it USPS? I am in Ft Lauderdale. USPS here is just plain incompetent. Amazon used to be so good. Between this and fake reviews, I wish another company would step in the arena now. Anyone else have these issues?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2018, 03:29 PM

5,153 posts, read 3,083,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaduced View Post
3rd time ordering with Amazon Prime 2 Day shipping and the day of delivery, UPS tracking shows they handed the package off to USPS local facility. Then USPS tracking either goes blank for days or shows the package being sent miles away to sorting facility. Either way, it's been 6 days and still not delivered. Why on earth would Amazon use UPS to my city and then give it USPS? I am in Ft Lauderdale. USPS here is just plain incompetent. Amazon used to be so good. Between this and fake reviews, I wish another company would step in the arena now. Anyone else have these issues?
The Post Office has deals with both UPS and FedEx for "last mile" delivery service, especially to remote areas where the mail carriers go every day, but it doesn't make sense to send a delivery truck.

Old 06-05-2018, 03:33 PM

252 posts, read 358,945 times
I'm in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Hardly remote. UPS gave to USPS facility 2 miles from house. Now package is on its way to Jacksonville to be sorted. I wouldn't have bought it if they said 7 to 10 days shipping. I have PRIME and it said 2 days shipping. Bait and Switch

Old 06-05-2018, 03:38 PM

6,114 posts, read 4,606,165 times
I've had bad experiences with Amazon via UPS Sure Post delivery, who Amazon now frequently uses, on more than one occasion. That has been abysmal in my experience with deliveries arriving a week after the projected time and tracking that says it was delivered at a post office 50 miles from where it was actually delivered. Amazon's delivery times have gone rapidly downhill for those who don't cough up the increasingly expensive Prime membership, as they are no longer a priority, and their delivery times are no longer reliable as they were 5-10 years ago.

I haven't had this issue with their competitors, such as Ebay, where private sellers seem to be able to ship orders within a day or two and not sit on orders for over a week AND I don't have to cough up the now $119 annual fee for their competitors that Amazon requires to get reasonable delivery service either.

Amazon needs to be careful and not get so greedy because history tells us that companies that forget what made them successful to begin with (great service, prices, selection, quality, etc.) end up on a slow trajectory of decline. It may not look like that could ever happen right now, but many companies that looked invincible years ago have sadly faded into obscurity because of complacency and plain greed.

As a result, I only use Amazon if there isn't an alternative to buying a particular product I'm set on.

Old 06-05-2018, 04:47 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,776,049 times
I hope you don't pay for Prime!!

Old 06-05-2018, 06:21 PM

6,114 posts, read 4,606,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I hope you don't pay for Prime!!
No, and for me I don't see enough value in it to make it worth the price, particularly with Amazon's inconsistent delivery times as it is without having Prime.

Old 06-06-2018, 08:59 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,859,987 times
Yep, had this happen a lot lately. The problem is that 'last mile' depends on your mail carrier and if you have a lazy one - I do - things will show up late. BTW, UPS/FedEx roll by everyday so it's not a remote thing.

Old 06-07-2018, 03:14 PM

2,452 posts, read 3,214,645 times
Quote:
I'm in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Hardly remote. UPS gave to USPS facility 2 miles from house. Now package is on its way to Jacksonville to be sorted. I wouldn't have bought it if they said 7 to 10 days shipping. I have PRIME and it said 2 days shipping. Bait and Switch
Complain to Amazon. Often times, they will extend your prime membership by a month. I've got probably close to a year out of them so far.

Old 06-09-2018, 10:55 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,741,790 times
Quote:
Welcome to Amazon 2018.

Old 06-09-2018, 11:57 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,333,607 times
Amazon doesn't use UPS SurePost for Prime shipments in my area, but uses something that operates on a similar model for some shipments with the USPS handling the last mile. The difference is that Amazon's over the road linehaul network or Amazon Air transports the package for most of the trip instead of UPS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products