Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 10:38 AM

485 posts, read 322,557 times

Advertisements

So many products, I can't even remember all of them. Just off the top of my head...

- Benefit Cosmetics 'Get Even' face powder. THE best face powder, ever! This worked so well for me and then they discontinued it in 2013. I bought a bunch to stock up and now I'm almost done w/ the last one. I knew this moment would come and I'd have to find an alternative so I've been trying every brand out there to find a replacement but nothing even comes close.

- Focus Monthly Contact Lenses (tinted). I have very light eyes and when I first started wearing contacts I wanted to be able to see them and not lose them so I got ones with a tint. Then I realized how much I liked having darker eyes. Not only did they look great, but they were sooo comfortable, almost like I wasn't wearing anything at all. My eye Dr. said I'm not the only one, that many of her patients are also bummed about not being able to buy them as well. I'm on my last pair right now and I've tried all the other colored lenses out there and they just don't even compare. Its like these were the Malibu of contacts, while all the others are the Detroit of contacts...if you know what I mean, lol. I guess I'll just have to wear the clear lenses now ... I have such light blonde hair though that my light eyes just wash me out.

- Clif Bar Coconut Almond Butter Filled Bars. Other Clif nut butter bars are still available in stores but, of course, my favorite flavor will be discontinued (Coconut Almond Butter). All the others are peanut butter filled and I can't eat PB so I tried the almond butter one and I loved it. Just my luck though...the one I like is the one being discontinued. Ugh. Until they're completely off the shelves, I'm stocking up!

Last edited by Curious.In.California; 07-19-2018 at 10:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2018, 12:56 PM

3,467 posts, read 7,212,183 times
Old Duke wine

Old 07-19-2018, 01:05 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,747,659 times
I miss Colt 45 Malt liquor. That had some mean kicks to it.

Funny how I was working at Walmart and my manager asked me if I drank and what. I replied "I liked Colt 45, Olde English, but now preferred Steel Reserve" (8.1% alcohol by weight) He stares at me and says "You're a black man trapped in white mans body!" We laughed about that for a long while.

Old 07-19-2018, 01:21 PM

6,496 posts, read 4,897,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extraction View Post
Pudding in a can.

Carnation breakfast bars. I think it was Carnation that made them.

Wintermint candies. They were round and pink.

Thanks for the memories!
I found pudding in a health food shop and thought wow, protein and chocolate pudding - how wonderful. And then was afraid to eat it. But I still have it so maybe I'll crack it open soon.

https://www.allstarhealth.com/de_p_r...yABEgJMN_D_BwE

My grandmother always had the wintermint candies. A local shop hand made some for a long time but went out of business about 15 years ago. I'd always get a bag when I was in the area.

Old 07-19-2018, 01:30 PM

5,328 posts, read 8,511,210 times
Borden canned egg nog (during the holidays)

Old 07-19-2018, 01:34 PM

16,373 posts, read 30,149,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
I can't help you with most of your list, but for the bolded:

Real sugar soft drinks - You can find imported from Mexico - Coca-Cola made with real sugar. I buy it all the time, even though I don't drink a lot of it. It tastes so much better than the kind made here in the US.

Some Coca Cola made in Mexico uses cane sugar. Some does NOT. Last week, I paid for a Mexican Coke in a Tucson eatery and the ingredients on the bottle stated "Made with sugar OR corn syrup." it certainly was not made with sugar after a taste and I paid 2x the normal price of a regular soda.

I have seen this in BOTH Arizona and Texas.

You have to read the label.

The Pepsi products with cane sugar are clearly marked, are produced in the United States, and are no more expensive than the corn syrup products. That is three reasons that I can see to pass on the Mexican product.

Old 07-19-2018, 01:49 PM

34,914 posts, read 31,038,232 times
Vanilla Teddy Grahams.

Old 07-19-2018, 01:52 PM

2,874 posts, read 2,044,983 times
Lawn darts. My buddy, Dead-Eye Bill, loved that game.

Old 07-19-2018, 01:53 PM

2,874 posts, read 2,044,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
Some Coca Cola made in Mexico uses cane sugar. Some does NOT. Last week, I paid for a Mexican Coke in a Tucson eatery and the ingredients on the bottle stated "Made with sugar OR corn syrup." it certainly was not made with sugar after a taste and I paid 2x the normal price of a regular soda.

I have seen this in BOTH Arizona and Texas.

You have to read the label.

The Pepsi products with cane sugar are clearly marked, are produced in the United States, and are no more expensive than the corn syrup products. That is three reasons that I can see to pass on the Mexican product.

Very common here in PHX. Most of the mom-and-pop Mexican restaurants sell it.

Old 07-19-2018, 01:54 PM

836 posts, read 1,114,551 times
Jello pudding pops
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products