Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2020, 01:18 PM

13,034 posts, read 17,909,398 times

Advertisements

So, I just had the radio on and heard an ad for Boll and Branch sheets and I have a few questions for anyone who owns them. I have a queen size bed and the first set I looked at were $240. The info said 300 thread count. Maybe because I never had a set of sheets that expensive, I just don't understand what makes them worth so much more.

It sounds like I am paying for the box, which sounds nice but generally speaking, if I am buying something for myself, I don't need fancy boxing. I thought the conventional wisdom was the higher the thread count the better the sheet and their website says something about the length of the thread.

So if you own a set of them, can you please tell us about them. Were they a gift or a splurge? Were you delighted enough with them to buy them again? Do they wrinkle like mad?

I will never spend that much on a sheet set, but I really want to hear from others how they feel. TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2020, 04:34 PM

17,669 posts, read 29,550,848 times
My wife loves sheets from Brook Linen.
I am fine with them, but I also like Restoration Hardware.

Old 10-19-2020, 04:52 PM

4,085 posts, read 2,516,929 times
I have a set (full) that I received as a gift. They're really nice and not dissimilar to an ancient inherited set that I use to make up one of my guest beds. When line dried, they're especially nice. Crisp, yet soft, if that makes any sense.

I either fold or put my sheets back on the bed immediately after drying, so I've not noticed any excessive wrinkling. Most of my laundry is line-dried, though, which helps to prevent wrinkles, so I'm not sure how badly the sheets would wrinkle if left in the washer or dryer for an extended period of time.

Time will tell as to their wearability.

Old 10-19-2020, 07:01 PM

17,403 posts, read 65,544,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
So, I just had the radio on and heard an ad for Boll and Branch sheets and I have a few questions for anyone who owns them. I have a queen size bed and the first set I looked at were $240. The info said 300 thread count. Maybe because I never had a set of sheets that expensive, I just don't understand what makes them worth so much more.

It sounds like I am paying for the box, which sounds nice but generally speaking, if I am buying something for myself, I don't need fancy boxing. I thought the conventional wisdom was the higher the thread count the better the sheet and their website says something about the length of the thread.

So if you own a set of them, can you please tell us about them. Were they a gift or a splurge? Were you delighted enough with them to buy them again? Do they wrinkle like mad?

I will never spend that much on a sheet set, but I really want to hear from others how they feel. TIA
Not no; but Hell No!
Not paying that for a set of SHEETS! I was born at night, but it wasn’t last night!

They just pandering to those that think cotton is better if it is grown organically, has not been unethically obtained (whatever the Hell that means), has not been exposed to chemicals, and on, and on, and on...

...is it possible that most would not know or feel the difference? And isn’t that the top criteria?

Old 10-19-2020, 07:03 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,087,133 times
I think I pay around $80-90 for the best set possible at Costco. I have to believe that would be on par with B&B.

Old 10-19-2020, 08:55 PM

356 posts, read 364,176 times
I own a set. They are terrific! You will be pleased . Mega dittos!

Old 10-19-2020, 09:15 PM

13,034 posts, read 17,909,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopard2 View Post
I own a set. They are terrific! You will be pleased . Mega dittos!
Once again. I am not in the market for $200 plus sheets. I was just trying to determine why they were worth so much more. I am a pretty simple gal. Never had or wanted the best, but always wanted the best for “me”.

Old 10-22-2020, 04:53 PM

6,031 posts, read 6,080,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
Not no; but Hell No!
Not paying that for a set of SHEETS! I was born at night, but it wasn’t last night!

They just pandering to those that think cotton is better if it is grown organically, has not been unethically obtained (whatever the Hell that means), has not been exposed to chemicals, and on, and on, and on...

...is it possible that most would not know or feel the difference? And isn’t that the top criteria?
Second that. Very few products advertised on the radio or even via programs I like (YouTube) are anything worthwhile, it's just clever marketing.

I have never bought Boll and Branch, and never will unless they have clearance, and even then I'll look at it carefully first.

I buy a sheet set (queen) yearly or every couple from Amazon. Lookup "best sheets" online and back it out from there. I have no complaints and haven't spent more than $79/set, for niiiiiice stuff: I like Egyption Cotton, 600 thread count. There are many options.

$240 a set is (you-know-what), tugging on the heartstrings.

Old 10-22-2020, 08:29 PM

2,493 posts, read 2,043,860 times
I've never heard of that brand, but 300 thread count is nothing.
And to spend $240 for the said 300 count is silly.

imo

Old 10-24-2020, 09:04 AM

30,146 posts, read 20,857,330 times
Never heard of them and never bought sheets in my life pete. I still got the same 1's from 2010.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products