Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2020, 10:29 AM

7,327 posts, read 12,333,607 times

Advertisements

I know Amazon delivers as normal on the Monday-observed federal holidays and Veterans Day, while New Years Day and Christmas Day are non-delivery days. The two remaining federal holidays, the Fourth of July and Thanksgiving, are flexible and may vary from area to area depending on demand (I actually once did have a delivery on Thanksgiving I think in 2017).

So, with today being the Fourth of July, is Amazon delivering in your area today?

It looks like where I live, Amazon is only delivering Same-Day packages today. Here in the Phoenix area Same-Day has its own dedicated warehouse and delivery station, and I presume that is the only delivery station that might be operating today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2020, 12:25 AM

13,131 posts, read 20,984,674 times
Amazon doesn't delivers to our area. We do have the private logistic contract companies that drives those gray Amazon Prime vans delivering today, but since they are not actually Amazon, I don't know what Amazon's delivery is doing anywhere else.

Old 07-05-2020, 12:40 AM

61,691 posts, read 87,077,794 times
Why don't you contact Amazon and clear all the questions you have regarding their business, OP?
You are creating thread after a thread just to ask us about something else.
No one knows better than them.

Old 07-05-2020, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Why don't you contact Amazon and clear all the questions you have regarding their business, OP?
You are creating thread after a thread just to ask us about something else.
No one knows better than them.
Well, they can't speak for every city nationwide. Fourth of July and Thanksgiving delivery varies from area to area depending on local demand. There are no deliveries on New Years Day or Christmas Day. Other federal holidays (the ones observed on Monday and Veterans Day) are normal delivery days for Amazon if delivered by Amazon Logistics or the US Postal Service (the USPS agreed to deliver on these federal holidays for Amazon).

Old 07-05-2020, 08:31 PM

19,506 posts, read 9,534,290 times
I had 2 package/s from Amazon that were delivered yesterday and today but not sure who the deliveries were made by. We see a lot of UPS trucks in our subdivision. My guess either them or if pkg small enough, our regular mail person - USPS.

We have a warehouse facility about 30 mins from our house. I've seen the 18 wheelers on I-81 a lot and rarely, if ever see any of the Amazon van style out on the roads, even though I know they exist.

Old 07-05-2020, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
I had 2 package/s from Amazon that were delivered yesterday and today but not sure who the deliveries were made by. We see a lot of UPS trucks in our subdivision. My guess either them or if pkg small enough, our regular mail person - USPS.
For Amazon only Amazon Logistics and the USPS delivers on select federal holidays, so it was probably the USPS. The USPS has an agreement with Amazon to deliver their packages on Sundays and select federal holidays. As for the Fourth of July and Thanksgiving I think it is up to the regional Sortation Center that decides whether or not there will be deliveries in their regions for those two holidays, and I think it is based on local demand.

Old 08-10-2020, 02:35 PM

24,462 posts, read 25,995,249 times
Amazon looking into using empty Sears and Penny's stores for distribution.

https://www.engadget.com/amazon-depa...204230391.html

Old 08-13-2020, 11:44 AM

No problem with Amazon delivery. In fact both recent (non essential) orders were delivered before the estimated time.
My last order from Aug. 9 supposed to be delivered on Monday the 17th, but I just got notification that it was already delivered (to post office address) today. I don't have Prime, so those are standard free options.

Old 08-13-2020, 01:39 PM

This thread was bumped from the Fourth of July. Currently Amazon delivery seems to be fine although shipments that are far away take longer to process. On the Fourth of July Amazon was only doing Same-Day deliveries where I live. Deliveries on the Fourth of July and Thanksgiving seem to vary by region and I think may be based on local demand. There are no Amazon deliveries on New Years Day or Christmas Day. All other federal holidays are normal Amazon delivery days.

Old 08-13-2020, 02:37 PM

Those are holidays and super busy days, so it's understandable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products