U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2018, 07:28 AM

2,869 posts, read 2,125,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Me thinks I hear a snowflake melting...
Wanting attention from Amazon employees for some reason?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2018, 07:58 AM

23,677 posts, read 17,948,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
Then why did you post in this forum and continue replying to your post?
I posted because I was shocked to learn there was nothing behind the guarantee (I guess I’m naive, I expect words to mean something) and I wanted to let other people know.

Old 11-20-2018, 08:08 AM

2,976 posts, read 673,876 times
FWIW, I do not see this "guarantee" anywhere on Amazon...they mention free two day shipping but do not mention a guarrantee...

Old 11-20-2018, 08:32 AM

12,241 posts, read 5,083,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I posted because I was shocked to learn there was nothing behind the guarantee (I guess I’m naive, I expect words to mean something) and I wanted to let other people know.

What other retailer offers free 2-day shipping guaranteed, and how do they back their guarantee?

I guess I'm shocked that you're shocked to find that Amazon handles performance issues on a case by case basis. And quit saying nothing. You were offered compensation. Because the CS agent didn't blurt it out before you could deliver your lecture doesn't change the fact that you were offered compensation.

Old 11-20-2018, 09:45 AM

23,677 posts, read 17,948,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
FWIW, I do not see this "guarantee" anywhere on Amazon...they mention free two day shipping but do not mention a guarrantee...
Again you’re not going to see it if you’re not a prime member. I did copy and paste an item from my cart several post ago that says “Guaranteed delivery by Tuesday” under it I’m not going to go on find it but it’s probably a page or two back if you’re that interested.

Old 11-20-2018, 10:12 AM

2,574 posts, read 4,795,853 times
Quote:
Again you’re not going to see it if you’re not a prime member. I did copy and paste an item from my cart several post ago that says “Guaranteed delivery by Tuesday” under it I’m not going to go on find it but it’s probably a page or two back if you’re that interested.
If they offered to refund you typical shipping cost, even though you don't pay for shipping in and above your Prime membership fee, I don't see what else they could have done, really. They don't have a time machine whereby they can turn back the clock and make sure you got the item in time.

Next time, don't wait until the last minute to order gifts. Then you're not at the mercy of either Amazon or UPS.

I have found Amazon very fair. Last year a stranger changed my address without my permission or knowledge and I didn't catch it until I hadn't received mail for several days, including something I had ordered from Amazon. I called them and they offered, without me even asking, to refund my purchase price. The PO gave me the address where my mail had been going but Amazon didn't even ask for it or the case number the PO gave me when I reported it to the Postmaster General's office.

Old 11-20-2018, 10:41 AM

33,660 posts, read 21,366,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
Then why did you post in this forum and continue replying to your post?

I don't know what you are asking? I'm guessing you mis-quoted me.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 11-20-2018, 11:25 AM

5,448 posts, read 8,274,854 times
Interestingly, speaking of UPS, they don't make a large portion of my Amazon deliveries. Most seem for me to be Amazon Logistics followed by the USPS. UPS is a distant third or fourth (competing the third and fourth spots with OnTrac, with FedEx in last place). Since UPS, FedEx, and OnTrac charge delivery area surcharges to my ZIP code, this is probably understandable why I get more Amazon Logistics and USPS rather than UPS/FedEx/OnTrac.

Old 11-20-2018, 01:01 PM

9,966 posts, read 8,872,732 times
I live in a mid rise condo building in downtown Fort Lauderdale.

It's a PIA for me to drag groceries and 40 pounds of cat litter from my car to my condo.

Even if I had to pay more, I'd use Amazon Prime for the delivery convenience alone.

I'm running out of something? I punch a button on my phone and two, sometimes only a day and a half later it is here.

Old 11-20-2018, 01:54 PM

6,392 posts, read 2,551,081 times
Quote:
No, not at this point. I have been trying (even before this) to wean off them and use eBay and others more though.
Then they are doing everything right. They are getting $120 a year from you, and giving you nothing in return, and you are going to continue to pay them forever. Good job Amazon. I really should have bought some of their stock when I had the chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or