Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 06:53 AM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times

Advertisements

I'll personally be doing some online CLOTHING shopping. Deals just aren't on Black Friday or Cyber Monday anymore. Now it seems to be all week, so which DAY is the best day to get what you want at the LOWEST price? Is each retailer different, which I assume so?

What's your "game plan"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2018, 07:14 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,117,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post

What's your "game plan"?
Game plan? Ha! My "game plan" is to avoid the whole thing! I'm not joining the hordes of maniacs who trample each other to buy a stripped down version of something they can't really afford.

FWIW, did you know that many products, especially electronics that are stocked up for black Friday are actually stripped down models? They look like the one they are comparing the regular price to, but they aren't really the same thing...they are missing many features.

Old 11-20-2018, 12:31 PM

^ Good to know about electronics, I never heard that. I'm personally doing some online shopping so I won't be anywhere near that madness of the stores!

Old 11-20-2018, 11:14 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,117,145 times
Quote:
^ Good to know about electronics, I never heard that. I'm personally doing some online shopping so I won't be anywhere near that madness of the stores!
I had a Walmart manager let me in on that little secret once when I was in the back dock delivering groceries....It's probably not something they want people knowing.

Old 11-20-2018, 11:22 PM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Just do some serious research and focus on the REAL great deals and forget the bad ones:
https://bestblackfriday.com/blog/the...rget-best-buy/

https://www.bfads.net/Worst-Black-Friday-2018-Deals
https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonk...box-ps4-deals/

Old 11-20-2018, 11:37 PM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Quote:
It's true and every great purchase should be preceded by a good research.
https://www.cnet.com/how-to/cheap-bl...esh-rate-hdmi/
Black Friday sales are usually on older models and are often the same deal as last year. These products would probably have gone on sale anyway. And some items are made specifically for Black Friday and are lower quality.

Old 11-21-2018, 07:42 AM

Thanks a lot about the Black Friday tips so far, guys! I tell you, you can't get something of any good quality w/o paying for it, that's for sure! People can't even get a good deal on ONE day of the year!

Thank God I have NO need to get any kind of electronics & if I did, I won't go through the hassle & stress of being in a tizzy to try to find the best deal.

So far, I just plan to buy some clothing (ONLINE ONLY) from:

- Nordstrom
- Nordstrom Rack
- New York & Co.

- Macy's maybe
- Express maybe

Old 11-21-2018, 09:30 AM

9,496 posts, read 9,804,183 times
You should be able to get almost all of the deals online. Usually starting earlier Thursday morning.

The mass hordes of people going out on BF has been declining steadily the past decade. So if you do want to venture out, I don't think it will be as bad as some think.

Old 11-21-2018, 02:41 PM

7,593 posts, read 6,080,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
You should be able to get almost all of the deals online. Usually starting earlier Thursday morning.

The mass hordes of people going out on BF has been declining steadily the past decade. So if you do want to venture out, I don't think it will be as bad as some think.
Pretty Much it

I have already bought everything I plan to buy online already.

I do like going out on Black Friday, one there are always a few good deals around, especially KOHLS and two, my act of going out seems to have placed a perpetual Convolvulus arvensis into the distal alimentary tract openings of several people I know.
Now granted, most people do not care if someone else goes out and shops on Friday morning. But leave it to me to know a few friends and relatives that cannot stand the idea of going out shopping. Nor can they stand the idea that I like to go out and shop.
So much of the fun is sending them pictures, text messages, and Emails about my exploits through the day.

Old 11-21-2018, 03:12 PM

19,013 posts, read 14,188,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
are actually stripped down models...
Did you forget the Sweeping generalization flag on?

Models aren't 'stripped down,' so much as they are formats that cannot be easily upgraded.
For example, an HP Laptop might come with 4 GB DRAM, but there's an upgrade socket to add more.
Whereas, a BF HP Laptop might not have the upgrade socket, which saves $$$ over a large product run. But it still has 4 GB DRAM. No bits are stripped off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products