Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2022, 02:50 AM

10,611 posts, read 12,123,920 times

Advertisements

If $500 is your budget for a queen, I don't see many options. But good luck.
The home shopping channels sell mattresses, that they'll deliver and take away your current mattress. Maybe you could see what they have, Go to a store to try it out. And just order it from the home shopping channel. But budget could still be an issue.

A family member got one of those buy online-come in a box mattresses. I sat and laid on it and it felt OK to me.

And I've slept on a mattress from Mattress Firm. But sorry I don't recall the make. It was foam I think it was the Sleepy's brand, but can't be sure. But also, it was only a twin and it was about $500.

But as others have said. A person really needs to lay on the mattress and try it out personally. Or take the chance they'll get it and not like it. Then there's the hassle of returning or exchanging it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2022, 05:14 AM

2,157 posts, read 1,443,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetz View Post
Looking for new queen mattress. Reasonably priced. Looking for one with little movement so when we move in bed or get out of bed my husband and I aren’t disturbing the other. Crazy how much to pick from. Looking for something also with little smell.
You can pay very little for a new mattress. Returned mattresses (Unused) are a pain in the butt for resellers. I found a spectacular one from Facebook Marketplace, and it was priced far less than in the store. Reseller was interested in pawning several off to me to resell, but I didn't want to tie up my space on a bulky heavy item that I would be desperate to get rid of.

Old 02-28-2022, 06:48 AM

50,367 posts, read 63,948,892 times
We got our king size gel foam from Walmart for $178. on sale. It’s this brand, but not the exact same one. We figured if we didn’t like it we’d just pitch it, but it’s been fine. It comes in a box, but once to un package it it’s very heavy and cumbersome. Forget about returning it, it would be nearly impossible.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Spa-Sensa...5?athbdg=L1600

Last edited by gentlearts; 02-28-2022 at 06:58 AM..

Old 04-10-2022, 05:48 PM

2,612 posts, read 928,732 times
Anyone have any experience with Molecule brand mattress?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products