Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2020, 11:04 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,776,641 times

Advertisements

I haven't bought anything from them for a few months. Now all my reviews (hundreds of them) are gone. I just contacted them through web chat and was directed a page that is non existent. I am now like a new customer and can't even ask a question about a product. I am livid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2020, 01:07 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,444,730 times
There is a reason. It's unknown though. But a reason exist .
I'll start with:
Gremlins in the Amazon account?
Aunt Millie paid off a rep to delete your comments
Or let's go with the standard: due to technical difficulty the account has been placed under review.

Old 09-13-2020, 01:59 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,020,075 times
Something similar happened to me once (not Amazon, tho) and it didn't occur to me for a while that for that ONE website I used a different, unique username.

Old 09-13-2020, 02:05 PM

Just tried to review a product I bought from them a few days ago. This message shows up:

Quote:
We apologize but Amazon has noticed some unusual reviewing activity on this account. As a result, all reviews submitted by this account have been removed and this account will no longer be able to contribute reviews and other content on Amazon. If you would like to learn more, please see our community guidelines. To contact us about this decision, please email community-help@amazon.com.
The only thing I can think of is that I stopped buying from them for a few months. Well, at least I can still buy from them. Looking for alternatives, but it's hard because they are good at what they do.

Old 09-16-2020, 05:54 AM

15,419 posts, read 9,055,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Just tried to review a product I bought from them a few days ago. This message shows up:

The only thing I can think of is that I stopped buying from them for a few months. Well, at least I can still buy from them. Looking for alternatives, but it's hard because they are good at what they do.
They told you what the problem was. You violated the community guidelines. It has nothing to do with you not ordering. Go to that page, look over the guidelines, and see if you can figure out which one you violated.

I'm really not sure why this is such a big deal to you. Only 0.5% of Amazon customers write reviews. Most people are just there to buy. It sounds like you must have very strong opinions about reviewing products, to let this bother you so much.

Old 09-16-2020, 08:00 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,123,159 times
Happened to me once and a few weeks later I got an email from Amazon explaining some sort of glitch.. it was an accident.

Old 09-24-2020, 07:59 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,373,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post

Amazon is awful.

There is a glitch in their system that makes it hard for me to log in. I've even contacted them on the phone and they can't help me. I have to go through a 3 step process that involves using my cell phone and email account to get change and retrieve passwords. It's some security issue. I think my account was hacked a long time ago and this is what amazon did to protect it. It's a huge hassle and not worth it. Anyway, I have moved on to other online sellers and there are plenty of them. When you shop on amazon, you are paying a "middleman" fee. Go straight to the seller of the product to buy what you want. You'll pay less.

Old 09-26-2020, 09:06 AM

15,419 posts, read 9,055,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Amazon is awful.

There is a glitch in their system that makes it hard for me to log in. I've even contacted them on the phone and they can't help me. I have to go through a 3 step process that involves using my cell phone and email account to get change and retrieve passwords. It's some security issue. I think my account was hacked a long time ago and this is what amazon did to protect it. It's a huge hassle and not worth it. Anyway, I have moved on to other online sellers and there are plenty of them. When you shop on amazon, you are paying a "middleman" fee. Go straight to the seller of the product to buy what you want. You'll pay less.
Not necessarily true. A lot of the stuff is sold directly by Amazon with no middleman. For third party sellers, you are correct, you are paying middleman fees, but I don't think the fees are significant enough, not to shop on Amazon. I have looked at the websites of many companies that sell on Amazon and eBay, and their prices and shipping fees are generally the same whether you buy the item on Amazon, eBay or the company's website.

As for those three step verification processes. I hate those too. They are just scams to get your personal information for marketing purposes. Amazon did that to me one time a few years ago. So I just set up a new account. I'm also on my fifth PayPal account for the same reason. eBay for some strange reason, has never done it to me. I have had my eBay account for 18 years. Neither Amazon or eBay has my current, correct e-mail or phone number, and I have no intention of giving it to them.

Old 09-28-2020, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
They told you what the problem was. You violated the community guidelines. It has nothing to do with you not ordering. Go to that page, look over the guidelines, and see if you can figure out which one you violated.

I'm really not sure why this is such a big deal to you. Only 0.5% of Amazon customers write reviews. Most people are just there to buy. It sounds like you must have very strong opinions about reviewing products, to let this bother you so much.
I have been their customer for 15 years and had written reviews for about 12 years. For 12 years there were no violations, but now suddenly they stopped letting me write reviews. I have emailed and asked for the reasons and never received a reply.

It bothers me because they are disrespecting me.

Old 09-28-2020, 08:14 PM

11,068 posts, read 7,139,669 times
It's a huge corporation, and they've probably made changes with reviews. Could be unfair, ridiculous, etc. But if they want to do it, they will. Sometimes things like this happen, and it sucks, but you likely aren't going to change anything on their end. Not trying to be mean, just realistic. Stare the beast in the eyes and recognize it for what it is. You aren't going to wrestle it and win. Take what you've learned, and if you want to retaliate, hit them where it hurts, in the purse (i.e. stop purchasing through them). That's you're only recourse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products