Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2020, 07:35 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,069,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
1. The order was over $25, so everybody in the US gets it free. 2. You are missing my points entirely. If I click a listing that clearly says "FREE shipping" I shouldn't have to uncheck a box with $7.14 shipping. They are clearly hoping I would not notice their little trick, of automatically checking the $7.14 option, after they already told me it would be free.
<sigh> I didn't miss your point -- I knew (given how your mind appears to work) that you were thinking that Amazon was trying to trick you. HOW, when there is a box that you can check to get free shipping? All you have to do is read the screen before ordering and click on the "free shipping" box. I don't see how anyone who knows what a "scam" is could call THAT a "scam." (If it makes you feel better, just click on the "free shipping" box while yelling at the screen, "TAKE THAT, AMAZON! I'M NOT FALLING FOR YOUR SCAM!" )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
But beyond that, the so called delivery options are a scam. Those are not delivery options. They are payment options. There is only one deliver option. Amazon Logistics 2 day delivery. That is the only option to get it. If they were honest the options would say:

Choose a payment option:

Monday, June 15
FREE Shipping

Monday, June 15
$7.14 - Shipping

Monday, June 15
$11.15 - Shipping

Because they are all the same. They are all Amazon Logistics 2 day delivery.
Again: they may happen to be all the same for you in your particular area for particular purchases that are in a distribution warehouse very close to where you live, but they are NOT all the same for everyone in the U.S. I don't know why you think that's the case.

Just give it up already, please. There was no scam. If you think amazon is deviously trying to scam you, simply don't order from them again, and you will not be a victim of their horrendous "scam."

Last edited by karen_in_nh_2012; 06-24-2020 at 07:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2020, 10:48 AM

15,419 posts, read 9,075,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
<sigh> I didn't miss your point -- I knew (given how your mind appears to work) that you were thinking that Amazon was trying to trick you. HOW, when there is a box that you can check to get free shipping? All you have to do is read the screen before ordering and click on the "free shipping" box. I don't see how anyone who knows what a "scam" is could call THAT a "scam." (If it makes you feel better, just click on the "free shipping" box while yelling at the screen, "TAKE THAT, AMAZON! I'M NOT FALLING FOR YOUR SCAM!" )

Again: they may happen to be all the same for you in your particular area for particular purchases that are in a distribution warehouse very close to where you live, but they are NOT all the same for everyone in the U.S. I don't know why you think that's the case.

Just give it up already, please. There was no scam. If you think amazon is deviously trying to scam you, simply don't order from them again, and you will not be a victim of their horrendous "scam."
1. I'm not near the distribution warehouse. The nearest one is 250 miles away from me. But this item came from one 200 miles farther then that. Thats about six hours of transportation time. It doesn't affect anything. Most people are probably closer to an Amazon distribution center, then I am.

2. I'm not going to stop ordering from them. I'm going to continue to buy from where I can get it cheapest, and I'm going to avoid Amazon's deliver charge scams. That includes not paying for Amazon Prime, and not paying for shipping, unless the price plus shipping is lower then the price with free shipping.

Old 06-25-2020, 11:31 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,380,774 times
I didn't know Wal Mart used third party sellers. I will avoid them from now on. I hate buying from third party sellers and avoid it as much as possible. I hate amazon, it's choked up with third party sellers who buy stuff from wal mart and mark the price up, then list it.

Old 06-26-2020, 08:03 AM

50,783 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I didn't know Wal Mart used third party sellers. I will avoid them from now on. I hate buying from third party sellers and avoid it as much as possible. I hate amazon, it's choked up with third party sellers who buy stuff from wal mart and mark the price up, then list it.
On both sites, you can easily avoid the third-party sellers. Under the search filter, you can restrict your search to Amazon.com sellers only which would avoid the third-party sellers. On Walmart.com go to the search filter go under “seller” and check Walmart.com only.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products