Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 06:03 AM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert earl View Post
For me first, the store should be clean. It's not like the merchandise doesn't matter, it surely does but if the store is clean may attract more customers. I personally go off shopping only to stores which are clean. Especially in this pandemic time, It is really more imp to me. There are stores which are clean and offer products at affordable prices and of good quality which are all the types I prefer.
Well, this ^^^ goes without saying. It's expected, or not anymore?
Like clean restrooms without advertising it.
I am quite baffled when I see the richest first world country advertising... clean bathrooms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2020, 06:06 AM

45,333 posts, read 60,500,026 times
1) that the store actually has what I need, none of this "They don't make that now" **** when the truth is that the store just doesn't stock it any longer.
2) the store is arranged logically.

Old 09-25-2020, 04:15 AM

572 posts, read 324,861 times
The look of the store does not matter much as long as the products are neatly managed the store with the daily items and luxury items are all fine. Luxurious stores mean expensive productas.

Old 09-26-2020, 08:14 AM

51 posts, read 16,686 times
I guess the easyness to find what Im looking for is a plus........

Some stores ya go in and they are a huge mess....... This IGA in cape cod we went to years ago was horrible..... The isles were not very wide and I remember my mom saying "Im gonna kill someone" thats how crowded and unpleasant it was.....

Stores should be conveinent and easy to access if they hope to keep customers......

Old 09-26-2020, 08:19 AM

15,419 posts, read 9,049,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
I would like to know, what is more important to you when shopping at physical stores, the way the store looks, or the actual merchandise?

For me it is the merchandise that counts. I have been to nice-looking stores with poor merchandise, and older stores with better merchandise than their newer and nicer counterparts. This is especially common with department stores. I understand that stores will often tailor the merchandise towards the area's demographic.
All I care, is that they have what I need, at a price I can afford.

Old 09-26-2020, 01:32 PM

15,128 posts, read 32,307,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
All I care, is that they have what I need, at a price I can afford.
Agree!

Old 09-27-2020, 09:53 AM

4,184 posts, read 3,397,060 times
Any store we visit has to be big, airy, and CLEAN.

Old 09-27-2020, 02:56 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
I just want to get in and out as fast as I can.

Old 09-27-2020, 08:39 PM

4,197 posts, read 4,449,313 times
Merchandise
Logical layout /well labelled aisles / departments (so you can find things)
Staffing (enough so you can get in find what you need and get out promptly)

I had an interesting experience in comparing a national grocer this weekend. Aldi is a place I shop frequently and they have been renovating and re merchandising the floor layout. Even though the closest one has been renovated and expanded it is still (IMO) poorly laid out - which may be more due to a constricted parcel for the free standing structure based on the volume of shoppers.

I was in another one built four year ago in a further out suburb as part of a strip plaza and it was much better. It was laid out with more space and even though ran counterclockwise to what I am familiar with it was a much better experience. I could still find what I wanted - which is still priority based upon your question - but I will concede the 'experience' can be much better in optimized design layouts. Note, I'm the sort of shopper for grocery stores that 'memorizes' the layout, so I make my shopping list in the respective order of the items while walking the store.

Old 09-27-2020, 09:32 PM

19,496 posts, read 9,525,458 times
Merchandise - as others have said, has to be what I look for the most. If they have a particular tool, or vacuum, for instance, it would be so nice that they also have the accessories. If it's clothes, and they sell out of a particular size range, don't get double the amount of a size that no one hardly buys.

Lighting - that's important. It helps to see the item you're considering to puRchase.

Organization of store floor -.Easy to get around. No blocking aisles with mannequins or carts, and such. It's difficult for the handicapped to get around some of those.

I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of at this time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products