Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2020, 09:20 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,912,608 times

Advertisements

Not sure where UPS went off the tracks, but our company dropped its UPS account and now we are forced to ship everything via FedEx ground. Must have offered to ship things for two cents less, so our bean counters jumped all over it! Anyway, they are HORRIBLE! Worse than USPS in my opinion.

I hope the account rep for UPS realizes that they need to negotiate a new deal with our company and they can win the business back in a heartbeat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2020, 12:35 PM

6,114 posts, read 4,606,165 times
I haven't really had any major problems with their deliveries.

My biggest complaint is that I wish they (along with Fed Ex) would be more cautious about not parking in dangerous "no parking" locations, where they block the view of oncoming traffic where you're trying to pull out of a driveway, or having to go around them in the wrong lane, parking in front of hydrants, etc. I think they think they're exempt from parking safety rules, and there may be some truth with that in the amount of slack they're given in enforcement even if that's not the "official" law.

I appreciate what they do but they need some serious improvement with this.

Old 05-17-2020, 03:52 PM

12,386 posts, read 8,146,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
I haven't really had any major problems with their deliveries.

My biggest complaint is that I wish they (along with Fed Ex) would be more cautious about not parking in dangerous "no parking" locations, where they block the view of oncoming traffic where you're trying to pull out of a driveway, or having to go around them in the wrong lane, parking in front of hydrants, etc. I think they think they're exempt from parking safety rules, and there may be some truth with that in the amount of slack they're given in enforcement even if that's not the "official" law.

I appreciate what they do but they need some serious improvement with this.
Neither they or the USPS are exempt but local parking enforcement do give all of them some consideration.

The postal service gives out a reoccurring message that if someone hits one of our illegally parked trucks the service is responsible to which carriers rightfully ask do you expect us to push every route out from the station from a cart. The only way around would be planning on buying parking spaces and guarding them to make sure they stay open, on every street on the route to avoiding hiring back the 250,000 workers let go from peak employment levels as they would be needed to walk from legal parking spaces to delivery points in crowded cities.

Old 05-17-2020, 07:51 PM

416 posts, read 534,823 times
In the past the USPS delivered our mail to a PO Box in the wrong town for over 90 days before it got resolved. Fed-Ex kept taking our packages on a tour of big city for 10 days to 2 weeks before we finally got them. UPS used to bring us crushed boxes. Lately all 3 have been ok except for this time where UPS keeps sending a delivery date (until 9pm) and then it`s a no show. Happening to others around here too so at least this time it`s not personal.

Old 05-18-2020, 11:37 AM

10,890 posts, read 7,382,548 times
I'm up to three "delayed" packages; one from a week ago still has no new delivery date. It's probably buried beneath a week's worth of parcels.

The others (due last Wednesday and Friday) are supposedly being delivered today. I won't hold my breath.

Old 05-18-2020, 12:19 PM

416 posts, read 534,823 times
Every few hours UPS changes the status from we are almost there to we are in a tour of the valley status to now they have it on a map tour. Small town here. There is only one daily UPS truck on Mon-Fri. No way anyone is around here after dark doing deliveries. Fed-Ex has 2 to 3 trucks 7 days a week. Which one should we use?

Old 05-19-2020, 02:44 PM

10,890 posts, read 7,382,548 times
Woohoo! UPS came, delivered the package that was supposed to arrive 9 days ago, and picked up the one going out.

Still waiting on two more deliveries from last week, but progress feels good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products