Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 01:27 PM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times

Advertisements

Trying to get a sense of what is going on here. Obviously I'm suspicious.

Yesterday o received a random package from Walmart.com. As far as I know I dont even have an account there. It was a pack of pens. I've never ordered pens in my life.

I checked my cards and I have no charges to walmart or anywhere I don't recognize.

Any current scams to be aware of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2019, 01:39 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,589 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Sounds like someone put the wrong address on the package.

Old 01-25-2019, 01:49 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,589 posts, read 17,927,273 times
So this is interesting!

Apparently it's a "thing" from Amazon, maybe it's affecting Walmart too.

Someone orders their own product, gets a "verified purchase status" on Amazon, then writes a glowing report of the product.

Maybe that's what happened to you. Happy free pens!

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/amazon-...y-didnt-order/

Old 01-25-2019, 05:28 PM

Just got a second package I didn't order.

Nerf Gun.

Invoice has "sold to" listed as "57sarah 6rosenburg". Numbers included.

Ship to address is mine

Last edited by BostonMike7; 01-25-2019 at 05:53 PM..

Old 01-25-2019, 08:50 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Just got a second package I didn't order.

Nerf Gun.

Invoice has "sold to" listed as "57sarah 6rosenburg". Numbers included.

Ship to address is mine
They're very specific on the requirements of a password, yet they let that kind of name be entered into the name field? And that name somehow matches a payment method? Yeah, that is strange....

But I do think it's what ClaraC posted about. That was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the thread title.

Or have you ordered other items online recently? I once ordered a DVD from Best Buy, but when I opened the package it was a different DVD with an invoice from Target. My tracking from Best Buy showed that my package was delivered, so somehow there was a mix up at the distribution center that Target and Best Buy shared. It was weird. Best Buy sent me a new DVD. Target was supposed to send me a shipping return label, but never did. And that is how I came to own Yo Gabba Gabba goes to the Dentist.

Old 01-26-2019, 06:31 AM

4,723 posts, read 4,413,722 times
Not to rile you up,,,,,,but long story.... it turned out that our house address was being used for fraudulent purchases ( I phones!!) . We had noticed a car outside our house when the house was for sale. Our first thought was maybe a realtor or prospective buyer, and didn't think more of it. We saw the car again, and then happened to see someone on our front steps. We ran to the door, and the guy was picking up a package. He said oh oh my package came to your house it's a mistake. Believe it or not, my husband grabbed the package from him ( I called 911) and the guy ran away. The package was addressed to some random name (not us) at our address.
We suspect it had been going on more, or maybe this was a test as they can track when package will be delivered.
That package was just shirts from a dept store.
Later though we found a package left by our garage from SPRINT. It turned out to be I phones. After all was said and done, it appears that they actually did order and get a few I phones.

So I guess just pay attention to your front door.
The police eventually found the perp as he sped away but we had the license #.

Old 01-26-2019, 07:01 AM

Ok. Just to reupdate. The nerf gun is legitimate. My wife ordered it on a different Amazon account and it wasn't due until next week. That plus the fact that it showed up in a walmart box threw us off.

Pens are still unknown. No clue where they came from. No invoice. Never ordered

I have a PO number from the label so I'll call on Monday to see what happened

Last edited by BostonMike7; 01-26-2019 at 08:05 AM..

Old 04-30-2019, 11:45 AM

1 posts, read 53,085 times
Pretty bizarre, I just happened to be checking my checking account due to a payroll snafu at work, and notice a random $80 charge for Walmart.com from about an hour before this morning (4/30/19). As I've been sitting in front of the PC working all morning I obviously didn't order an accessory kit for a food processor I never heard of.

I was able to cancel the Walmart order in time, and change various account information... but since you may be the one getting charged, triple check your payment methods for suspicious purchases.

Old 04-30-2019, 02:58 PM

8,712 posts, read 6,751,934 times
Maybe you could modify the Nerf Gun to shoot pens. You know, mightier than the sword, all that.

Old 05-07-2019, 06:56 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,004,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Ok. Just to reupdate. The nerf gun is legitimate. My wife ordered it on a different Amazon account and it wasn't due until next week. That plus the fact that it showed up in a walmart box threw us off.

Pens are still unknown. No clue where they came from. No invoice. Never ordered

I have a PO number from the label so I'll call on Monday to see what happened
If you look on Amazon you’ll see that they have different sellers... Wal Mart.com is one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products