Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2020, 08:24 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Wrong size and way too expensive. I'm not going to spend $6 for a small container of shampoo. Plus I have other things I need from Target. I just wish they were more competent at online sales, so I could order it all online.
It's out of stock, most likely due to a manufacturing issue. How does that make Target incompetent? Don't all websites experience stocking issues? But then, if it is simply just a Target issue, why not order from somewhere else? Isn't it available at Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, Amazon, etc... Heck, I would think Dollar store would sell that shampoo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2020, 09:25 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Wrong size and way too expensive. I'm not going to spend $6 for a small container of shampoo. Plus I have other things I need from Target. I just wish they were more competent at online sales, so I could order it all online.
I thought $1 a bottle wasn't bad, the conditioner was twice the size for $2. If you bought a few bottles, $5 shipping also wasn't bad. With target you had to spend $35 for free shipping.

Hope target will have it by the time you get there.

Old 08-07-2020, 12:27 PM

15,420 posts, read 9,078,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
It's out of stock, most likely due to a manufacturing issue. How does that make Target incompetent? Don't all websites experience stocking issues? But then, if it is simply just a Target issue, why not order from somewhere else? Isn't it available at Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, Amazon, etc... Heck, I would think Dollar store would sell that shampoo.
Target doesn't have a problem stocking it on their store shelves. They only have a problem stocking it on their warehouse shelves for online sales.

Old 08-07-2020, 02:36 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Target doesn't have a problem stocking it on their store shelves. They only have a problem stocking it on their warehouse shelves for online sales.
The store's current stock could be from before their was a distributor issue.

But hey, if it's just an issue with Target's website, there are dozens of other stores you can shop at.

Old 08-10-2020, 03:39 PM

10,895 posts, read 7,389,984 times
That's my favorite conditioner, and I had trouble getting it for a couple months. At one point, the only offer I could find was $27 for a single bottle. Free shipping, though.

Walmart.com currently has it available for shipping at $8.30 for a two pack (free delivery), or through grocery pickup/delivery for $1.98 each. You gotta compare prices, and stock up when it's cheap.

Old 08-10-2020, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
That's my favorite conditioner, and I had trouble getting it for a couple months. At one point, the only offer I could find was $27 for a single bottle. Free shipping, though.

Walmart.com currently has it available for shipping at $8.30 for a two pack (free delivery), or through grocery pickup/delivery for $1.98 each. You gotta compare prices, and stock up when it's cheap.
Thanks for the info. I kind of lucked out. I found an extra bottle of the shampoo in my closet that had gotten knocked over and rolled to the back of the shelve out of sight. That will take care of me for while. So I went ahead and ordered the six pack of the conditioner on Amazon for $11.94. Hopefully I will be able to order a six pack of the shampoo for the same price, before I run out.

But it still doesn't change my opinion of the Target website. Target just doesn't get the importance of online sales. They still focus on their brick and mortar, over online sales. And that is not good for their future.

Old 08-11-2020, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I kind of lucked out. I found an extra bottle of the shampoo in my closet that had gotten knocked over and rolled to the back of the shelve out of sight. That will take care of me for while. So I went ahead and ordered the six pack of the conditioner on Amazon for $11.94. Hopefully I will be able to order a six pack of the shampoo for the same price, before I run out.

But it still doesn't change my opinion of the Target website. Target just doesn't get the importance of online sales. They still focus on their brick and mortar, over online sales. And that is not good for their future.
You won't find the 6 pack of shampoo at Amazon for that price, I found one 6 pack for $31.30 & free Shipping. Amazon is pretty much out of your shampoo except a few sellers that inflate the prices.

Suave New 358931 Shampoo Tropical Coconut 30Z (6-Pack) Shampoo Wholesale Bulk

I have a feeling that those of you using it will be having a tough time buying it for a while if you don't go to a local store to buy what they have. I'll tell you why you won't be able to find it soon because the country has been shut down, factories as well as getting the ingredients for the products. It's the same for a lot of things. Ocnjgal was looking for Fresca soda for weeks until she finally found some at our local shop rite. Our Walmarts and Targets have been out of stock for months, still from months ago when she was originally looking for it. Even steiconi who I quoted below said she's had trouble getting it for a couple months. Appliances and cars are also in short supply. It's been hit or miss finding some OTC medications too and when they put stock out, it's not very many.

I'm looking online, people are driving prices up. Walgreens only sells it online 30oz, 2/$5 but it's out of stock. I tried my Walmart app to buy it local, not available at any of the 5 stores I checked. I did find it at my local Target, $1.99 for a 30oz bottle but you said a 15oz bottle for $1 at dollar general was too expensive, it equals the same price as the store. You would have been able to buy multiple bottles when I originally linked it to make the $5 shipping charge "worth it". I don't doubt someone here reading the thread jumped on it.

Who knows how long the shampoo will be out of stock? It could be a week or it could be months. Will that one bottle you thankfully found last a few months? If not, I would take that drive to your local Target to stock up for at least 6 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post

You're lucky that your Walmart has it in stock because none of mine do. You should jump on it if you're going to need more since you've been trying to find it a few months now. I agree, you have to stock up when you see it for a reasonable price

Last edited by Roselvr; 08-11-2020 at 10:55 AM..

Old 08-11-2020, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
You won't find the 6 pack of shampoo at Amazon for that price, I found one 6 pack for $31.30 & free Shipping. Amazon is pretty much out of your shampoo except a few sellers that inflate the prices.

Suave New 358931 Shampoo Tropical Coconut 30Z (6-Pack) Shampoo Wholesale Bulk

I have a feeling that those of you using it will be having a tough time buying it for a while if you don't go to a local store to buy what they have. I'll tell you why you won't be able to find it soon because the country has been shut down, factories as well as getting the ingredients for the products. It's the same for a lot of things. Ocnjgal was looking for Fresca soda for weeks until she finally found some at our local shop rite. Our Walmarts and Targets have been out of stock for months, still from months ago when she was originally looking for it. Even steiconi who I quoted below said she's had trouble getting it for a couple months. Appliances and cars are also in short supply. It's been hit or miss finding some OTC medications too and when they put stock out, it's not very many.

I'm looking online, people are driving prices up. Walgreens only sells it online 30oz, 2/$5 but it's out of stock. I tried my Walmart app to buy it local, not available at any of the 5 stores I checked. I did find it at my local Target, $1.99 for a 30oz bottle but you said a 15oz bottle for $1 at dollar general was too expensive, it equals the same price as the store. You would have been able to buy multiple bottles when I originally linked it to make the $5 shipping charge "worth it". I don't doubt someone here reading the thread jumped on it.

Who knows how long the shampoo will be out of stock? It could be a week or it could be months. Will that one bottle you thankfully found last a few months? If not, I would take that drive to your local Target to stock up for at least 6 months.
I should be good on shampoo until the end of the year. I use probably about 1 or 2 ozs. a week. So the 30oz. bottle will last about 15 to 30 weeks. I'm sure I should be able to get something by then. Meanwhile, I might order a second six-pack of the conditioner, just in case.

Old 08-12-2020, 02:48 AM

10,612 posts, read 12,129,422 times
I'm not someone who orders a lot online. But I've found this thread interesting. I confess my first thought was, "Who the hell lives 100 miles from a Target?" My second was, you won't pay $6 for shampoo, but you'll drive two hours to get it. But you did say you'll get other things on your trip as well.

However, I AM sorry you found the online order experience to be so frustrating. I do see how aggravating it can be to not be able to procure what you want, when you want, how you want -- and for the price you want to pay. THAT I can relate to.

I wish you better online shopping experiences to come. Life is too short for aggravations over shampoo.

Old 08-12-2020, 04:54 AM

Quote:
I should be good on shampoo until the end of the year. I use probably about 1 or 2 ozs. a week. So the 30oz. bottle will last about 15 to 30 weeks. I'm sure I should be able to get something by then. Meanwhile, I might order a second six-pack of the conditioner, just in case.
6, 30oz bottles of conditioner would last me a few years, my hair is down to my butt too. I use an Aussie shampoo and conditioner that's more expensive then Suave but works better for my hair. We use infusium (also expensive) for my daughter and grandson, his hair is like Slash from Guns & Roses. The conditioner works great for that type of curly hair.

I bought my daughter the Suave strawberry, she hasn't complained yet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products