Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 04:56 AM

15,420 posts, read 9,078,700 times

Advertisements

I've been thinking about products that I used to buy a lot, but can't find anymore, but sure wish I could. So I thought I'd start a thread for it.

Here is my big one. Plastic strip, patch, and spot Band-Aids. My mother used to always buy them when I was a kid, and I used them through most of my adult life. These Band-Aids were perfect. They were plastic, waterproof, every size and shape you could need, they stayed on better than any other bandages, they felt good, and they were cheap. They were a perfect set of bandages. They even threw in a tin storage box for them. You couldn't ask for more. But no more. Now you have to choose between fabric, sheer, clear, or designer Band-Aids, all of which are junk, and good luck finding any shape other than a strip. Why can't they just make good old fashioned basic, plastic strip, patch, and spot Band-Aids sets in a tin box anymore?

Does anybody else have products they really miss?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2018, 06:30 AM

417 posts, read 190,988 times
Default L'oreal HAIR FIXER

L'oreal used to put out a product called HAIR FIXER, wonderful product. You would put a tablet into the solution and apply to your hair without washing it out. It actually did what was advertised. Improved the condition of my sun and salt water damaged hair from the first application. *6 applications to a box. All my surfer friends that used it got the same great results.

Then, for some reason, it was discontinued.

Old 07-18-2018, 06:49 AM

15,420 posts, read 9,078,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by addakisson View Post
L'oreal used to put out a product called HAIR FIXER, wonderful product. You would put a tablet into the solution and apply to your hair without washing it out. It actually did what was advertised. Improved the condition of my sun and salt water damaged hair from the first application. *6 applications to a box. All my surfer friends that used it got the same great results.

Then, for some reason, it was discontinued.
Oh yeah, I have had some good hair care products that were discontinued. It's been a long time though, so I can't even remember what they were called. Those do come and go fast.

Old 07-18-2018, 10:29 AM

1,347 posts, read 945,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Oh yeah, I have had some good hair care products that were discontinued. It's been a long time though, so I can't even remember what they were called. Those do come and go fast.
Yes, this happens to me all the time. Curl Life is one that I miss. (I just googled and saw some on Ebay/Amazon, but I'm not getting warm fuzzies when I don't find it on the Matrix site, which is the company that produced it).

Old 07-18-2018, 10:44 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times
Clove chewing gum

Old 07-18-2018, 12:32 PM

132 posts, read 107,659 times
My Hubby LOVED Hershey's White Chocolate w/ Almonds candy bar. I’d go around buying up all I could find for him. Finally, one day they were no more. He’s a white chocolate fan. He doesn't like white KitKat, Hershey’s Cookies & Cream or white Reese's Cups, but he does love Zero Bars. Luckily they’re still in existence.

Old 07-18-2018, 12:54 PM

1,422 posts, read 3,441,815 times
my mom used to get during the holidays the Black out Cake from "Entenmanns" OMG that was the best cake,talk about chocolate,it was perfect not too sweet or rich,just right.. Been about 10 years now since they stopped making it.. only came out during the holidays,probably because it would melt any other time of the year..they dont make anything close to that anymore.

Old 07-18-2018, 03:13 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,456,509 times
So many products!

Most of all, I miss when clothing was manufactured here in the U.S. and the fabrics and stitching was so much better than the crap we get from our "most favored nation" partner.

I miss silky-feeling, long nylon or polyester nightgowns in deep jewel-tone colors.

I miss well made bobby pins and paper clips.

I need rubber bands and I can't find a single bag that has bands that don't break apart immediately. The color of the bands is off, they are dry, and they don't work. It's pitiful that one can't even get decent office supplies anymore.

Old 07-18-2018, 03:40 PM

24,470 posts, read 26,003,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
I've been thinking about products that I used to buy a lot, but can't find anymore, but sure wish I could. So I thought I'd start a thread for it.

Here is my big one. Plastic strip, patch, and spot Band-Aids. My mother used to always buy them when I was a kid, and I used them through most of my adult life. These Band-Aids were perfect. They were plastic, waterproof, every size and shape you could need, they stayed on better than any other bandages, they felt good, and they were cheap. They were a perfect set of bandages. They even threw in a tin storage box for them. You couldn't ask for more. But no more. Now you have to choose between fabric, sheer, clear, or designer Band-Aids, all of which are junk, and good luck finding any shape other than a strip. Why can't they just make good old fashioned basic, plastic strip, patch, and spot Band-Aids sets in a tin box anymore?

Does anybody else have products they really miss?
I miss the orange thread in the Band-Aid strip bandages. Bit I still have the metal box.

Old 07-18-2018, 03:44 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,120,401 times
PB Max candy bar
Saxon after shave...technically still available but now very rare and expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products