Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2018, 10:08 AM

15,419 posts, read 9,069,314 times

Advertisements

OK does anybody have experience with DHL tracking? Here is the tracking so far. The package departed New Delhi, India, was transferred through Liepzig, Germany, and cleared customs in Cincinnati, Ohio all in one day. Mad props to DHL. I have never seen an international shipment move that fast. Usually customs clearance takes days or even a week. But anyway that is when things got messed up. The next day the tracking showed: "The shipment is being held and not expected to be moved or delivered on time due to a Force Majeure event with Weather". OK fair enough there was a bad ice storm in Ohio, and I guess the DHL flights were grounded. Anyway the package departed Cincinnati 24 hours later, and arrived in Portland, Oregon. Yesterday and again today, it is showing: "Forwarded for delivery". I'm guessing that means handed off to the USPS. Because I know my DHL packages are always delivered by the post office. But I tried to put the tracking number into USPS tracking and it just shows, "Status Not Available".

So anyway I'm trying to figure out if my package is still on time. It's still showing estimated delivery by Monday end of day, but it also said that it was not expected to be delivered on time due to the weather. I wish I could figure out how to track where it is now. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2018, 06:13 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,587,588 times
Check your front porch. USPS delivers packages to your door on Sunday.

Old 11-18-2018, 07:01 PM

61,694 posts, read 87,077,794 times
Deutsche Post DHL is the world's largest logistics company operating around the world, particularly in sea and air mail.
DHL Express serves over 500 airports in Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa and approximately 50 in the U.S.
The Leipzig Hub is an industry-leading air facility with state-of-the-art technology and throughput of 2,000 tonnes per night.
Most of the parcels will go through there.
DHL Express is just very fast.
DHL | Export Services | English

UPS delivers DHL parcels in the US. That's their deal.
I guess its very hard to track the parcel from that point.
https://www.forbes.com/2008/05/28/up...markets23.html
I missed the news that DHL is back in the US. Not clear who is handling the local deliveries.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/dhl-ste...dex-1521147667

You can track your package or contact them at DHL-US here
http://www.dhl-usa.com/en/express/tracking.html
Or try DHL ExpresSMS

Last edited by elnina; 11-18-2018 at 07:33 PM..

Old 11-19-2018, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Deutsche Post DHL is the world's largest logistics company operating around the world, particularly in sea and air mail.
DHL Express serves over 500 airports in Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa and approximately 50 in the U.S.
The Leipzig Hub is an industry-leading air facility with state-of-the-art technology and throughput of 2,000 tonnes per night.
Most of the parcels will go through there.
DHL Express is just very fast.
DHL | Export Services | English

UPS delivers DHL parcels in the US. That's their deal.
I guess its very hard to track the parcel from that point.
https://www.forbes.com/2008/05/28/up...markets23.html
I missed the news that DHL is back in the US. Not clear who is handling the local deliveries.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/dhl-ste...dex-1521147667

You can track your package or contact them at DHL-US here
Tracking, Track Parcels, Packages, Shipments | DHL Express Tracking
Or try DHL ExpresSMS
Thanks, the last tracking was Friday, November 16, 2018 23:26, Forwarded for delivery, Location: Portland, OR USA. I believe that means it was handed off to the USPS in Portland, but the tracking number is still not showing up on the USPS website. I also just tried it on UPS, but that didn't work either. It's still showing Estimated Delivery: Monday, November 19, 2018 By End of Day. I guess I'll just have to wait and see if it actually gets delivered on Monday.

Old 11-19-2018, 04:13 PM

I didn't think it was actually going to arrive today, but it did. It looks like the post office was just sitting on it from Friday night. And DHL seems to be trying to make it look like they delivered it themselves. So they just show all USPS updates as Forwarded for Delivery and finally Delivered. I wish they would just provide the USPS tracking number, then I would have known exactly where it was and when it was going to get here. The post office tells me to within two hours of when they are going to deliver it. This way I didn't know anything after it arrived in Portland.

Old 10-22-2021, 01:00 PM

12,386 posts, read 8,146,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Check your front porch. USPS delivers packages to your door on Sunday.
Typically just Amazon packages. Although now in districts without enough carriers to deliver everywhere 6 days a week as mandated you will see regular deliveries of letters on Sundays as units attempt to work off their back loads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products