Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 08:38 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Sorry you’re just plain wrong about the guarantee and the link. If it were refunding of anything, pretty sure they would have told me that in any case.
You didn't pay extra for shipping, so there was nothing to refund. If you had payed extra for one-day shipping, and it didn't arrive on time, then they would have refunded you the one-day shipping price.

If you have a different link explaining what the guaranteed shipping is, then link it.

Quote:
If you buy a wheelbarrow that says Guaranteed for ten years not to rust”, and it rusts in 6 months, dont you expect something behind those words?
If the wheelbarrow wasn't what I expected it to be, I would return it.

If Prime wasn't working out for me, I would cancel my membership.

Or if it was just an occasional issue, I would ask for a credit... Which is what you got.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2018, 08:39 PM

1,066 posts, read 629,469 times
Odd, when I complain like you, they usually give me a large credit. now I have spent over 50,000 on amazon over last 10 years, but still. I would call next time, I never chat. the people on phone are probably more personable. They've messed my orders up and just told me to keep them and refunded me hundreds back. Crazy really

Old 11-16-2018, 08:55 PM

50,768 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
Amazon Prime does not guarantee weekend delivery on all items nationwide. Some items are only delivered on business days, particularly some bulky items. Availability of weekend delivery on specific items can vary based on the delivery address. Seller-fulfilled Prime items also do not require weekend delivery.
I’m not stupid, I needed it in two days, of course I picked an item that said “guaranteed delivery Saturday Nov 10th if you order by...”. I ordered well in advance of that time, and both agents acknowledged it was late. The first one told me it was UPS fault, then UPS told me Amazon mid/shipped it, then the second agent confirmed that.

Old 11-16-2018, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Ayush really knows how to beat around the bush. He'll probably get a raise considering the way he handled your issue.

I too have Prime, and I've only had a couple of things that didn't meet the guaranteed delivery date, but they didn't have the impact that your delay did so I basically ignored it. Perhaps I shouldn't have.
That’s funny, I thought it was a girl’s name, lol. Yes she/he was a good dancer, as was the first agent. I could not believe they wouldn’t answer such a basic and direct question and how deftly they deflected.

Old 11-16-2018, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
I pay the prime fee, and most, but not all of the items I order arrive in two days. I try not to order things that I absolutely must have in two days.

I do find that prime speeds the delivery time considerably, and I like the other benefits as well.

When things aren’t delivered in two days, I simply fill out the complaint form, they give me a free month, and I get on with my day.

I get about 4 free months a year, so prime effectively costs me about $80-90 annually as a result.
I didn’t know anything about a free month, and neither agent said anything about it. Where is that form?

Old 11-16-2018, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
You didn't pay extra for shipping, so there was nothing to refund. If you had payed extra for one-day shipping, and it didn't arrive on time, then they would have refunded you the one-day shipping price.

If you have a different link explaining what the guaranteed shipping is, then link it.

If the wheelbarrow wasn't what I expected it to be, I would return it.

If Prime wasn't working out for me, I would cancel my membership.

Or if it was just an occasional issue, I would ask for a credit... Which is what you got.
OMG. NO Prime member pays for shipping, yet Prime items for Prime members only say “Guaranteed “ delivery in two days. So again, if iit refers to shipping fees being refunded, yet Prime members don’t pay shipping fees, then I am right, there is no guarantee in reality, they don’t stand behind the words at all.Good grief you are making my point for me and you don’t even see it.

Old 11-16-2018, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin View Post
Odd, when I complain like you, they usually give me a large credit. now I have spent over 50,000 on amazon over last 10 years, but still. I would call next time, I never chat. the people on phone are probably more personable. They've messed my orders up and just told me to keep them and refunded me hundreds back. Crazy really
I too have spent thousands over the years. I think you’re right, I will try that next time, thanks! I have also had good results with refunds, this was a new one for me and again when you read how they just would not give me any kind of answer, it just blew me away to realize that the guaranteed delivery part of Prime is actually a sham.

Old 11-16-2018, 09:54 PM

914 posts, read 642,700 times
The shipping has been taking way too long this past 12 months. I asked about the guarantee and they say they guarantee two business days once it has shipped. So it might take Amazon 3 days to pack it up and send it to the shipping department. Prime is so not worth it and I predict Amazon will fail someday soon due to this shipping fiasco and poor quality in more and more Chinese fulfillers . Didn't Bezos even state that recently?

Old 11-16-2018, 11:26 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,449,930 times
that entire chat log was a fiasco!

What a bunch of cookie cutter responses delivered to you...sad really.

I cannot justify getting in a dander when its logistics of delivery....

We recently incurred a storm....and packages were halted for the safety of the drivers. Did I chose that Guarantee as the hill I wanted to die on? Nah. Life and the planning are open to change.

Plan and prepare....

Old 11-16-2018, 11:44 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,495,141 times
Prime is a joke. 2 day delivery is a joke. They often say it's 2 day delivery, but it won't be shipped for 4 - 6 days - then it will only take 2 days from the date of shipping, etc. Total joke.

And everything else is nickel and dime. Prime video - so you want to watch a 20 year old movie? That's an additional $2.99 to watch it. So, you want to watch that TV series? Well, that's on Starz, so that will be an additional $10/month, on and on.

I let my Prime membership go, and don't miss it. I pay for PBS passport right now for $5/month to watch Masterpiece Theater shows that Prime wants to charge me a lot more for. And, if you remember to watch them every week, you can even watch the shows for free on pbs.org.

I just either pay the shipping charge for things I buy on Amazon that I can't get from Walmart, or I wait to buy something that's at least $35 to get free shipping.

But, I don't think the membership fee is worth it. It was just such a source of irritation to me, that I let it go, and I'm happier buying things without the membership now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products