Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 01:58 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,086,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
OMG, I'm gonna fwd. all their email and catalogs to you.

Lol, I still haven’t received a single acknowledgement or any catalogs. I did however receive a Lillian Vernon catalog that I requested that same evening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2018, 02:35 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,086,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkiforniainHouston View Post
I'm so tempted to sign up for one of their catalogues - one of my favorite pastimes is browsing the holiday edition of the Swiss Colony catalogue!!

I'm too afraid they'll never stop though
Yes agree.

Old 12-01-2018, 10:43 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
I'd love to get their catalogs.

Old 12-02-2018, 10:53 PM

156 posts, read 440,245 times
I enjoy looking at their catalogs, but their products (along with Figis) are way overpriced for what they are. Their cheese and sausage are actually pretty good for fake processed crap, but definitely not worth what they charge. The pictures in the catalogs always make it look bigger than what it is. Very deceiving. I was given a $30 german chocolate cheesecake from them a few years ago. For that price you'd think it would be like eating a piece of heaven. Nope. It was just ok. Personally, I would've preferred a $3 box of No Bake Jello cheesecake.

Old 04-13-2021, 12:17 PM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times
I think my grandson is co-op ing at Swiss Colony this summer. He’s a marketing major. I’ll put in a word for y’all.

Old 04-13-2021, 04:53 PM

8,067 posts, read 4,741,997 times
Find out if their CEO has a social media presence and send him/her a tweet or whatever in the same vein as the title of this thread. Not a private note---it has to be something that the whole internet might see. Ideally he or she would have a Twitter account where you can plead your case and essentially shame them into getting their employees in the mail room to finally act on your requests to be removed from mailing lists. Take the war to the enemy! A little bit of shame can go a long way to motivate these people to give you what you want (no more spam) and give them what they want (to stop their public embarrassment).

Old 04-17-2021, 03:29 PM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mej1 View Post
I enjoy looking at their catalogs, but their products (along with Figis) are way overpriced for what they are. Their cheese and sausage are actually pretty good for fake processed crap, but definitely not worth what they charge. The pictures in the catalogs always make it look bigger than what it is. Very deceiving. I was given a $30 german chocolate cheesecake from them a few years ago. For that price you'd think it would be like eating a piece of heaven. Nope. It was just ok. Personally, I would've preferred a $3 box of No Bake Jello cheesecake.
Those type of catalogs are like happy holiday memories for me. As a kid my father worked as a sales manager for an outdoor equipment company i.e. lawnmowers and weed trimmer‘s and that kind of thing. And it Christmas his clients would send us those sort of gifts. Swiss colony, Hickory farms, I think somebody did Harry and David one year.

And because we sort of lived in a rural-ish area, the delivery person would leave us a card and we’d have to drive to the post office to pick it up. Which was about a 15-20 minute drive away. And we’d go to the post office and pick up a few of them at a time because my father would wait until we had a couple of those notices. And he like to wait because every year we had a Christmas Eve party. And all those cheese crocks and crackers and candies and stuff like that and those sausages !! were great to put out as hors d’oeuvres for the party!

So essentially all they had to do is buy the booze and the mixers. And these lawn and garden centers, even though they were small business people, bought the huge big expensive gift trays. And yeah, those are serious money. Although if they’re buying in bulk the prices to come down, and it probably was a write off back then, too.

And even the lawn equipment makers got in on it and they sent those kind of gifts! So we usually got seven or eight of those things a year from different companies.

So we didn’t just put it all out for the Christmas party, because my mom like to make the Swedish meatballs, and the amazing cheese ball that she used to make that tasted like cigarette ashes. And yes apparently I know what cigarette ashes taste like because according to my sister, when I was little, she used to let me eat the ashes out of ashtrays. It was cream cheese and sharp cheese mixed together very well and rolled in minced chipped beef. And nuts — there were nuts involved.

So usually the Saturday after Daddy picked up some of these things, we’d hold a Christmas movie night and snack on this stuff and give everything a try because there was so much, that there wasn’t gonna be a chance that we weren’t going to be eating this through February anyway, even if we did have 40 people at the party.

So yeah as weird as it is, and really do enjoy those stupid catalogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products