Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 04:40 PM

50,776 posts, read 36,474,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
UPS Ground is supposed to have a guarantee based on origin and destination ZIP code. The Amazon rep who told you UPS Ground is not guaranteed is wrong; if the fulfillment center that is shipped from is within two-day guaranteed ground range then there is supposed to be a guarantee from the shipper's end.

Still, guaranteed delivery is supposed to mean that the shipping cost (which is paid by Amazon, not the customer if you are a Prime member) is refunded if the delivery is late; UPS nor Amazon can't do anything about refunding your entire purchase.
The UPS agent told me that for weekend delivery Amazon is supposed to send it 2nd day air. The Ground guarantee applies to weekdays only, she said they don’t deliver Ground packages on weekends.

I talked to two different agents and neither said anything about refundi g me shipping or anything else. I asked what the guarantee means a dozen times between the two of them. If it weas refunding of shipping cost why did neither of them answer my question nor offer to do just that? There is actually nothing behind the guarantee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2018, 04:48 PM

3,007 posts, read 3,132,655 times
Of course Prime now provides many other things besides the two day shipping for that $120.

Old 11-16-2018, 04:52 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,020,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
How does it refund my shipping cost when the shipping is free with Prime?
You were given $25. That's the price for 2.5 months of Prime. I think they did more for you then just refunding the shipping cost. Which yeah, was nothing.

Quote:
wanted to know and still want to know what the Prime guarantee is (it’s not shipping fee refunded as again shipping is free with Prime). I asked both Amazon agents repeatedly to tell me what the guarantee is, and neither of them did, just kept repeating how sorry they were.

That link is not for Prime, it is for “special shipping options”.
The link I provided is the terms of their guaranteed shipping. If you don't like it, then you can always cancel your Prime membership. Hasseling the customer service reps over and over again is not going to get you a different answer. You didn't pay any extra shipping fees, so there wasn't anything to do but apologize to you and give you a credit. I just dont understand what more you wanted.

Old 11-16-2018, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arwenmark View Post
Of course Prime now provides many other things besides the two day shipping for that $120.
Yes, they do. For me it was the principle. Stand behind what you promise. I couldn’t believe it as I asked what the guarantee was and they just danced around it. I didn’t know what it actually was but I was appalled to find it’s actually not one thing except they say sorry. And some shut up and go away “promo†money if you hammer them long enough.

Old 11-16-2018, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
You were given $25. That's the price for 2.5 months of Prime. I think they did more for you then just refunding the shipping cost. Which yeah, was nothing.

The link I provided is the terms of their guaranteed shipping. If you don't like it, then you can always cancel your Prime membership. Hasseling the customer service reps over and over again is not going to get you a different answer. You didn't pay any extra shipping fees, so there wasn't anything to do but apologize to you and give you a credit. I just dont understand what more you wanted.
Sorry you’re just plain wrong about the guarantee and the link. If it were refunding of anything, pretty sure they would have told me that in any case. Refunded anything was never on the table, nor was any answer ever given to the question. The link is not the Prime 2 day guarantee. I have two long pages of transcripts in which refunding of anything, shipping or otherwise was never mentioned despite my asking what the guarantee is many times. NO Prime member pays extra shipping fees, so again what does the Prime two day guarantee mean?

What I wanted, and still want, is an answer to the question of what the guarantee is for Prime. I want to know what comes AFTER “Guaranteed 2 day delivery for Prime members” as in “guaranteed or we will (fill in the blank).

If you buy a wheelbarrow that says Guaranteed for ten years not to rust”, and it rusts in 6 months, dont you expect something behind those words?

Old 11-16-2018, 05:04 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I just can't understand why someone would pay for Prime - in all the yrs. I've ordered things (granted not daily like some apparently) - I get things 99% of the time with a couple days.
Prime Now, the shows, the free reading, stc.

Old 11-16-2018, 07:03 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,336,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
The UPS agent told me that for weekend delivery Amazon is supposed to send it 2nd day air. The Ground guarantee applies to weekdays only, she said they don’t deliver Ground packages on weekends.

I talked to two different agents and neither said anything about refundi g me shipping or anything else. I asked what the guarantee means a dozen times between the two of them. If it weas refunding of shipping cost why did neither of them answer my question nor offer to do just that? There is actually nothing behind the guarantee.
Amazon Prime does not guarantee weekend delivery on all items nationwide. Some items are only delivered on business days, particularly some bulky items. Availability of weekend delivery on specific items can vary based on the delivery address. Seller-fulfilled Prime items also do not require weekend delivery.

Old 11-16-2018, 07:19 PM

12,971 posts, read 9,495,132 times
Ayush really knows how to beat around the bush. He'll probably get a raise considering the way he handled your issue.

I too have Prime, and I've only had a couple of things that didn't meet the guaranteed delivery date, but they didn't have the impact that your delay did so I basically ignored it. Perhaps I shouldn't have.

Old 11-16-2018, 07:24 PM

12,971 posts, read 9,495,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I just can't understand why someone would pay for Prime - in all the yrs. I've ordered things (granted not daily like some apparently) - I get things 99% of the time with a couple days.
You get several things other than "free" 2-day shipping, like movies, Made-for-Prime series, convenience. I mostly have it for the convenience, and I think I save a bit on shipping overall since I order quite a few things from Amazon. I think Prime really plays to thier advantage however, since most "members" probably order thing they might not otherwise.

Old 11-16-2018, 07:51 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,045,846 times
I pay the prime fee, and most, but not all of the items I order arrive in two days. I try not to order things that I absolutely must have in two days.

I do find that prime speeds the delivery time considerably, and I like the other benefits as well.

When things aren’t delivered in two days, I simply fill out the complaint form, they give me a free month, and I get on with my day.

I get about 4 free months a year, so prime effectively costs me about $80-90 annually as a result.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products