Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2020, 04:03 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Yes but they did not know there was going to be an open register in there ahead of time.
All the more reason why it makes sense that they too were looking at Christmas clearence, and opted to check out at the open register at the exit instead of walking all the way back to the other side of the store.

I don't know why that would be something to be embarrassed by. It's Walmart. You should be expecting to wait in a line when you check out. There is no reason for anyone to be embarrassed by a line behind them, especially since you claim there were other open registers elsewhere that people could have gone to if they didn't want to wait in line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2020, 04:41 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
I agree with ocnjgirl on this one.

The register in the garden center has no conveyor belt for a reason, it is not meant to check out a cart full of groceries.

And then there is this.....if you have no problem putting groceries that are going to go into your cupboards and refridgerators, placed on your kitchen table and counters, on the same counter where potted plants have left small crumbs of dirt and cow manure....have at it.

Old 01-03-2020, 05:49 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,095,582 times
Quote:
"No judgement but it surprises me so many do this and see it so differently."
No judgment?

Seems like judgment to me.

Old 01-03-2020, 07:59 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
I’m not really complaining...
Really?

Quote:
I thought this was rude...
Quote:
...I know there’s no law against it or no official rules, I just felt it was nervy and selfish...
Quote:
...I don’t have a problem standing in line and f the cart was filled with garden center products I wouldn’t have had issue at all. But there was only one register out there.

...My idea of store etiquette extends to all.
What difference does it make if the cart was full of garden items or full of non garden items? Who cares.

By the way, take it up with the "rude" Wal-Mart workers who have told me, in the past, to use the garden section register since I was already nearer to it than the main ones.

In other words, Wal-Mart doesn't care, why should you?

Old 01-03-2020, 08:08 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
Probably parked by the garden center.

Old 01-03-2020, 08:50 PM

10,896 posts, read 7,389,984 times
It's just another register, like most others in the store. But checking out your entire shopping cart in pharmacy is just plain rude, especially when the line is nearly out the door like it was today. In that case, you're preventing one of the few pharmacists from doing the most important part of his/her job, and delaying people who can't just go to another register.

Yeah, I'm talking about you, skinny guy with the giant stuffed Yoda in his cart!

Old 01-03-2020, 09:00 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
And then there is this.....if you have no problem putting groceries that are going to go into your cupboards and refridgerators, placed on your kitchen table and counters, on the same counter where potted plants have left small crumbs of dirt and cow manure....have at it.
Are you in for a surprise when you find out where your fruits and vegetables came from!

Old 01-03-2020, 09:31 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Are you in for a surprise when you find out where your fruits and vegetables came from!
I wash my fruits and vegetables. Do you wash your Cheerio's box before you put it on the table?

Why worry about the cat walking on the kitchen table?.....the table already has e-coli on it from your box of cereal. Microscopic pieces of cow manure in your cupboard, on your counter, on your kitchen table courtesy of that box of cereal you put on the counter while checking out in the Garden Center.

Fun things to think about huh?

Old 01-03-2020, 09:34 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I wash my fruits and vegetables. Do you wash your Cheerio's box before you put it on the table?

Why worry about the cat walking on the kitchen table?.....the table already has e-coli on it from your box of cereal. Microscopic pieces of cow manure in your cupboard, on your counter, on your kitchen table courtesy of that box of cereal you put on the counter while checking out in the Garden Center.

Fun things to think about huh?
Actually, yes, I do. I wipe down all of the stuff I get from the store. I'm less concerned about the soil that might touch a box of cereal than I am about all of the filthy fricken people who have touched said box before I got to it. Imagine, at some point in your life, you have touched something that someone else touched after they went to the bathroom without washing their hands...and then you put that in your house.

Fun things to think about, huh?

Old 01-04-2020, 06:39 AM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,789 posts, read 4,154,552 times
I'm with the OP on this one. Those garden area registers have no conveyor, and just a very small area for processing purchases. It is obviously not designed to accommodate the processing of a cart full of groceries/smaller items. I can't understand why so many people here can't figure that out, and think it's OK simply because there is no sign explicitly saying customers can't do that. I guess courtesy and common sense really are becoming rarer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products