Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2020, 01:56 AM

4,483 posts, read 9,287,800 times

Advertisements

I might use Walmart's pickup service for the first time soon, and I have questions for those who use it.

1. Do I need a smartphone? I do have a flip-phone and can receive a text.
2. Once the items are collected, are the dairy and frozen items kept cold?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2020, 11:26 AM

10,888 posts, read 7,370,074 times
a text enabled flip phone should be enough.
I assume you're shopping on your computer.

I have my first pickup today. I hope they keep the frozen food cold!

Old 03-19-2020, 11:51 AM

1,751 posts, read 1,348,547 times
I use it and I have a smartphone, but I have turned off texts, so they don't text me. They do email me (as I'm sure they do with everyone) that they've received my order, and then again when it's ready. Frankly, I don't think you need a phone at all to do it.

I've never asked about the cold items, but I can attest that they come out of the store cold.

Currently, it's completely unavailable in my area, but I'm glad to see steiconi was able to place an order.

Give it a shot. It's really easy, and free, so why not?

Old 03-20-2020, 04:33 AM

9 posts, read 2,894 times
yes, you need a smart phone and yes frozen items keep cold.

Old 03-20-2020, 02:47 PM

1,751 posts, read 1,348,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalwaiter View Post
yes, you need a smart phone and yes frozen items keep cold.

I don't think that's true. As I stated, I get emails about orders. No texts. I often use the phone app to order, but also use the internet on my computer.

Why do you think a smart phone is necessary?

Old 03-22-2020, 08:27 AM

93 posts, read 54,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sll3454 View Post
I might use Walmart's pickup service for the first time soon, and I have questions for those who use it.

Thanks.
I've been using Walmart order online/pickup at store for months now. Never had a problem. If you get email on your phone that's all you need. They will tell you when the order was recieved, pickup time and let you know when it's ready for pickup. Cold and frozen are kept in fridge and freezers till pickup and that's never been a problem either. It has been a godsend for me since I have health issues that make it hard to shop inside for any length of time. At this time, though, they are out of stock on many things so get your orders in ASAP. Also, when you go to pickup be prepared for a wait. It seems everybody is jumping on this bandwagon. The other day it took me nearly an hour to get through.

Old 03-24-2020, 05:57 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,276,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sll3454 View Post

Thanks.

You don't need a smartphone but, you do need a phone to call them once you've arrived. Either that or let an associate know you are waiting.

The items are kept cool but, in my experience never cold cold. The ice cream is cool enough for you to run home and put it in the freezer.

Old 03-25-2020, 10:02 AM

50,721 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBratII View Post
I've been using Walmart order online/pickup at store for months now. Never had a problem. If you get email on your phone that's all you need. They will tell you when the order was recieved, pickup time and let you know when it's ready for pickup. Cold and frozen are kept in fridge and freezers till pickup and that's never been a problem either. It has been a godsend for me since I have health issues that make it hard to shop inside for any length of time. At this time, though, they are out of stock on many things so get your orders in ASAP. Also, when you go to pickup be prepared for a wait. It seems everybody is jumping on this bandwagon. The other day it took me nearly an hour to get through.
But if you don’t have a smart phone, you can just stay at home until you know that the order is done and then go pick it up. Unless I’m already out and about, I usually wait until I know it’s done before I go. Especially now, when so many people are using it, they are probably not able to be as timely as they were before.

Old 03-25-2020, 07:11 PM

17,633 posts, read 22,626,536 times
I don't have a smartphone. We have been buying our groceries/some other goods online from our nearest Walmart Supercenter since last summer.
I have 2/3 coolers/ice chests in the back of my jeep for my Walmart shopper to use for cold frig/freezer items. I haven't had any problems.
I order online. I pick a day & time for me to pickup groceries.
I park in a specified spot at the store. I call the # telling them I am here & what # parking space i'm in.
My Walmart shopper comes out & loads my groceries in my Jeep. I don't even have to get out of my jeep, so you aren't close to anyone. Since Coronavirus, I heard you don't even need to sign for your order.
This is the best thing since sliced bread. It has made shopping much easier & quicker... I love it.
We buy our groceries about once a month,/6weeks. We live out in the country.

Old 03-26-2020, 02:17 AM

93 posts, read 54,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
I don't have a smartphone. We have been buying our groceries/some other goods online from our nearest Walmart Supercenter since last summer.
I have 2/3 coolers/ice chests in the back of my jeep for my Walmart shopper to use for cold frig/freezer items. I haven't had any problems.
I order online. I pick a day & time for me to pickup groceries.
I park in a specified spot at the store. I call the # telling them I am here & what # parking space i'm in.
My Walmart shopper comes out & loads my groceries in my Jeep. I don't even have to get out of my jeep, so you aren't close to anyone. Since Coronavirus, I heard you don't even need to sign for your order.
This is the best thing since sliced bread. It has made shopping much easier & quicker... I love it.
We buy our groceries about once a month,/6weeks. We live out in the country.
I love it too. It's the best thing Walmart has done for ME! I go every two weeks and did, last week. I always start a new order after a week and it's amazing how many things are "not is stock". Things that you'd never think of like brown sugar? And no bags of onions either. Yesterday I was up to a $50 order and this morning it was down to $30 due to cancellations. I am stocked up well enough I can wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products