Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2020, 09:25 AM

263 posts, read 93,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Only when third-party sellers have relinquished control by participating/enrolling in FBA.
I am not an FBA Seller making this untrue

Again, Amazon is controlling the price
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2020, 09:36 AM

4,663 posts, read 4,549,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organic_donna View Post
Have you watched The Marvelous Mrs. Mazel on Amazon Prime? I loved it so much I am watching it twice?
I just started that show and it's pretty good. I'm also looking forward to more of The Expanse, Jack Ryan and The Boys. I think Amazon does a pretty good job of adding reasons for me to stay in their ecosystem.

Old 06-12-2020, 02:04 PM

8,667 posts, read 3,868,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomii View Post
I am not an FBA Seller making this untrue

Again, Amazon is controlling the price
Just to clarify - you're stating you are an AMZN third-party seller who is not enrolled in FBA; and yet, you claim your merchandise is controlled by AMZN's pricing algorithm?

Old 06-12-2020, 05:11 PM

2,596 posts, read 2,289,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zero View Post
I just started that show and it's pretty good. I'm also looking forward to more of The Expanse, Jack Ryan and The Boys. I think Amazon does a pretty good job of adding reasons for me to stay in their ecosystem.
I love Prime Video, free shipping and the Prime discounts at Whole Foods. Prime pays for itself just on my grocery bill. I think there is Prime music too, but I haven’t looked into that. I subscribed to Prime because of the COVID virus. Amazon delivered my groceries from Whole Foods to my door.
I started watching Transparent too.

Old 06-12-2020, 06:42 PM

263 posts, read 93,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Just to clarify - you're stating you are an AMZN third-party seller who is not enrolled in FBA; and yet, you claim your merchandise is controlled by AMZN's pricing algorithm?
I don't know what a pricing algorithm is.
Even if I enrolled in FBA, which I've looked into, it wouldn't make any difference regarding my price. I have a certain mark up either way. With FBA, I wasn't too thrilled upon paying for "the space" in the warehouse . And paying to get my item back if it doesn't sell. FBA wouldn't work for me.

I am sure if you google it, you could learn all about this
It's been been going on for at least 6 months now.

I stand corrected. I guess I did sell a board game a little while ago because I have a balance still pending which transfer to my checking account eventually.

Due to this pricing fix, I've been pretty much out of selling on Amazon. I really only sold rare games and older electronics. It's difficult to buy an item, then get home to list it, and you cannot choose your own price.

It cannot be lower than 10% (I may be incorrect about the percentage) and often the item is priced so so high by the guy above, or the first guy to list, it never lowers in price. So just sits there forever not selling.
Easier to just list in on Mercari or Ebay for a decent price so it will sell faster. Then I am not storing this inventory as long in our house
Attached Thumbnails
Not using Amazon, if I can help it....-screen-shot-2020-06-12-5.48.59  

Last edited by Naomii; 06-12-2020 at 07:01 PM..

Old 06-12-2020, 09:30 PM

8,667 posts, read 3,868,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomii View Post
I don't know what a pricing algorithm is.

It cannot be lower than 10% (I may be incorrect about the percentage) and often the item is priced so so high by the guy above, or the first guy to list, it never lowers in price. So just sits there forever not selling.
Easier to just list in on Mercari or Ebay for a decent price so it will sell faster. Then I am not storing this inventory as long in our house
AMZN uses algorithmic pricing (price management via statistical analysis of various and specific market data).

Old 06-13-2020, 07:58 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,338,739 times
Beware, for those who want to use eBay or some smaller retailers, some of these retailers may not be authorized dealers of certain products. This is especially common with electronics. Even though you may be saving money on the purchase price, you risk voiding the warranty when buying from an unauthorized dealer.

Old 06-13-2020, 09:16 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,455,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
Beware, for those who want to use eBay or some smaller retailers, some of these retailers may not be authorized dealers of certain products. This is especially common with electronics. Even though you may be saving money on the purchase price, you risk voiding the warranty when buying from an unauthorized dealer.
The manufacturer is required to cover it's warranty. It has no bearing on who sold it. Unless it was stolen property.
I studied warranty in econ class. So many false statements by the average Joe.

I buy from Amazon provided it's state side shipped.
Best laugh though was a product I needed . Amazon site had it listed. The seller wanted $250.00. The product retails for 69.00. most hardware stores sell it for 45.00. I just couldn't get out that week to pick it up at the hardware place.
Contacted the seller via Amazon. Completely stomped on that bolstered price. The response, ohh it comes with a CD so you learn how to use it! I was amazed that they seriously thought someone would pay 5 times as much.
Amazon is a hit or miss. Lately I haven't missed declining some of the sellers price bolstering.

Old 06-13-2020, 10:06 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,338,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
The manufacturer is required to cover it's warranty. It has no bearing on who sold it. Unless it was stolen property.
I studied warranty in econ class. So many false statements by the average Joe.

I buy from Amazon provided it's state side shipped.
Best laugh though was a product I needed . Amazon site had it listed. The seller wanted $250.00. The product retails for 69.00. most hardware stores sell it for 45.00. I just couldn't get out that week to pick it up at the hardware place.
Contacted the seller via Amazon. Completely stomped on that bolstered price. The response, ohh it comes with a CD so you learn how to use it! I was amazed that they seriously thought someone would pay 5 times as much.
Amazon is a hit or miss. Lately I haven't missed declining some of the sellers price bolstering.
Not true at all. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act doesn't specifically mention gray market sales, but the official FTC interpretation is that limiting warranty coverage only to customers who buy from authorized dealers is legal.

Old 06-14-2020, 06:08 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,248,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
Not true at all. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act doesn't specifically mention gray market sales, but the official FTC interpretation is that limiting warranty coverage only to customers who buy from authorized dealers is legal.
Correct. At least for the US. If the serial/model number comes up as something not sold in the US a US warranty doesn’t apply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products