Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2020, 08:12 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,123,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I'm so sick of every customer service problem being blamed on the virus. If the company can't produce what they promise, don't sell it. Even if the virus is the cause, stop blaming it and reduce your sales volume of the product. Whatever it takes to avoid alienating your customers. We deserve better than this.
What? How does that help? Coca-Cola stopped production of several flavors in order to concentrate on their top sellers and ensure their availability. Do you think that stopped the complaints/alienation from the people looking for those discontinued flavors?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2020, 08:40 AM

12,382 posts, read 8,136,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I'm so sick of every customer service problem being blamed on the virus. If the company can't produce what they promise, don't sell it. Even if the virus is the cause, stop blaming it and reduce your sales volume of the product. Whatever it takes to avoid alienating your customers. We deserve better than this.
That is what UPS and FedEx tried to do. The USPS however has other bosses and can not refuse service. They are now treating ballots in Georgia like express mail and must go on a daily snipe hunt to look for them instead of moving everything in the most efficient manner

Old 12-26-2020, 03:03 PM

10,887 posts, read 7,370,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Just curious - those of you that have gotten credit for packages that you did actually get at some point: Have you let the store know?
I did. They told me to keep it.

Old 12-26-2020, 03:50 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
Glad to hear

Old 12-27-2020, 05:08 AM

550 posts, read 364,043 times
If a seller says going to ship product X by USPS in this season, not going to trust it as have three packages tracking history in transit running late both ways 5, 9, and 12 days. Thankful for Amazon which they have their own trucks and drivers for product orders which they directly fulfill.

Old 12-27-2020, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Well, my amazon package left the facility 12/23 on USPS, let's see how long it takes to get here and what shape it arrives in. It was ordered for an arrival date of 12/30 but is only 200 miles from here now, 3.5 hours as the truck flies, lol.
Wondering if I should be concerned that USPS tracking says my package is in one place but amazon tracking says it's in another. Somebody isn't keeping up!
My package arrived today, last leg on USPS, looking slightly worse for the wear, but acceptable. Three days in shipping, and three days ahead of the scheduled delivery! No complaints here.

Old 12-27-2020, 12:42 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,792,964 times
So, USPS is delivering packages on Sundays now?

Old 12-27-2020, 01:58 PM

Apparently they deliver packages to some areas on Sundays. I found out a few weeks ago.

Old 12-27-2020, 02:13 PM

12,382 posts, read 8,136,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalabama View Post
So, USPS is delivering packages on Sundays now?
The USPS has been delivering on Sundays for Amazon only for over 5 years now. Last year some districts were losing their contracts as Amazon used their own newly formed delivery service. But since March the Amazon overflow returned to the postal service with a vengeance. Going into the election with many streets not receiving daily service due to sick carriers not working Sundays have been used to catch up and people have gotten backed up letters along with Amazon and other large parcels.

Before this year the only Sunday delivery of non Amazon parcels was done maybe on the last two weekends before Christmas and back when UPS drivers went on strike about 20 years ago.

Old 12-27-2020, 06:05 PM

1,538 posts, read 866,766 times
I'm trying to order a couple calendars from UK, but their site won't ship internationally because of the new strain of the virus and restrictions placed on international travel. I didn't know that shipping products could carry the virus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products