Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2018, 09:16 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,891,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearwest View Post
Is it true that Jane Parker fruitcake is available from a website?
Yes, it is. https://www.janeparker.com/FAQs_ep_44-1.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2018, 12:47 AM

605 posts, read 335,538 times
Kasbah flannel mix
Vegetal. They changed their label to Spike but it tastes slightly different

Old 10-17-2018, 09:30 AM

50,752 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
There is apparently a company who is still manufacturing Prell in a bottle.

https://www.neotericcosmetics.com/prell/

I would be very hesitant to buy anything else because aside from the ridiculous price, it is probably several years old and not optimum quality at this point.
There are some products they sell overseas but not here anymore. The Prell could be one of them. I used to order Lifebuoy soap online for an elderly acquaintance. I think it s still sold in the UK.

Old 10-17-2018, 09:35 AM

50,752 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
The supermarket nearest to us started selling fresh soft pretzels, next to the bagels (but they are real pretzels and not those imitation pretzel bagels). My 14 year old has decreed that if he has to go grocery shopping with me, he is entitled to get one. Luckily they are only a dollar!
On a similar vein, I miss frozen foods that aren’t pre-browned for the microwave. I used to buy frozen soft pretzels and bake them until they were very lightly browned which is how I prefer them. Now they come already too dark for my taste. Same thing with chicken pot pie, I liked a lightly brown crust but now they too are pre-browned.

Old 10-17-2018, 12:22 PM

884 posts, read 623,973 times
Jay5835: Thanks so much for the link to the Jane Parker fruitcake website. Just reading the description of the fruitcakes, both original and dark, made my mouth water.

Old 10-22-2018, 02:11 PM

1,065 posts, read 597,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
It looks like they failed the transition from power to liquid detergent.
Yeah, I know, laundry detergent companies are laughing all the way to the bank selling liquid in plastic.

Thankfully, there's like four or five powders remaining and of course it's easy to make your own laundry soap but you have to use warm water.

Old 10-22-2018, 10:39 PM

15,419 posts, read 9,069,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletwin View Post
Yeah, I know, laundry detergent companies are laughing all the way to the bank selling liquid in plastic.

Thankfully, there's like four or five powders remaining and of course it's easy to make your own laundry soap but you have to use warm water.
I have only switched from powder to liquid detergent in the last ten years. But it seems to work fine for me. I'm not sure I would go back even if I could find powder detergent. Liquid is a lot less messy. One thing I really miss though is unscented Tide. I use a small portable washing machine, and every time I do laundry, my entire apartment smells like a laundromat. It's not the worst smell, but not a smell I want to have either. I should look into a solution for that.

Old 10-23-2018, 05:59 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,670,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
I have only switched from powder to liquid detergent in the last ten years. But it seems to work fine for me. I'm not sure I would go back even if I could find powder detergent. Liquid is a lot less messy. One thing I really miss though is unscented Tide. I use a small portable washing machine, and every time I do laundry, my entire apartment smells like a laundromat. It's not the worst smell, but not a smell I want to have either. I should look into a solution for that.

No need to miss unscented Tide. Lots of places sell it:

https://www.google.com/search?source...i3.vbT8izp8IbA

Old 10-23-2018, 06:05 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,670,891 times
Quote:
Fresh Start laundry detergent.
You can still buy this:

https://www.amazon.com/Fresh-Laundry.../dp/B00PM8DI7C

Old 10-23-2018, 06:30 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
Quote:

I tend to agree because I find myself using too much liquid laundry detergent when trying to judge how much I need for small loads of laundry.

That's why I prefer powder, it's easier to measure so I don't waste detergent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products