Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2021, 07:26 AM

30,156 posts, read 11,783,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
No idea how many threads there are on Publix or Wegmans. Had idea Clicklist was a Kroger thing. It doesn’t exist in my state. Lots of apps aren’t available in all areas. Such as Instacart, Uber, Grub Hub, etc. Yes, really they don’t have people for them in every area. Lots of small towns don’t have these things. Somehow we survive.

I am familiar with Instacart in the Arizona Fry's/Kroger. But they are a shopping / delivery service. The OP is talking about just picking up at the front door. My local Walmart uses their employees to do the shopping. And you pay Walmart directly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2021, 08:19 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,213,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
No idea how many threads there are on Publix or Wegmans. Had idea Clicklist was a Kroger thing. It doesn’t exist in my state. Lots of apps aren’t available in all areas. Such as Instacart, Uber, Grub Hub, etc. Yes, really they don’t have people for them in every area. Lots of small towns don’t have these things. Somehow we survive.

So why did you click on this thread and read it? You knew it was about Kroger and you don't have Kroger in your area.

Old 02-27-2021, 08:55 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,621,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
So why did you click on this thread and read it? You knew it was about Kroger and you don't have Kroger in your area.
If you read my initial post I asked what the heck Clicklist is. I had no idea what it was. I have no idea what Kroger does. I learned it was something from Kroger a few posts back. And who cares why someone clicks on a thread? Reading and responding is the whole point of a forum! Go have a Snickers.

Old 02-27-2021, 08:57 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,958,474 times
Quote:
Because it's (still) a free country?

Old 02-27-2021, 09:02 AM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
Quote:
I didn't realize that Clicklist was a Kroger-specific app until I was a few pages in. Kroger had been mentioned, but I didn't know it was only available through Kroger.

Old 02-27-2021, 09:22 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,202,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I didn't realize that Clicklist was a Kroger-specific app until I was a few pages in. Kroger had been mentioned, but I didn't know it was only available through Kroger.
This type of service is available at multiple retailers, including Walmart. Clicklist happens to be the name of the service at Kroger and Kroger affiliated supermarkets. Although my local chain actually got rid of the name and just calls it Pickup - or as the website says "Pickup (Formerly Clicklist)" I liked the name, I'm not sure why they are getting rid of it

And I think someone mentioned this before - the website explicitly states employees who bring the groceries out to your car do not accept tips. In pre-pandemic times, I would still tip anyway, esp. if I did a big order right before a holiday. But these days, the employees don't get close enough to take a tip anyway, which is understandable.

I also use Shipt for delivery orders from Target and those allow you to add a tip directly to your order and pay via credit card, so of course I tip on those, esp. because it's one person who is walking through the store shopping for your order and then delivering it to your front door.

Old 02-27-2021, 09:44 AM

16,393 posts, read 30,277,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I am familiar with Instacart in the Arizona Fry's/Kroger. But they are a shopping / delivery service. The OP is talking about just picking up at the front door. My local Walmart uses their employees to do the shopping. And you pay Walmart directly.
And that describes Clicklist. You place your order online, select a pickup time, and show up at that time to pick up your order. When you arrive at the assigned time, you park in the designated spaces, call the assigned number and they bring out your order and place it in your trunk. There is no contact with the personnel except to thank them. After you receive your order, the clerk enters it into the computer and your credit card is charges for the amount of your purchase. It is very similar to Walmart.

Clicklist dates back to at least 2018, pre pandemic. At that time, there was a fee attached although occasionally, they would have some deal available to get it for free with a specific purchase. Currently, it is free but like Walmart, there is a $35 minimum purchase. That is why one of our friends pools ten households together so making that amount is easy. Out average purchase recently in $250 per week combined.

Old 02-27-2021, 09:47 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,958,474 times
"Ten households"? How do they manage to get together to divvy all those groceries up if they're too afraid of contracting the virus to go into a store?

Old 02-27-2021, 09:58 AM

30,156 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
And that describes Clicklist. You place your order online, select a pickup time, and show up at that time to pick up your order. When you arrive at the assigned time, you park in the designated spaces, call the assigned number and they bring out your order and place it in your trunk. There is no contact with the personnel except to thank them. After you receive your order, the clerk enters it into the computer and your credit card is charges for the amount of your purchase. It is very similar to Walmart.

Clicklist dates back to at least 2018, pre pandemic. At that time, there was a fee attached although occasionally, they would have some deal available to get it for free with a specific purchase. Currently, it is free but like Walmart, there is a $35 minimum purchase. That is why one of our friends pools ten households together so making that amount is easy. Out average purchase recently in $250 per week combined.

So Clicklist is just the name of the app? At fry's (which is Krogers) you just use the fry's app which stores your monthly points and has special savings only with the app and you can order groceries from it. If you want it delivered Instacart takes over or you can pick it up. To me if you are going to drive down to the supermarket you might as well go in and shop. Unless you are really afraid of covid. When I was recovering from covid I would have it delivered for a $10 charge.

Old 02-27-2021, 10:06 AM

10,891 posts, read 7,386,537 times
I can see why some people might not want to shop for themselves, even without covid fears. It is a nuisance to deal with carts left in the middle of the aisle, families spread out to fill the walkway, waiting in line to pay, looking for every item you need and having to double back to get something you missed...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products