Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2021, 09:51 AM

2,608 posts, read 3,124,236 times

Advertisements

Moderators, feel free to move this if you see a better page for it.

Diamonds Direct advertises a lot in my area, central NC. Their ads sound good but I called them twice , about a year apart & couldn’t get a clear answer from anyone. I asked if I could get a decent diamond for my wife with about $1,000. First time, clerk said she didn’t know & would get someone to call me. They never did. 2nd time, just recently, answer was “it depends, we have the stone & the ring”, etc. I asked if I could get a decent stone in a decent ring for $1,000. I got another “it depends”. I then asked about $1,200 or $1,500. More talking in circles.

Their ads claim that they cut out the scams of diamond buying but I don’t get that idea talking to them. I like straight answers to simple questions & they duck my questions.

Has anyone here dealt with DD? What is your experience?

Last edited by jmellc; 02-19-2021 at 09:56 AM.. Reason: Note
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2021, 04:00 PM

1,462 posts, read 962,002 times
I would suggest you go to bluenile.com and do a search for loose diamonds. You can put in your search criteria, such as price, cut, clarity, carat, color and diamond shape. Use that information against DD and see if they can match the quality of diamond that you can get from Bluenile.

Old 02-22-2021, 02:11 PM

2,443 posts, read 3,191,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmellc View Post
Diamonds Direct advertises a lot in my area, central NC. Their ads sound good but I called them twice , about a year apart & couldn’t get a clear answer from anyone. I asked if I could get a decent diamond for my wife with about $1,000. First time, clerk said she didn’t know & would get someone to call me. They never did. 2nd time, just recently, answer was “it depends, we have the stone & the ring”, etc. I asked if I could get a decent stone in a decent ring for $1,000. I got another “it depends”. I then asked about $1,200 or $1,500. More talking in circles.
What is decent? If that is really what you asked for then how can you expect an answer that is any less vague that your question?

Old 02-22-2021, 02:15 PM

15,049 posts, read 10,022,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teqp View Post
I would suggest you go to bluenile.com and do a search for loose diamonds. You can put in your search criteria, such as price, cut, clarity, carat, color and diamond shape. Use that information against DD and see if they can match the quality of diamond that you can get from Bluenile.
I too had a good experience with Bluenile. Purchased from them once and Houston Diamond District twice which was also a good experience. Both have a wide selection to fit any budget.

Old 02-22-2021, 03:35 PM

12,698 posts, read 14,840,320 times
I'm looking for a diamond engagement ring these days too. There's no Diamonds Direct in my state. I only actually really looked around on 1 day so far, but did a lot of looking around online. I prefer not to actually buy online w/o seeing it personally.

My current plan is to look at this certain ring when it comes in at Robbins Brothers. I've always liked it, but probably won't buy it...a little too pricey. But I found this independently-owned jewelry store 2 hrs away & if all goes well, I plan to buy something there & I've got up to 10 styles I've researched online that I plan to see there...a brand that's known as like the, "cheaper little sister" of the brand I'll be seeing at Robbins Brothers.

Old 02-27-2021, 11:41 PM

2,608 posts, read 3,124,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaxwell View Post
What is decent? If that is really what you asked for then how can you expect an answer that is any less vague that your question?
They could tell me that stones start at this price, rings start at that price, etc. instead of every answer being the evasive "it depends". I called another store and gave the same information. The clerk gave me a starting range for what she thought I might be looking for. I appreciated that. I won't call DD again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products